Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

front license plate bs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cmon' give the cops a break, they just want a nice flat surface to bounce there radars off of!!
Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C~Style
Cmon' give the cops a break, they just want a nice flat surface to bounce there radars off of!!
EDIT: Yeah you are right I thought you were talking about tint still. Not radar but lidar (laser).

Last edited by machron1; Jul 7, 2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HorsepowerFreak
I believe you have to follow vehicle laws in the state you are in. Correct?

WRONG... you do not have to follow certain laws.. (I.E. the front plate law is the most common)... If your vehicle is registered in a state that does not require you to have a front plate they local law enforcement cannot enforce that upon you.

Another law that can only be enforced state to state is tint... lets say ohio allows 15% all the way around(ohio doesn't but hypothetically) and i am driving around washington and the cop pulls me over... if my vehicle is registered in ohio.. there isn't a damn thing the cop can do... sure write me a ticket... I'll just go to court show the judge that the vehicle is within limits of the state its registered in... and there is nothing they can do about it...

Argue what you will but look at alot of the out of state vehicles in the area... ALOT of them do not have front plates...
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

^ +1 on the tint, police dont care anymore because many upscale vehicle comes with tint. i took my front plates out couple weeks ago, so far im a happy camper **knock on wood
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:00 AM

Coming home from Canada today, the US border guard asked me what happened to my front plate. I told him it was in the trunk. He said "You're lucky we don't enforce state laws"... I said "I appreciate that sir..." and he sent me on my way while making funny faces at my son (he's 2) in the back seat.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:18 AM

I was pulled over in MD the other day and given a 60 dollar ticket for not having my front license plate on...

Its funny though because every other car that passed while the cop was writing my ticket had no front license plate. Bad luck on my part I suppose because it seems so rare that you are pulled over for such a lame law.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Amok
I was pulled over in MD the other day and given a 60 dollar ticket for not having my front license plate on...

Its funny though because every other car that passed while the cop was writing my ticket had no front license plate. Bad luck on my part I suppose because it seems so rare that you are pulled over for such a lame law.

sounds like that cop didnt meet his qouta for the month, and u became his target
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by edison
^ +1 on the tint, police dont care anymore because many upscale vehicle comes with tint. i took my front plates out couple weeks ago, so far im a happy camper **knock on wood
That doesn’t make sense....

Just because some high end cars have dark tint doesn’t mean cops ignore it. The car is going to be the biggest factor with something like tint. An EVO is going to get more looks for such a thing than a Benz would, and a riced out Civic is going to get more looks than an EVO.

Depends on the cop and their mood, the car in question, how you were driving, etc. There's no failsafe to breaking the law.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HorsepowerFreak
That doesn’t make sense....

Just because some high end cars have dark tint doesn’t mean cops ignore it. The car is going to be the biggest factor with something like tint. An EVO is going to get more looks for such a thing than a Benz would, and a riced out Civic is going to get more looks than an EVO.

Depends on the cop and their mood, the car in question, how you were driving, etc. There's no failsafe to breaking the law.

ur rite, has more to do with the cop and the car itself but im saying in general, cops give less attention to tint these days. honestly, have you seen mercedes got pulled over because of tint issues? i've been using 5% for the past three years, never got into any beef with the cops cuz of the tint
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, guess I'm lucky haven't been puled over yet for my blue plate covers yet. And yes the silverdale/poulsbo cops are ticket happy.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:24 AM

pulled over twice

frist i didn't have it and the cop told me i was in the "grace period" only had the car for 20 days and i needed to put a plate on it told her ok and she left me alone. and about a year later heading home and a cop that was sitting on the side of the road (bord) pulled me over and said i didn't have a front plate and told hime to look again and he walked up looked again and noticed he was stupid and there was one. then he proceded to tell me it in the wrong area and said i need to move it i told him i couldn't move it and he told me to put in that big gill up front on the bottom. i looked at him funny and told him no. he was telling me to put it on my intercooler. he finaly left after like 20 mins and let me go on my way. i think thay should not be required.