Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Some Advice Needed...Oops

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Some Advice Needed...Oops

So tonight I had a bit more than a slight fender bender with another car. It was a really steep downhill to an intersection and when I tried to brake, it just wasn't enough and the truck just slid real slow into the van in front of me. I had nowhere to really go, aimed for the sidewalk but the truck just slid at an angle I was going maybe all of 5mph when the brakes locked and I slid, slow enough to really be surprised by that it was just enough to **** up the van in front of me.

No one was hurt and we all exchanged each other's information, the van I hit tapped a Audi sedan in front of them, didn't do much other than a couple nicks on the rear bumper. Then everyone left, even the guy i hit said "happy holidays" and rolled out.

Question is what should I do now? Wait and see? The driver that was from BC and his car was a rental car from up there as well. Plus all his info he gave me and the other driver is pretty useless considering he said he can't receive out of country calls or texts. The 2nd driver is from the area, so that info and cooperation was easy, she wasn't even mad, she acknowledged with it being wet it was bound to happen on that hill.

The only damage I had was my front plate had a dent, '89 3/4 ton Suburban is a tank.

Anyone in the Kirkland area probablys know the hill, where 116th ST intersects 98th Ave and Juanita Dr (right by the BP station there) opposite end of Bel-Kirk body shop.

Last edited by RaptorReed; Nov 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
just wait it out and see =)
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:31 PM

Yeah I would say just wait and see. I got in an accident that was my fault when I was 18 and the guy didn't think I had insurance and was saying it was ok. I told him he did and he said he was gonna get a quote on the damage and probably wouldn't file a claim. So I just waited it out. He did file a claim, and my insurance asked why I didn't let them know but didn't do anything beyond that. So I don't think you will get in trouble.

Note: I am not an attorney and am relating anecdotal information for entertainment purposes only. This should not be taken as legal advice and I am in no way liable for any damagesthat result from this information. (i wish there was a way to do small print on this.)
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:37 PM

Yeah id wait it out and just see what happens! And i know right where that is, crazy hill! Glad everyone is ok tho!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:48 PM
Account Disabled

That's what I was thinking, yeah i know better to take any advice with a grain of salt. Everything is case by case, just wanted to hear what everyone else thought. All seriousness aside, The Audi and my truck were tanks, the honda odessey on the other hand was well...I don't think I'll ever buy one if I have a family.

I hate that hill with a passion! I just wanted to get some Spud's Fish n Chips before I headed back up to Whidbey then that happened.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Personally I would probably call the local police to inform them of the accident. That way no one acts like a biatch and calls you on a hit-n-run. Tell the po-po you just wanted it to be on record in case anything is called in.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Being pro-active in these situations is beneficial to everybody involved.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
If no law enforcement officer investigates the collision, each driver involved in the collision must submit a report within 4 days of the collision.
http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/collision.html
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

^werd
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:15 PM

You guys worry too much. I'm of the "don't do anything until you absolutely have to" school. Then again, this has caused me a lot of trouble in my life.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

life lessons - learn from someone else's experience, or face the pain and learn from your own.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Well, just wait it out to see if either party files a claim. If they do, the insurance will investigate and figure it all out. You're at fault anyway, so just wait for the hammer.