Notices

Wife just got rear ended....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife just got rear ended....

OS held up pretty well. Wife is ok just shaken up with a sore neck. Hatch is done, front and rear bumpers damaged(she was knocked into another car) and maybe the hood. So far I've just seen the pictures(which I attempted to attach but the app kept crashing). Bought with 13k on the odometer and haven't even made or first payment yet... I have no clue how much actual damage is done.
Attached Thumbnails Wife just got rear ended....-forumrunner_20131115_175408.jpg   Wife just got rear ended....-forumrunner_20131115_175424.jpg  
Old Nov 15, 2013, 03:01 PM

Well done pictures did upload apparently. Try some others.
Attached Thumbnails Wife just got rear ended....-forumrunner_20131115_180111.jpg  
Old Nov 15, 2013, 03:02 PM

Truck that hit her.
Attached Thumbnails Wife just got rear ended....-forumrunner_20131115_180216.jpg  
Old Nov 15, 2013, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Man...
I am so sorry to hear that!

But, very glad to hear your wife's okay.

> Make sure to take your wife to the hospital to get checked out. She's going to be sore and shaken up for awhile.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have gap insurance?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by deanmeon
Do you have gap insurance?
Yeah we do. I'm wondering if it's going to be needed. Anyone have any experience with repairs or totaling an OS? How much damage does it take?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 05:13 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Glad your wife is alright! Front end damage doesn't look too severe, was there airbag deployment? The OS seem to be holding their value pretty well, but you never know with these newer unibody cars.

Very good decision to get GAP.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear the wife is alright. Hope everything works out for you.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
Glad your wife is alright! Front end damage doesn't look too severe, was there airbag deployment? The OS seem to be holding their value pretty well, but you never know with these newer unibody cars.

Very good decision to get GAP.
No airbag deployment. Our credit union requires GAP since it's financed but I'd have it regardless. Since it had front end and rear damage I'm sure that's going to do wonders for any future selling/trading in negotiations. At this point I almost hope they would total it out(had some negative equity rolled into it at time of trade in)!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by infected
Glad to hear the wife is alright. Hope everything works out for you.
Thanks. Yeah I hate dealing with insurance companies. It's going to be awesome!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WcHorse
Yeah we do. I'm wondering if it's going to be needed. Anyone have any experience with repairs or totaling an OS? How much damage does it take?
Since it's an unibody, you really won't know how much damage there is until you get it up on a lift. I suggest you take a much photos & videos of the underside and "inner" areas of the damages.

So, what was the circumstance(s)- Was that driver speeding? Did the driver in front of your wife suddenly stop?? Hopefully that driver have insurance.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport

Since it's an unibody, you really won't know how much damage there is until you get it up on a lift. I suggest you take a much photos & videos of the underside and "inner" areas of the damages.

So, what was the circumstance(s)- Was that driver speeding? Did the driver in front of your wife suddenly stop?? Hopefully that driver have insurance.
She was car 3. Car 1 slammed onto the brakes, caused domino effect, everyone stopped except car 4 which stated his brakes didn't work or didn't work properly and he hit her pushing her what she estimated to be maybe 6 feet into car 2. Car 2 suffered minimal if any rear damage. He did have insurance, thankfully. I'm a novice when it comes to this but what exactly would I do with these photos? I mean yeah for evidence purposes I get that but aren't I pretty much at the mercy of his adjuster?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:12 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
She was car 3. Car 1 slammed onto the brakes, caused domino effect, everyone stopped except car 4 which stated his brakes didn't work or didn't work properly and he hit her pushing her what she estimated to be maybe 6 feet into car 2. Car 2 suffered minimal if any rear damage. He did have insurance, thankfully. I'm a novice when it comes to this but what exactly would I do with these photos? I mean yeah for evidence purposes I get that but aren't I pretty much at the mercy of his adjuster?
HELL NO! HE hit YOUR vehicle. Take it to a body shop that will do a quality repair and run like hell from any of their "approved" body shops. They only "approve" the ones who save them money, not the ones who fix your car the best.

Also, you can usually involve your own insurance company to act as an "enforcer" on your behalf. I had some trouble after my accident, and State Farm offered to fix the car and sue his insurance. Would have been no no deductible and no increase in premium as I was not at fault.

I suppose this all depends on your local/state laws & regulations though...

Overall, DO NOT LET THEM RAILROAD YOU. Continually repeat the phrases "it's a brand new car", "he hit us", "depreciated value", and maybe throw in "neck pain" for good measure.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

You want that for evidence, Yes.
(Mainly to have them documented so in case their insurance move/tow your vehicle somewhere else where you will no longer have easy access.)

And, if you ever feel powerless when dealing with their adjuster then it's time to lawyer up.
In fact, we had to in a very similar situation, LINK
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002

HELL NO! HE hit YOUR vehicle. Take it to a body shop that will do a quality repair and run like hell from any of their "approved" body shops. They only "approve" the ones who save them money, not the ones who fix your car the best.

Also, you can usually involve your own insurance company to act as an "enforcer" on your behalf. I had some trouble after my accident, and State Farm offered to fix the car and sue his insurance. Would have been no no deductible and no increase in premium as I was not at fault.

I suppose this all depends on your local/state laws & regulations though...

Overall, DO NOT LET THEM RAILROAD YOU. Continually repeat the phrases "it's a brand new car", "he hit us", "depreciated value", and maybe throw in "neck pain" for good measure.
Yeah I already planned on being very thorough with checking for damages and being a pain for the others insurance company. When I said at his mercy I meant unless I lawyer up. I was wondering if I could get my insurance involved as help. Good to know that's a possibility!

Quick Reply: Wife just got rear ended....