Notices

$100++++ for routine maintenance?!!?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down $100++++ for routine maintenance?!!?

Went in for my 6 month service and at first they quoted me in the $200's for oil change & tire rotation which included 'wheel balancing' and all that mumbo jumbo. So I told him I just want a simple oil change and tire rotation, because I've never paid more than $40-$60 at most for a simple rotation and oil change in any of my previous vehicles. Rav4, Juke, Mustang, but this is their pricing. Then he gives me a quote of $70 something for just that, but then realized I needed synthentic OW-20, which will bring the cost to well over $100. After that I just left because I wasn't prepared to spend over $100 today for routine maintenance.

Is this for real?! How much have you guys paid for your maintenance? Is this just a Mitsubishi thing?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an evo expensive maintance is one of the things everyone should expect when you buy one. Unless you do the work yourself
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
Account Disabled

I always try to get my regular maintenance done at dealerships for my warranty, but holy cow, this is expensive!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rjfg
This is an evo expensive maintance is one of the things everyone should expect when you buy one. Unless you do the work yourself
Ummm no.....this is an Outlander Sport. My wife has one but when we bought ours we were given free lifetime rotation and oil changes. Sorry, but $100+ for oil change and rotation is just plain stupid. Take it to a quick oil change bring your own oil or do it yourself, both of those things are super easy to do.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Ummm no.....this is an Outlander Sport. My wife has one but when we bought ours we were given free lifetime rotation and oil changes. Sorry, but $100+ for oil change and rotation is just plain stupid. Take it to a quick oil change bring your own oil or do it yourself, both of those things are super easy to do.
Ooh alright sorry I'm using my home and it's not the desktop version so no details. I figured it was for the Evo but either way 100 for an oil change on any car is ridiculous
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bring my own oil. A jug of mobil one at walmart is about $23 where the dealer tires to charge $10 a quart
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
I'm just worried about them giving me trouble if I ever need to use my warranty. Like if I didn't have a receipt that included a silly routine boot inspection and something related to it went wrong. Either way, I'm never going back there again.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Eng
Went in for my 6 month service and at first they quoted me in the $200's for oil change & tire rotation which included 'wheel balancing' and all that mumbo jumbo. So I told him I just want a simple oil change and tire rotation, because I've never paid more than $40-$60 at most for a simple rotation and oil change in any of my previous vehicles. Rav4, Juke, Mustang, but this is their pricing. Then he gives me a quote of $70 something for just that, but then realized I needed synthentic OW-20, which will bring the cost to well over $100. After that I just left because I wasn't prepared to spend over $100 today for routine maintenance.

Is this for real?! How much have you guys paid for your maintenance? Is this just a Mitsubishi thing?
So, this is your FIRST dealer service?
Wow..
I think your service advisor is gunning for some Super Extra Bonus Spiff for himself with those quotes (for his holiday commissions).

I believe the first oil change is paid for by Mitsu. I don't have the document in front of me to support that, but it was hearsay by my dealership service agent, along with the fact that I did get our's done at no charge.

> I also wanted to have on record (in their system) to have done the "required" routine maintenance/oil-change so as to prevent any nay-saying about our vehicle not being properly serviced, etc etc.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:19 PM
Account Disabled

4 Quarts of Mobile 1 0W-20 $35.96
Oil Filter $3.59

Total: $39.55 from Auto Zone
10% military discount: $35.60 before labor

Would it be safe to only use 4 quarts when the engine capacity is 4.2qts?

Last edited by RA012124; Dec 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
So, this is your FIRST dealer service?
Wow..
I think your service advisor is gunning for some Super Extra Bonus Spiff for himself with those quotes (for his holiday commissions).

I believe the first oil change is paid for by Mitsu. I don't have the document in front of me to support that, but it was hearsay by my dealership service agent, along with the fact that I did get our's done at no charge.

> I also wanted to have on record (in their system) to have done the "required" routine maintenance/oil-change so as to prevent any nay-saying about our vehicle not being properly serviced, etc etc.
Yes first. I was wondering why my maintenance light kept coming on, because I haven't even hit 7,500 miles yet, but then I realized that it has been six months since I purchased the vehicle. Our maintenance manual only requires Tire Rotation & Oil Change with filter. He was trying to sell me the oil change, filter, tire rotation with wheel balancing and that's when I said "WHEEL BALANCING?!" He said yeah, if the weights fall off we have to re-balance the wheels.

Throughout my years of HUNDREDS of oil changes, I have never had a single issue with the wheel weights falling off during a tire rotation. I can spend an extra 20 minutes rotating the wheels my damn self and save $20 or probably $30 that the dealer charges.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Wes,
Look in your "thin version" User-booklet/Warranty-pamphlet.. there is coupon card for the first oil change if I'm not mistaken that's either free or MUCH less than what was quoted you.**

> I think it would be best to have it inputed into their (or another Mitsu dealership's computer system) that you've gotten your scheduled maintenance done by their certified tech. (even though we all know how to DIY this simple process. At least the very first one. Just my 2 cents.)

** I know I've seen it.
I'll flip through it tonight since I don't carry it in the car.

No one should pay that kind of prices for something the manufacturer is already subsidizing!

Last edited by mRVRsport; Dec 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Wesley Eng
4 Quarts of Mobile 1 0W-20 $35.96
Oil Filter $3.59

Total: $39.55 from Auto Zone
10% military discount: $35.60 before labor

Would it be safe to only use 4 quarts when the engine capacity is 4.2qts?
Just called my local quick oil change place and they're charging $52.99 for 4 quarts of 0W-20 with filter which is $13.44 of labor. Not bad at all and they charge $10/qt of Mobile 1 if you buy from them.

I should rotate my own tires, bring my own oil, oil filter then go back to the dealership to see how much they charge for labor. Better not be more than $20. I only want this recorded in their system.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Another reason to have a (BETTER) Mitsu dealer do your 1st scheduled maintenance is that they should/would do a CVI Report (Computerized Vehicle Inspection) for you.
> It's a multi page report they records/shows you everything about your vehicle up to that moment.

I guess I never posted mine, can't seem to find it to repost here.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 01:20 PM
Account Disabled

I found the first oil change coupon online
Attached Thumbnails 0++++ for routine maintenance?!!?-coup.jpg  
Old Dec 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

^
That would be it.
Good that you didn't rush over to JiffyLuber... Saved yourself $53.

(Now, it would be kind of funny if your original dealership now gives you the "great! Complimentry oil change is free, but there's a lift fee of $70..." yipyap.)

Quick Reply: $100++++ for routine maintenance?!!?