Notices

Think there is any truth to this?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think there is any truth to this?

"Outlander Sport: Mitsubishi put a new continuously variable transmission in its compact crossover for its 2015 model year re-engineering, and a new 2.4-liter engine will be added in February as a midyear addition to the lineup."

found this in an article on autonews.com, its dated over a year ago, was just wondering if anyone had "solid" information about the addition of the 2.4-liter.

Here is the link to the full article. http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...a-unified-look
Old Sep 27, 2014, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure, but I'm dropping my os off at the dealer to get touch up paint work done on Monday, so I can see if they know anything about it (: I think we'd all love a 2.4 lol
Old Sep 29, 2014, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

its a shame they do not just use the ralliart turbo set up they know we are waiting on it!!! Even the COLT has a turbo now, come on MITSUBISHI!!!!!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
... just use the ralliart turbo set up they know we are waiting on it!!!
No kidding!
Even if Mitsu have to detune the motor AND lower warranty duration, Just do it and give us the 2.0L Turbo now!!

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
its a shame ... Even the COLT has a turbo now, come on MITSUBISHI!!!!!
Amen.

ESPECIALLY, when you considered/Remember those Eagle Talons TSi from the 1990s that had TURBO AND AWD...

Why not just give us those Old setups?
I had to look up the specs from back then >

TSi AWD - DOHC 2.0 L Mitsubishi 4G63 turbo I4, 210 hp (157 kW) at 6000 rpm and 205 lb·ft (278 N·m) at 3000 rpm

Last edited by mRVRsport; Sep 29, 2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Asked my dealer about it when I picked up my OS today, the salesman I spoke to mentioned he heard about it but nothing had popped up in their training yet and they haven't heard an official time frame on it yet. He said he wouldn't doubt it won't make it into the 15s but might make it into the 16s.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:23 PM

Outlander Sport GT

Announced to us by Mitsubishi at the end of Sept. that the Outlander Sport GT will be available sometime after Christmas. It will have the blacked out middle part of the grille, turn signals in the mirrors, the anticipated 2.4L upgrade, different wheels also.

there are a few things i may be missing, but i know its going to be AWESOME!!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

just what the RVR needs a 2.4L. hopefully we get the same thing up here in Canada.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ENGL4ND
Announced to us by Mitsubishi at the end of Sept. that the Outlander Sport GT will be available sometime after Christmas. It will have the blacked out middle part of the grille, turn signals in the mirrors, the anticipated 2.4L upgrade, different wheels also.

there are a few things i may be missing, but i know its going to be AWESOME!!

Hopefully, mitsu will give us an upgraded CVT to match!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Hopefully, mitsu will give us an upgraded CVT to match!

They already did sir, well, not exactly a new one. The 2015 Model has the CVT and has been re programmed for better torque, and shift response. From what our regional rep told us it was done with the 2.4L in mind...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

They already did sir, well, not exactly a new one. The 2015 Model has the CVT and has been re programmed for better torque, and shift response. From what our regional rep told us it was done with the 2.4L in mind...
Pardon me.. I should have been more specific >
I hope Mitsu gives us a Stronger CVT that can handle Modders (ie: Road Race, Texas Travisty, etc.) who wants to Boost their engines to Over 200+HP and NOT have the CVT melt!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 08:04 AM

I hope Mitsu gives us a Stronger CVT that can handle Modders (ie: Road Race, Texas Travisty, etc.) who wants to Boost their engines to Over 200+HP and NOT have the CVT melt!
Didn't mean to offend, if I did offend my sincere apologies.

I also wish Mitsu would give us an option for a stronger CVT, would love to see an option of; 'ECO' CVT or a, as you put it, stronger CVT. Most people we deal with here want the MPG's out of the OS. Some would like a complete different set up all together i.e. ME! As im not a big fan of Evo's, I would personally love to see another outlet for performance.... ( Await the barrage of EVO comments... lol)

I will say Mitsu have done a great job on the 2015 CVT set up, you can definitely tell a difference from 2014. A lot more low end torque and much peppier all while getting 1MPG better in City/Hwyq
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Didn't mean to offend, if I did offend my sincere apologies.

I also wish Mitsu would give us an option for a stronger CVT, would love to see an option of; 'ECO' CVT or a, as you put it, stronger CVT. Most people we deal with here want the MPG's out of the OS. Some would like a complete different set up all together i.e. ME! As im not a big fan of Evo's, I would personally love to see another outlet for performance.... ( Await the barrage of EVO comments... lol)

I will say Mitsu have done a great job on the 2015 CVT set up, you can definitely tell a difference from 2014. A lot more low end torque and much peppier all while getting 1MPG better in City/Hwyq
Offend?
Please.. Most of us have rhino skins, it'll take a Lot more to offend us. No need to apologize for anything.

Now, if you know if there's a way to re-Flash our 2013 ECU's to have the "newer" 2015 CVT map, then we'll all be chanting your name.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 06:43 PM

Then get a manual...