Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mistaken
I am getting the Lighthouse plate tho.
Jive Turkey? Thats going too far my man. Nobody calls me a "JT" or insults my lighthouse plates!!!!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BellyD
Not sure what the red is, but search for anyone selling their stock suspension and you'll see the yellow and black... like here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...k-springs.html

Post a pic of your setup.
K I'll post a pic up tonight, me and my roomate both think its been lowered.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
if it's the same one you posted earlier it's definitely lower than stock. stock springs on a MR are black so if there are red springs on it, they are likely swift sports
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

This has to be the most amazing garage flooring creation since sliced bread! I would love to get this in my garage!

http://www.swisstrax.com/led-lighted-flooring.php
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

^ Thats pretty sweet.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:29 PM

I know its lowered without a doubt, even though the previous owner doesn't think so. As promised here are some pics, I'm getting some squeaking in the front now too sounds like rubber on rubber and seeing this is the only change other than tint to the car I'm suspicious of the lowering job. Can you really mess it up so things squeak?
Attached Images    
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Tanabe, Eibach, and Swift Sports are all red springs if I recall correctly. How's the ride? Are your shocks blown?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 99vipereater
I know its lowered without a doubt, even though the previous owner doesn't think so. As promised here are some pics, I'm getting some squeaking in the front now too sounds like rubber on rubber and seeing this is the only change other than tint to the car I'm suspicious of the lowering job. Can you really mess it up so things squeak?
When does it squeak? Bumps or turning?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
Tanabe, Eibach, and Swift Sports are all red springs if I recall correctly. How's the ride? Are your shocks blown?
It rides great for being lowered. The rears look to be fine I need to get a lowpro jack to check the fronts..

Originally Posted by Evo8Monster
When does it squeak? Bumps or turning?
both. It looks like its dropped a ton in the front and not that much in the back. Your wife's MR dropped at all? I'm thinkIng about going to TNT Friday you ever go?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

^ No, she's stock right now. We just got some Swift Spec R for her IX, but we have to look into rebuilding her Bilsteins (over 100k miles them) before putting them on.

Not sure what TNT is.

You should look at your strut hats to make sure there is grease in there. It's an easy thing to check to rule out if that's causing the noise. You can pull the middle black piece up and see if the person that installed the springs put more grease in after they were done.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:41 AM

TNT= test n tune @ pacific raceways. I'll check the grease thing out after work that would make me happy if that's all it was.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:28 AM

Ok Mitsu Owner's I have somewhat of an idea for the meets. Attached is the location of Alderwood mall where I think the meets should take place (Bi-weekly).
Alderwood Mall Located in Lynnwood, WA.

I picked some spots and just wanted some opinions or comments. Let me know what you guys think.

#1 Parking garage with about 5 floors and the top floor (uncovered) there is lots of room and no one parks there. Same with one floor down but it is covered if raining. But it is next to the Movie theaters where it gets crowded getting to the parking structure.

#2 Parking garage with about 3 floors that is right next to JC penny (I think) but this garage connects directly to the mall. This structure is alittle more crowded then #1 but still a good place to meet.

#3 If all else fails (parking, booted out of garage by mall security, etc) There are some parking in between Buffalo Wild wings (Next to Red Robin) and Fatburger, by the Ross Store. Just in case you guys are hungry.

I don't know how the mall security are, if they are strict or what not. Let me know if this is a good idea. Or if we should choose a different location. The mall is close to the freeway so no should get lost finding it and its not raining as much so it should be a good time to start some DSM/EVO meets.
I will post on other DSM and EVO forums to gain some interest and as always no Please, DO NOT SPEED, REV, BURNOUTS OR DO ANYTHING STUPID IN ANY LOCATION if this does go down having meets.

I also decided on some dates either to start on June 23rd or July 7th and these will be bi-weekly. We can always change the venue, date, time if needed.
Just want to know your opinions and to see if you dsmer's are down to have meets.
Attached Thumbnails ***Official WA Chat Thread***-map-alderwood.jpg  
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

^ We are definitely down to go! I think #1 is the best cause it's by all the food.

Might want to make a thread about this, cause it'll get lost in the WA chat thread.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM

Haha the one time I have been to the top of #1 there was mall security and five cop cars. But I don't think its like that all the time. Definatly down for the mall meet like you said we can always move it around.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mattp_65
Ok Mitsu Owner's I have somewhat of an idea for the meets. Attached is the location of Alderwood mall where I think the meets should take place (Bi-weekly).
Alderwood Mall Located in Lynnwood, WA.

I picked some spots and just wanted some opinions or comments. Let me know what you guys think.

#1 Parking garage with about 5 floors and the top floor (uncovered) there is lots of room and no one parks there. Same with one floor down but it is covered if raining. But it is next to the Movie theaters where it gets crowded getting to the parking structure.

#2 Parking garage with about 3 floors that is right next to JC penny (I think) but this garage connects directly to the mall. This structure is alittle more crowded then #1 but still a good place to meet.

#3 If all else fails (parking, booted out of garage by mall security, etc) There are some parking in between Buffalo Wild wings (Next to Red Robin) and Fatburger, by the Ross Store. Just in case you guys are hungry.

I don't know how the mall security are, if they are strict or what not. Let me know if this is a good idea. Or if we should choose a different location. The mall is close to the freeway so no should get lost finding it and its not raining as much so it should be a good time to start some DSM/EVO meets.
I will post on other DSM and EVO forums to gain some interest and as always no Please, DO NOT SPEED, REV, BURNOUTS OR DO ANYTHING STUPID IN ANY LOCATION if this does go down having meets.

I also decided on some dates either to start on June 23rd or July 7th and these will be bi-weekly. We can always change the venue, date, time if needed.
Just want to know your opinions and to see if you dsmer's are down to have meets.
Alderwood Security will not be cool with that. They have cameras all over and those mall cops get all excited when they can boot people. I worked at the Valet there for years and talked a lot with those guys and have heard many stories about them booting people and acting all hard. Its private property and they can be dicks about it.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***