Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2006 Evolution 9 MR GG (VA/MD/DC) - 52k Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Evolution 9 MR GG (VA/MD/DC) - 52k Miles

Edit - SOLD!

Quick stats-
2006 Lancer Evolution 9 MR
6 Spd
52k miles (tuned by CBRD since 25k or so)
Exterior 8 out of 10 (small scuff on rear bumper from some a-hole street parker, and a few small scratches, paint is overall very shiny and glossy)
Interior 9 out of 10 (some very basic wear in the obvious places, armrest, felt on door panel, seats are just about perfect)
Winter wheels/tires (with plenty of tread) included with sale
VIN JA3AH86C36U048735
Price: $SOLD!

I'll consider this merely a *pause* in my Evo experience as I'm not ready to give this thing up. However, reality says I won't be able to enjoy the car as it should over the next few years, so I'll let it move on to the next lucky owner.

This Evo 9 MR received the BBK Full treatment at CBRD about 3 years ago from the previous owner. It went from stock to 374 WHP with the BBK, CBRD intercooler, lower intercooler pipe, GReddy Ti-C, and 750cc injectors. When I was looking for Evos at the time I didn't want a modified one because of all the variables of buying someone else's modified car. Too many potential 'spliced' wires to worry about. Obviously this one convinced me otherwise. The previous owner was meticulous and dedicated to paying for the right parts and the right people to work on his car, and after a very clean PPI I felt confident I was getting a great ride. The body, suspension and wheels are stock. As you'll see in the pics the car appears quite stock, which suits me just fine.

To cut down on exhaust noise I had CBRD install a Buscher Racing 3 in. high flow cat and do a proper retune/dyno in June 2011. The car made 349 whp on the new tune with cat (on a humid June day...). This is how the Evo sits now.

Maint-
Oil changed every 5k miles, trans/dif fluids every 10k. New rotors and pads (Centric rotors, Hawk HPS pads) in June this year, new 245/45ZR-17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec's installed around the same time.

On to the pics-

Last edited by tigergt; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:20 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
clean pics. engine pics?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:44 PM

Thanks, will take an engine pic tomorrow. Looks pretty standard except for the Perrin intake.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:43 AM

I am literally debating buying a ticket to east coast and driving this sucker all the way back... anybody want to co-pilot with me??

Bump for a well done mild car.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by EvoBaja
I am literally debating buying a ticket to east coast and driving this sucker all the way back... anybody want to co-pilot with me??

Bump for a well done mild car.
I fully condone this statement! Have taken hwys 40 and 70 in the past and enjoyed them both. One in a e36 328 and the other in a e36 M3, both great cruisers.

If you're at all serious, send me a PM so we can chat. Really want to see this go to the right owner. I have family in CA so I'd even consider helping with the driving.

PM's replied!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like a nice example.
Reasonably priced too.
Any accidents on record? All vin tags match?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by slimjim1804
Looks like a nice example.
Reasonably priced too.
Any accidents on record? All vin tags match?
Muchas Thanks. The front passenger fender doesn't have a VIN tag. One accident on CARFAX before I bought it listed front passenger damage, so I assume that accounts for the new fender. Also I had one while I owned it. Was low speed (less than 10 mph), replaced front bumper and got a new CBRD intercooler out of it (to replace the CBRD unit that was there before). Fully repaired by Ins. Work was done by the only shop in town certified by Audi to do aluminum body work on R8's... was VERY happy with their work (after the $500 deductible...)

I've made some silly car purchases in my younger years (the e36 M3 I mentioned was NOT the most pristine example...), but this was the first one that I really stuck to my guns on and didn't let myself budge on quality.

I'd love to offer it at 24k, and sell it for 23.5 in four months, but my timeline calls for a quicker sale, hence the lower asking price. Feel free to make offers, I'll consider offers over 21k, though I may not take them. If my timeline ends and I can't get what I know the car is worth, I'll certainly hold on to it.

Not looking for trades at this point since I'm looking to use the cash from the purchase.

Happy Wednesday!

Last edited by tigergt; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like a very clean car! Looks like the passenger side corner was replaced or re -painted too b.c of the missing VIN tag on it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rcgoff2
Looks like a very clean car! Looks like the passenger side corner was replaced or re -painted too b.c of the missing VIN tag on it.
Thanks! The first accident says front/passenger on the CARFAX so that must be it. I just went to take another look at the fender and there's no tag at all in that area, so would assume it's a completely new fender as opposed to just paint.

Last edited by tigergt; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:39 AM

Bump for better/cleaner pics!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
pm sent...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:05 PM

Bump for price drop. Now asking 22k!