Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Lancer Sportback Forum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Lancer Sportback Forum

Hi Fellow Lancer Owners

I would like to create a special Sportback Forum, hopefully people can post messages and help out other fellow Sportback Newbies, since hey arn't all Sportback owners (more or less) newbies. So far this has been a good car for me, as far as the small wagon catagorie goes it was my first choice. I would have taken a Subaru Forester but with a difference in price of about $15,000 CDN thats a hard pill to swallow. Anyway I'll post some pics of my car soon and hope to generate some interest. Thanks,
The following users liked this post:
caralacat (Nov 23, 2022)
Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty positive that we're alright with what we have going on in the Lancer Ralliart Forums. Also, considering that we only have VERY FEW Lancer Sportback owners on this site. It tends to be more useless to create a new forum that way.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 03:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is that a complaint?

So are you complaining because you don't want fellow Lancer Sportback Owners talking about how to school you and your 120 HP 2002 Lancer or what??? I think its pretty petty to say that fellow sportback owners don't want to talk about thier rides. Just because thier not the 18-25 crowd car doesn't mean people do not want more info about their cars. I am hoping I can actually get a HEADLINE forum about the Sportback. So administration take notice! PLEASE! Serouisly there is a lack of shared knowledge about the Sportback and hopefully we can gain the combined knowledge to benifit everyone. We are all Mitsu fans arn't we?

Last edited by thevalleyboy; Oct 3, 2004 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo's
The following users liked this post:
Joekoz40 (Mar 8, 2021)
Old Oct 3, 2004, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thevalleyboy
So are you complaining because you don't want fellow Lancer Sportback Owners talking about how to school you and your 120 HP 2002 Lancer or what??? I think its pretty petty to say that fellow sportback owners don't want to talk about thier rides. Just because thier not the 18-25 crowd car doesn't mean people do not want more info about their cars. I am hoping I can actually get a HEADLINE forum about the Sportback. So administration take notice! PLEASE! Serouisly there is a lack of shared knowledge about the Sportback and hopefully we can gain the combined knowledge to benifit everyone. We are all Mitsu fans arn't we?

Calm down there sport.

Read what he said. There are very few Sportback owners on the site. Therefore, it would be rather senseless for us to take more bandwidth to create a seperate Sportback forum. Feel free to continue to discuss sportbacks in the Ralliart forums, but until the Sportback becomes more popular, I wouldn't hold my breath about getting your own "headline" forum. If anything, it could possiblely become a subforum. But, again, not until its popularity grows.

And, may I suggest that you relax a touch. You seem more than a little high strung. LancerEvoMR was simply trying to explain to you that on our end, it seems rather silly, given the limited ownership there is. Im sure hes not concerned about you "schooling" him with your Sportback
Old Oct 4, 2004, 03:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Am I wrong or aren't the sportbacks mechanically identical to the other '04 Lancers?

I could certainly see a point if it were otherwise, but the only differences I can think of are cosmetic. Last I checked the sportbacks were AT Lancers with wagon rears instead of sedan rears. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HobieKopek
Am I wrong or aren't the sportbacks mechanically identical to the other '04 Lancers?

I could certainly see a point if it were otherwise, but the only differences I can think of are cosmetic. Last I checked the sportbacks were AT Lancers with wagon rears instead of sedan rears. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
off mitsubishi's site:
Inspired by Lancer Evolution’s championship-winning rally heritage, Sportback Ralliart’s factory-tuned 162 hp, 2.4-liter 4-cylinder MIVEC engine has performance down to a science. Factor in a sport-tuned suspension, 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes (ABS), and 16-inch aluminum alloy wheels for superb handling and you really have something to brag about. The two-toned sport fabric and full aero ground effects package with rear spoiler add an extra dimension to Sportback Ralliart’s bold, stylish exterior. So wherever you’re going, unleash the excitement and versatility of Lancer Sportback. The brand new 2004 Lancer Sportback: Fun to drive, room for life.

he believes his 30 horses and 300 more lbs are going to school the regular lancers.
that .1 sec faster in the qt are going to own j00 all.

Last edited by RobertK; Oct 4, 2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 07:10 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by HobieKopek

Basically it's a Ralliart wagon - 162 HP 2.4L motor, etc.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
the ls sportback has 160 hp/161tq
Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Exactly. Auto tranny Ralliart with a big ***. As much as I'd like to see more people tuning them, I can't see any real reason to add another forum.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 06:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

According to Car and Driver the Lancer Sportback is dead for 2005.

Here is a link:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=8601
Old Oct 19, 2004, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yes. It's still just a Ralliart, it belongs in the Ralliart forum. No need for its own.