Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

I think the minimum 15 posts rule for posting FS items should be modified.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The 15 post rule is too low.

Regardless, I don't know who would be stupid enough to buy from someone who just joined and has a small amount of posts.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Most sites that I have been on have a minimum of 50 posts. One site I was on, you had to be a member for 3 months before posting in the FS section. This way, you build a reputation, become better known to the community and shows that you are interested in joining not to post things for sale, but to participate. Personally, I hope the site goes back to 50 minimum posts.
This is the way it should be. I think this site is too lenient when it comes to anyone posting fs. It should be held for true Evom followers.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that 15 posts is too low for starting a new thread in FS, but I've been looking at buying parts from people as a new member and not being able to post directly to their thread is somewhat bothersome.

Sending a PM is easy, but posting on the thread lets others know about your interest in the parts for common courtesy of not hi-jacking them from under you.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

50 post rule is what I would vote for
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

I really don't have a say about the post count but I was on hondatech and scammed and now I don't really trust who I buy off a lot of liers in this world. Hopefully when I see something I want to buy its not like I had once before u can have 15 posts or 2500 if u want to be a scum bag loser and want to rip somebody off u can.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by richdegrave
I really don't have a say about the post count but I was on hondatech and scammed and now I don't really trust who I buy off a lot of liers in this world. Hopefully when I see something I want to buy its not like I had once before u can have 15 posts or 2500 if u want to be a scum bag loser and want to rip somebody off u can.
The thing is that someone who has taken the time to add or glean info, generally you can get an idea of how they are. Can there still be scammers, sure, but I feel that it is more likely that you will be able to read into the person a little more.

I don't buy from individuals if they are new, don't present themselves well, posts are obvious fluff to be able to sell, etc.

I do buy from individuals who have spent some time on the forums and have established themselves. You can see others they know, maybe where they are actually from through the regional forums.

I would figure a scammer is not going to spend time doing those things. They would want to be anonymous as possible. Making an account and putting the time to ask/answer question is annoying to them most likely not worth it.

That said anyone can become hard up and pull a scam. We have all seen it with various members, yet it is much less common that a established person would want their name dragged through the mud on both the forum and their local community. Were as if an individual made a new screen name, they could give two ****s if that "name" is know to be a scammer.

That's my take anyway.

I am with Anarchy99 and will say it again... If there was a vote, I would vote it back to the 50 post and three months before you can access the marketplace at all.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mt057
The thing is that someone who has taken the time to add or glean info, generally you can get an idea of how they are. Can there still be scammers, sure, but I feel that it is more likely that you will be able to read into the person a little more.

I don't buy from individuals if they are new, don't present themselves well, posts are obvious fluff to be able to sell, etc.

I do buy from individuals who have spent some time on the forums and have established themselves. You can see others they know, maybe where they are actually from through the regional forums.

I would figure a scammer is not going to spend time doing those things. They would want to be anonymous as possible. Making an account and putting the time to ask/answer question is annoying to them most likely not worth it.

That said anyone can become hard up and pull a scam. We have all seen it with various members, yet it is much less common that a established person would want their name dragged through the mud on both the forum and their local community. Were as if an individual made a new screen name, they could give two ****s if that "name" is know to be a scammer.

That's my take anyway.

I am with Anarchy99 and will say it again... If there was a vote, I would vote it back to the 50 post and three months before you can access the marketplace at all.
This. I know vBullitin forums have the ability to block IP addresses. That can hinder repeat scammers as well. But like everyone is saying I wouldn't mind a 50 post count.

Also, a good thing to do is get the buyers name and email and google it. You'd be surprised how many hits you'll get and what information is out on the internet.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:16 AM

When joining I didn't mind not being able to start a new thread until 15 posts, I agree, the ability to post a NEW THREAD should probably have a higher limit. But also, I would have liked to have been able to post a reply in a marketplace thread. But I completely understand protecting the board and its members.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:45 AM

Personally, I do not own an evo but would still like to post in the WTB thread. Maybe it could be 15 posts for WTB and 50 for FS?

I honestly don't have much to contribute to the evo community because our platforms are soo much different (Galant is more of a 3g eclipse).

I know I fall into the MINORITY group lol! But a lot of evo parts fit our cars and 50 posts is hard to do when a lot of the off topic stuff doesn't count.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

You can still pm people and see the threads, no?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Minot Syndicate
You can still pm people and see the threads, no?
Yea, I've been pm'ing members about the things they have for sale. But I have to wait for someone to put up the item I'm actually looking for. Posting a WTB will draw attention to members thinking their stock items may not sell.

For example: I'm looking for some evo valve retainers but I only need 8 more. So someone with an incomplete set would be a perfect option for me to buy from.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

You can always add it to your signature and post in the thread with the said retainers. I'm sure a lot of people look what other members are selling their items for so they can get a rough estimate. Anyways, you only need three more posts... No worries
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Minot Syndicate
You can always add it to your signature and post in the thread with the said retainers. I'm sure a lot of people look what other members are selling their items for so they can get a rough estimate. Anyways, you only need three more posts... No worries
LOL! Good tip. My 2 cents is just saying: I would instead need 38 more posts. NBD though
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Ha I understood your point... but by the time a new rule is put into effect (if at all), you should have three more posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I would like a higher post count and a minimum membership time. However lately it hasn't stopped new members from just posting in the general forums saying they WTB something and clogging up our topic sections. Its happened I'd say maybe at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: I think the minimum 15 posts rule for posting FS items should be modified.