Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Shiv is COMING to Houston!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2003, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shiv is COMING to Houston!

###UDATED: Tuning Day Attendees Please Read###

Everything is locked in and I'm looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday. You need to be at Turbochargers.com on Saturday, October 11th at 9:00am. Your car will be tuned in the order on the Signup Sheet below. I anticipate it will be about 1hr per person but expect some variance. We will complete all the cars on Saturday so be patient and bring your own food and drinks. Turbocharger.com will NOT loan out tools so bring anything you think you will need if you are planning to do something that day. If you have ordered an XEDE, Shiv will be bringing them with him so he will do your install right before you tuning session.

For EVO owners please remove your "restrictor pill" as per the instructions.

Please PM if you have any questions.

***Ok, Turbocharges.com is willing to do the Stage 1 kit on the EVO for a flat rate but we need signups for that so PM me if you are interested.***

***Turbocharges.com is offering someone on this dyno day a special offer. They will install their new turbo upgrade on your EVO and allow you to dyno with it. If you are not 100% happy with the results they will remove it. So PM me if you want to take the 'Pepsi Challange.'***

Shiv Pathak owner of Vishnu Tuning will be coming to Houston this October 11th for a tuning session at Turbochargers.com. Turbochargers.com has an inground AWD DynoJet and will have bays available for onsite installations.

This tuning session is open for all EVO and WRX owners.

I will need at least 10 new XEDE customers to pull this off. Discounts will be given for a XEDE + Dyno Tuning sessions.

UPDATED Pricing List: (These prices now line up with those on the Vishnu Tuning website.)

Stage Sub Zero EVO = $1050.00 (XEDE + Dyno Tuning Session+ plug and play Harness+ Free Tuning Software)

Stage Sub Zero WRX = $1050.00 (XEDE + Dyno Tuning Session+ Free Tuning Software)

Stage 0 EVO = $1875.00 (XEDE + Signature Cat-Back Exhaust + Dyno Tuning)

Stage 0 WRX = $1295.00 (Vishnu-remapped ECU + Main Power Pulley + 321 Up-Pipe kit + Dyno Tuning)

Stage 1 EVO = $2400.00 (XEDE + Standard Turbo-Back Exhaust + Cam Gears+ Free Tuning Software+ Dyno Tuning)

Stage 1 WRX = $2445.00 (Vishnu-remapped ECU + Main Power Pulley + 321 Up-Pipe kit + High-Performance Turbo-back Exhaust + Dyno Tuning)

Stage 1 Signature EVO = $2650.00 (XEDE + Signature Turbo-Back Exhaust +Cam Gears+ Free Tuning Software+ Dyno Tuning)

WRX Ecutek $850.00 (Ecutek reflash + Dyno Tuning Session)

XEDE/Ecutek Tune $200.00 (Dyno Tuning Session)

If you are interested in their exhaust products a la carte or Staged 2+ kits please contact Vishnu Tuning directly and let them know you are attending the tuning session in Houston.

UPDATED: Please PM me and let me know you are interested in coming. This will be on a first come first serve basis. A $300 deposit will be required with Vishnu Tuning to hold you reservation. I need to get 10 confirmed new XEDE customers by September 15th. We really need the unconfirmed signups to call Brett and put down their deposits and we still need 1 more new XEDE customers.

UPDATED: I spoke with Brett at Vishnu Tuning and installing your exhaust and cam gears without tuning is NOT a problem. In fact, Brett said it will net about 20 whp before the XEDE is installed. He said the install of the cam gears is straight forward but you must know what you are doing. I would only recommend this for those who are really confident about there mechanical skills, otherwise have Turbochargers.com do it before the tuning day.

UPDATED: I also want to let you know Tommy at Turbochargers.com can do your Stage 0 or Stage 1 installs before the tuning day. Please call him to arrange an install time. You can also have Vishnu Tuning ship the parts directly to Turbocharges.com to save you the trouble of having to bring the parts with you to the shop.

Signup Sheet:

Name -- Product -- Deposit -- Install

1.) Evo Rosso -- EVO Stage 1 + Tuning -- YES -- NO -- EVO
2.) whiterexman -- XEDE + Tuning -- YES -- NO -- EVO
3.) sanantone -- EVO Stage 1 + Tuning -- YES -- YES -- EVO
4.) SouthTxEvo -- EVO Stage 1 + Tuning -- YES -- YES --EVO
5.) MP5 -- XEDE + Tuning -- NO -- NO -- EVO
6.) Beldrueger -- XEDE + Tuning -- YES -- NO -- STI
7.) Teufelhund -- XEDE + Tuning -- YES -- NO -- WRX
8.) quickscooby -- Ecutek + Tuning -- NO -- NO -- WRX
9.) Resonance -- XEDE + Tuning -- NO -- NO -- EVO

10.) OPEN

Turbochargers.com Install Signup:
Name -- Product -- Date
SouthTxEvo -- Stage 1 -- Fri, Oct 10th
sanantone -- Stage 1 -- ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my other dyno day here and here.

FYI, I am not an agent for, or employed by Vishnu Tuning and/or Turbocharges.com. I just want to facilitate a tuning session in Texas so I can get my EVO tuned. I will not be able to answer questions about Vishnu Tuning products and/or capabilities. I have asked Shiv to drop in and answer you questions directly. If you have dyno specific question I will forward them to Turbochargers.com.

EVO related links about Vishnu Tuning:

Vishnu Tuning EVO in Sport Compact Car.

Vishnu Tuning EVO in Car and Driver.

Here is the thread on NASIOC

Last edited by EVO Rosso; Oct 7, 2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

How does this device compare to the AEM EMS? Does it have most of the same functionality, or is it lacking? Can it control extra items like potentially water injection or N20 etc?
How and where can I check this out before making a decision?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 08:39 PM
aov

Not sure how it compares to the AEM, but here is more info on it: http://www.vishnutuning.com/xede_evo.htm

-anders
Old Jul 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Evo Rosso, if you can find out price on Stage 1 plus tuning then I am interested.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TearItUpSports
How does this device compare to the AEM EMS? Does it have most of the same functionality, or is it lacking? Can it control extra items like potentially water injection or N20 etc?
How and where can I check this out before making a decision?
Originally posted by joeycoates
Hey Evo Rosso, if you can find out price on Stage 1 plus tuning then I am interested.
I will let Shiv handle these questions or call Brett at Vishnu Tuning (925-924-9800) and let him know you want to attend the tuning session in Houston. Brett will get you hooked up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Joey, It's good to hear from you. Have you picked up your EVO yet? One thing I'm working on is having a bay available for onsite installs, but that is not confirmed yet. I really hope to see you there!

Last edited by EVO Rosso; Jul 25, 2003 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello Rosso,

Im interested in coming if Shiv will bring the Vishnu Turbo-Back Exhaust..........$1150* and install it. Dyno before being install and Dyno after. I really don't need the XEDE as I got Works flash Ecu already.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 08:20 AM

Last edited by sanantone; Jun 12, 2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

BUMP
Old Jul 31, 2003, 08:29 PM

Last edited by sanantone; Jun 12, 2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Hey EVO Rosso,

I would be interested in getting the XEDE + Dyno tuning. I would also like to get the cam gears if possible. How close of a reality is this now, haven't heard from you or Vishnu about this for some time now???
Old Aug 1, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

sanantone & QAT-R,

You guys need to contact Brett at Vishnu Tuning and let him know you are interested in attending the tuning day in Houston. Please call him at (925) 924-9800 or email him at sales@vishnutuning.com.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Hi guys,

Looking forward to coming to TX. FWIW, I used to live in Houston about 20 years ago I've also been to Houston for a couple of Miata dyno days. If anyone has any questions regarding the tuning event, give us a call!

cheers,
shiv
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Houston is a long drive from Oklahoma but I might be interested. You list "Stage 1"...but from my understanding Vishnu only has completed up to Stage 0.

Personally I was waiting for a full package Stage 1 from Vishnu. Could I get some clarification on this and what Stage 1 has over Stage 0?

Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevermind...I havent checked Vish's website in a week or two. Great to see Stage 1 done...now the hard part of making a decision :P
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Will turbochargers.com be dyno testing their improved stock turbo with compressor wheel? It would be nice to see some dyno results with this turbo.