Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Anyone from El Paso?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...-awd-meet.html just incase you fellas didnt know.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EPAWD
Well hopefully we see both of you out at the meets. However, I think most of us will be deploying in January or December lol but we arent 100% sure yet. Anyways, join the forum. Epawd.forumotion.com and that way when you get your evo or when you get back from deployment you can check whats going on around here.
I'll try to stop by one of these days. At the moment Saturday afternoon aren't the best for me but I'll try to swing by at least for a little bit. I'm actually picking up my EVO tomorrow! I can't wait!

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
Texas is way to big and we are way to far away from you guys.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone interested in trading smoked tails and corner markers for stock?
Old May 7, 2012, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

I passed a tarmac black Evo IV on pebble hills today, was it anyone on here?

An update on my EVO. I was able to achieve a more stock look by replacing the taillights and corner markers, by making some grill inserts for my Evo IV front bumper, and by relocating my turbo timer out of sight. I passed my state inspection (Thanks VORTICO for letting me borrow your taillights, lol). I have ordered EvoScan and cable along with a LC-1 wideband to start tuning my poor baby (FYI we did a pull with Vortico's cable and on virtual dyno it only showed 207 hp). I've fixed a couple of boost leaks (injector seals and boost gauge tap), and I raced it two day in a row at AutoX. It's been a busy week. All of that and I still haven't been able to find a set of Evo 8 front seats!

Anyway, here is a video from one of my laps at AutoX on the second day. It wasn't easy with my Nankung (yeah, I had never heard of them either) tires and broken driver's seat bracket (oh and we fixed that too!) because if I pushed it, especially through the sweepers, it would just push and understeer like crazy. I lowered my corner entry speed a lot on the second day and that helped a lot. I should have new tires by my next event, I'm going to go with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's in 245/40ZR17.

http://youtu.be/w6bZCSxpx3w

Anyone from El Paso?-578087_10150908364215586_508080585_12256086_693234418_n.jpg

Mine and Vortico's Evo's at the AutoX. Sure would be nice to see a few more! You can find out more info here: http://www.panamscca.com/
Old May 9, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Where is everyone? I feel like I'm talking to myself! Post up some pics of your rides!

I repainted my stock Enkei wheels black with red Mitsu symbols on the center caps and white Enkei decals. What do you guys think?

Old May 9, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did they always have the white enkei logos on them? If so at least thats something right the previous owner did when he painted everything lol =)
Old May 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vortico
Did they always have the white enkei logos on them? If so at least thats something right the previous owner did when he painted everything lol =)
Oh, no. I added those. One rim had the original sticker under the paint and the other three had it removed. I'm still looking for something he did right, lol!
Old May 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9!'clipseDOHC
Oh, no. I added those. One rim had the original sticker under the paint and the other three had it removed. I'm still looking for something he did right, lol!
Sigh, figures. Honestly I'm somewhat amazed with how he had the car it didn't have lighting under the body lol. Yeah I skipped over the 'painted the wheels' brain just saw 'painted the mitsu logo' hah.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:07 PM

Question!

Do you guys know any good auto body paint shop here in El Paso? I need to get my Evo painted. Please let me know!!!!!
Old May 15, 2012, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DreamerAndy
Do you guys know any good auto body paint shop here in El Paso? I need to get my Evo painted. Please let me know!!!!!
i got backed into on base a few years ago and ran into the same issue... honestly i never found a shop with an actual paint booth. don't go near dyer. i took my to viva collision cause at least there i had the backing of a dealership to warranty the work. instead of pedro telling me to **** off when he let the sand stick to it. combed the car for literally 45 minutes picking out every imperfection 3 times before i accepted it. took 4.5 months to replace the front fender and paint match it with the door and bumper. even made them give me a rental for all the grief.
Old May 16, 2012, 04:51 AM

I know a good shop, try svs on Montana great shop a.nd are good with attention to detail. Only draw back is there appointment based so call them and make a appointment to get your car checked out. they also do any engine work you want
Old May 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

**** if you need any work done other then autobody... bring it to me. I've worked on my evo for the passed 6 yrs and torn literally every part on the car apart. aint much i haven't done or wouldn't try.
best of all if you work with me i'll only charge you beer. to be drank after completing a job of course.
I have even done custom work on my car from acd relocation to custom 6spd short throws to custom methanol and CO2 sprayer setups.
Old May 16, 2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Evo9MickyBricks
I know a good shop, try svs on Montana great shop a.nd are good with attention to detail. Only draw back is there appointment based so call them and make a appointment to get your car checked out. they also do any engine work you want
Thank you very much! I will try them
Old May 16, 2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by joseph143
**** if you need any work done other then autobody... bring it to me. I've worked on my evo for the passed 6 yrs and torn literally every part on the car apart. aint much i haven't done or wouldn't try.
best of all if you work with me i'll only charge you beer. to be drank after completing a job of course.
I have even done custom work on my car from acd relocation to custom 6spd short throws to custom methanol and CO2 sprayer setups.

Thank you for your generous offer. I really appreciate it!

I have just ordered several parts for my Evo X, such as:
(1) MAP EF2 Stock Frame Turbocharger
(2) ID 1000cc Injectors
(3) MAP Rev 2 Intake Manifold and Gasket
(3) MIL.SPEC 64mm Throttle Body
(4) MAP Stainless Steel O2 Eliminator Downpipe
(5) MAP Short Runner Tubular Stock Replacement Exhaust Manifold w/ Grimmspeed Exhaust Manifold to Turbo Gasket
and will install them whenever I get them. I will of course bring my car to COBB to get a proper tune.
Old May 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Cobb is great. I actually run their exhaust on my IX. most people are surprised they even made one.

I personally suggest English Racing. Aaron is rather amazing in his tuning abilities. and it doesn't mean driving 10ish hours to the other side of texas limping a car thats out of whack.

I'm assuming with 1000's you plan on running straight 91oct? the fuel around here is **** and you are gonna make crap power. the same mods on mine made 375 with cams and other addons. granted a IX and X are completely diff but just goes to show the low quality of fuel. I ran methanol for awhile and it is a great option to supplement and make streetable power and then loads more for the track. without spending butt loads of money on racegas

now i run e85 and every two weeks i have to pull my injectors and clear the grime off of them. sooner if i really push the car. my fuel filters last anywhere from a week to 3 months. So given that I don't suggest you switch. If i ever get a chance to finish the tune with ER i am considering a second map for 91oct

Quick Reply: Anyone from El Paso?