Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HISEVO7
Boost can make or brake a scenario. Even outside of racing...

...this elder lady was drifting into my lane as if I wasn't there. The car behind me was tailgating, so I couldn't slam on my brakes. Too many cars to go right. Car in front too close to simply speed up...

...so I go diagnal-left! It was a long shot, but the ONLY option left to escape impending doom! I floored it. The boost kicked in so rapidly that it made the miniscule gap appear as a chasm!!!

No one injured. No damages. Everyone goes on about their business. The Evo is a WONDERFUL machine!
LOL...you such a nerd. Well my plans for heading out to Orlando are shot, so I will head out to the meet.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I've been pre-occupied with work, school, and family. The TCM event for today is scheduled for 1pm - 6pm for the S&R calendar release party.*

We will hold a meet at the Tijuana Flats on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh at 7:30pm for i4Evo. It will be a casual meet and meal. TCM will hold a regular meet NEXT Saturday.*

See you this evening at 7:30pm!!!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm i may make a token appearance.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
Hmmm i may make a token appearance.
Sweet! See you there.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:09 PM

...so far... more coming...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:36 PM

Thank you all for showing on short notice! Please post pictures... if you took any! See you NEXT saturday...

...CHALLENGE! Find an Evo owner throughout the next seven days that hasn't been to any events and bring them along (in their Evo, of course). I'll buy a beer to the one who brings the most. (Unless your underage... at which I will buy you a Coke or something!)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 05:43 PM

Tonight I tried my first trial session for the Google Latitude Scavenger Hunt. I learned a lot from the results. Lots of debugging needs to happen before the Beta Run.

As for the Beta Run, I am still looking for volunteers to help with beta testing. I had a handful of volunteers before the new year... but have lost contact with them since.

As for the phone number for i4Evo, I am experiencing some technical difficulties with it. You can still send text messages to it, but the number only goes straight to voicemail if you call it. Please be patient as I correct this issue. The voicemail still comes through my phone after it is recorded.

TCM this weekend is at a satellite location. That means we will be meeting at Tijuana Flats on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh at 7pm on Saturday evening. Remember, the one who brings the most NEW Evo owners (with their Evos, of course) with them gets a free beer or coke. :-)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:19 PM

I'd really like to put together a meet at Tampa Bay Tuned Inc. one evening. Who's down and when?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:43 PM

Can you guess where we will meet up this Saturday…?

If you said Tijuana Flats on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh, then you are CORRECT!

This Saturday, TCM will be held at a satellite location. Therefore, we will meet at TF around 7:30 pm. Remember, the person who brings the most Evo owners with their Evos gets a free drink at the bar. The Evo owner must not have attended one of our meets before to qualify.

After we link up, we will go on a short cruise around the surrounding streets and loop back around to the satellite meet of TCM.

This is a little different than usual because we normally just head straight to TCM. However, we need to start doing things as i4Evo… the way things were intended from the early beginnings in 2010. We will still attend and support TCM, but we need to also do things as an Evo community that involves US.

So… don’t forget. Mark your calendars for THIS SATURDAY at Tijuana Flats on N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh. 7:30 pm. See you at the Flats!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by InfamousBoost
I'd really like to put together a meet at Tampa Bay Tuned Inc. one evening. Who's down and when?
I would like to speak with you offline. I would have called you sooner, but I lost your card and contact info. Sorry. Please PM me with your info, or call me at (916)2FL-EVOS (which was the only phone number available that had FL and EVOS in it!) sometime tomorrow.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:38 PM

Seeing more and more Evo Xs out in my area. White wingless Evo X last Saturday, another White Evo X with the wing yesterday and I always see a RR Evo X every morning when I drop my kids off at school. None which have shown me any interest in talking. Oh well. Yes I know this is not the "spotted" section.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:48 AM

Too bad you can't find a way to invite them out tomorrow!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:13 AM

After visiting Tampa Bay Tuned, I must say that I enjoyed their welcome. Felt a little "cloak-and-dagger" getting to their shop, but that is part of the mystique that made the visit enjoyable.

I'm not going to provide a full review at this time, since they are still currently modifying the interior. For now, I will say that they have a brand new awd dyno and a tuner that has plenty experience with every Evo model I-X.

Want to tune your own vehicles, but need a dyno? No problem. They are more than willing to rent out theirs. Everything there is by appointment only, so please call ahead.

Have an i4Evo vynil? They are looking out for them, so now is the time to rock them!

Thanks for taking the time to see me on short notice, Tampa Bay Tuned. We look forward to holding a meet there in the future for our dyno day!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:55 AM

We appreciate you for stopping by and thanks for the kind words.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:12 PM

Remember... the person who brings the most Evos with them gets a free beer! To win, the Evo owners must not have attended a meet before! See you soon! 7:30PM at the Flats!

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads