Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it all hooked up and working thanks though! If anyone wants to help in the build process of my car I would greatly appreciate any help since me and the other guy doing it have never done anything like this on the evo.

Build involves - Turbo swap, downpipe/o2 housing, Fmic and pipes, fuel pump and injectors, intake, bov and I think that's it lol. Will be starting in roughly 2 weeks time.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^I may be down to help you some as long as my work schedule doesnt keep me too busy and depending on your location
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:15 PM

hey!

Hey guys! What's new?! I'm new to the Tampa Bay Area, and my Evo and I would like to make some new friends! What's the cruise scene like down here? I'm from Syracuse, NY and there were only 2-3 Evo's there including mine.

Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by IneedanEVOx
Newbie but not really. I was on this site before looking to purchase an EVO when I lived in NY but that fell through. I now live in St. Pete and as my name says I NEED AN EVO X, subtle ain't I. I want to go to DYNO DAY with an EVO X. Does anyone know of anywhere that isn't 1000 miles away that is selling an X? Mitsu dealers are trying to gouge out my eyes and take a limb, 27k for a used X is the best I found with decent miles. I am about to go to Cali and drive one back but I really really don't want to do that!!!

Please help if you guys can. Don't want to spend more that 25k. When I get one the next meet will be hosted by me. In the park with ribs and chicken provided by me.
Mmm Chicken lol. This makes me want to hold a meet now, since its that easy to do so compared to NY...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome, usually "HISEVO7"posts up local cruzes and events here, so be on the lookout. I do know that there will be a dyno day at Tampa Bay Tuned in Tampa on 31 March from 12PM to 7PM w/ 2 AWD dyno pulls for $20, here's the original thread and hope to see ya around:

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mi...tuned-inc.html
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ramonski
^^^^I may be down to help you some as long as my work schedule doesnt keep me too busy and depending on your location

I'll be doing most of the work on base since I can use the lift and their tools.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Let me know when you start, if I'm not out of town, I usually stay late on base anyway, maybe I can help out some as well.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmmm well I'll probably be in the same situation so I will try and stop by the shop whenever your there to lend a hand...has anyone done a transfercase on an evo 9 before? I have a small seal leak and I want to take care if it myself instead of paying $500+ to a shop to do it just incase someone would be able to help me out. I will also most likely be doing the work at the shop on base because of the lift and tool selection.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 08GsrX
Got it all hooked up and working thanks though! If anyone wants to help in the build process of my car I would greatly appreciate any help since me and the other guy doing it have never done anything like this on the evo.

Build involves - Turbo swap, downpipe/o2 housing, Fmic and pipes, fuel pump and injectors, intake, bov and I think that's it lol. Will be starting in roughly 2 weeks time.
I'll offer to lend a hand as it looks like, at the most, a full day of work to do this. I don't know if I'll be able to make it down to the base but I can offer my garage for use just incase it might take longer than a day. As much as my wife hates her Evo parked outside i think she might understand. No lift, but enough tools and jack stands to take care of the job.

Can even Time Attack to the parts store in the Outback wagon
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ramonski
Hmmmm well I'll probably be in the same situation so I will try and stop by the shop whenever your there to lend a hand...has anyone done a transfercase on an evo 9 before? I have a small seal leak and I want to take care if it myself instead of paying $500+ to a shop to do it just incase someone would be able to help me out. I will also most likely be doing the work at the shop on base because of the lift and tool selection.
Ski...
Did you call Mark at bold? Who quoted you that price bro? Not sayin I can do it or even help out brotha Lex but I know a dude. I got some leaks going on myself but my entire motor and tranny are gonna have to be dropped to address mine. Plus it's an op to further modify The Blue Lady... jus sayin

Either way hit me up and let me know what you decide yea.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Tigger pm me your # and I'll hit you up so we can talk more about it
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Boost Demon
Welcome, usually "HISEVO7"posts up local cruzes and events here, so be on the lookout. I do know that there will be a dyno day at Tampa Bay Tuned in Tampa on 31 March from 12PM to 7PM w/ 2 AWD dyno pulls for $20, here's the original thread and hope to see ya around:

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mi...tuned-inc.html
Sounds amazing! I'll be there as long as mine stays running long enough. The machine my brother in law sent me should be here soon. I'm thinking its either the Idle Air Control Valve or the Coil Packs, both costing around $400. (Factory coils or Skunk2 Throttle Body) Meeting up at the Dyno Place sounds like a great way to meet people with their evo's... looking forward to this event!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! I haven't had access to Evo-M for a long time... and this thread has blown up!

There are plenty of plans for the Evos in Tampa over the course of the next few weeks and even months. Call or text me at 926.235.3867 (926.2FL EVOS) or email me at Interstate4Evolutions@gmail.com for more details. Like us on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/i4Evo where I place constant updates.

This Saturday we are meeting at N. Dale Mabry and Linebaugh to enjoy dinner and drinks at Tijuana Flats. As usual, first Evo to show gets a free drink. Link up time is 8:00pm March 17th. See you all there!

Bring a remote controlled car (preferably an Evo)!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

I can garuntee it's going to take longer than a day lol, I have never done anything to this extent on the car so I'm pretty much going off a bunch of how tos. The main reason I was doing it on base was because it has the lift and tools I dont have and if anyone wanted to help they could just stop by. Not real happy about leaving my car there since its outside and its something like 40-50$ a night and then 5-6$ an hour on the lift.

Cargomech, where is your house? I would be willing to trade lift and tools for someone that's experienced and knows what the hell they're doing lol. We could try to knock it all out in a super long day but I think it's gonna take longer than that, have you done turbo swap or o2 downpipe before?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

I really want to hit up that dyno day so I can see what power I'll be making after the little build. So the day after my parts get here I'm starting.

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads