Notices

Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The staff at EM are dangerously incompetent. They managed to bugger up just about everything they serviced as part of my used car purchase, and couldn't even mount a set of tires correctly.

I wouldn't trust them even with something as simple as an oil change. I'm sure they would get something wrong, like putting in the wrong grade of oil.

As for that 'ice queen' at the service desk, she is in a customer service field of work. It wouldn't hurt to be somewhat hospitable.

Last edited by TrailBrake; Sep 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 01:02 PM

I really hope head office is aware of this because this is damaging the brand.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 01:42 PM

Well. I just took my lancer in to Markham to get the drivers side rear window replaced (There was a scratch that was only apparent after tinting) The tint redone on same window, and a small chip filled on the windshield. All of it was covered. They gave me a ride home and picked me up when it was done. Lester from Service was really helpful and apologized that I had to come in at all to get it fixed (It should have been done from the start) But hey it all looks good now.

I must say it was a pleasant experience. Hopefully my experiences will continue to be good. But so far so good I must say.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

Not in a million years would i walk into a mitu dealer for service................unless it was like a TSB or some other sheet they had.

Yeah to pickup random parts is one thing............to get my oil changed by *** hats with no experience is another.

NEWB
Old Sep 4, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Yesterday I had an independent shop verify some of the work done prior at Scarborough Mitsu, and the results of the review were less than stellar. A number of fluids were either not changed as indicated, or were incorrectly filled given the factory specs.

Another thumbs down in my book for dealer service.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Somebody try Richmond Hill and see how they are.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

I'll just toss into the list Newmarket Mitsubishi. I have always taken my car there, been treated well, and have gotten fair prices all the time. Might be a bit of a drive for some of you folks, but might still be worth a look.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 02:18 PM

meh. A quick jaunt up the 404 and Im there. If Markham fails me Ill try em.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

I have been to Motorcity and Ray the owner is pretty amazing guy. Les the Service manager is a pain in the *** about anything aftermarket or warrenty related but the Tech there is top knotch I just dunno what to do about my 20,000km service appointment kinda scared to get any dealership to change my dif fluids and everything else.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:19 PM

Same. I got a oil change coming up next month
Old Sep 7, 2011, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Given the state of service at GTA Mitsubishi dealers, it's safer to get as much as you can done at a competent independent shop. It's a lot cheaper too.

Unfortunately unless they have the MUT III tool, you will still have to go to the dealer for the more involved things (timing chain stretch, etc), but those issues are few and far between.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kahrs
I have been to Motorcity and Ray the owner is pretty amazing guy. Les the Service manager is a pain in the *** about anything aftermarket or warrenty related but the Tech there is top knotch I just dunno what to do about my 20,000km service appointment kinda scared to get any dealership to change my dif fluids and everything else.

why are you getting your dif fluids changed at 20k? Isn't it 40K or 48 months?
Eitherway, it's not cheap to change the fluids. It'll cost like 200$ at the dealership
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

I changed diff and sst at 20,000km and again at 40,oookm. Every fluid has been flushed and the car runs strong
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by mxzas
last: Scarborough
Service Manager had a smile that creeped me out. Parts manager was a total douche bag, I was denied to pickup my car after hours EVEN after i got my key back, as well as paid in full. He also gave me a "discount" on parts which was the same as other dealerships normal price. Techs had no idea how to work on the SST, i brought it in for a transmission leak and they told me straight up, we have no experience with the SST, all we could do was to tighten up something and bill it under warranty, which of course did nothing and my transmission was still leaking, so if you got one of those, don't bring it there.
I've only been to Scarborough as I've had my car for a little less than a year now and it was conveniently located on the way to/from work. I've only gotten oil changes done from them so far. I provide my own oil as I've got a buddy who can get me Amsoil at a good price. Last time I was there, though, the service manager gave me a hard time because he claimed that the oil I provided didn't appear to meet warranty requirements even though I pointed out the ILSAC and API certifications, but he ended up flagging my car on MDN anyway as it may void warranty. That pissed me off as another friend of mine who has an '08 Evo used the exact same type of oil when he got his changed at Dixie Mitsu and he didn't have any issues at all.

The next time I'm need servicing, I'm probably going to try out Dixie. If you think Richmond Hill or Markham are decent, however, maybe I'll try one of them instead as they is a bit more convenient for me rather than schlepping out to 'sauga.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Widoww
I changed diff and sst at 20,000km and again at 40,oookm. Every fluid has been flushed and the car runs strong
ya I can understand why you need your fluids changed cuz you track...point I was trying to make is that if you drive normally you won't need to change those fluids until later on. I don't want to see someone getting scammed at the dealership by having them say you need to have your dif fluids changed at 20k when the service manual says 40k

Quick Reply: Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA