Notices

Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA

So now that Maple Mitsubishi... a dealership that many of us preferred having our cars serviced at is closing down... how would you rank the remaining dealerships? Where are you going to be bringing your cars to?

For people in the GTA you have the following dealerships...

Richmond Hill Mitsubishi
MotorCity Mitsubishi (Whitby)
Scarborough Mitsubishi

Brampton Mitsubishi
Dixie Mitsubishi (border of Mississauga/Toronto)
Erin Mills Mitsubishi (Mississauga)

There's also Mid-Town Mitsubishi... but I heard rumours that they could be closing too.

So of the other established dealerships... how would you rank them... and where are will you be taking your cars to?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Richmond Hill
I have yet to get a service, but from what Yaz(finance manager that came out to several meets) told me, they have one of the best Mitsu techs in Canada, with over 15 years of Mitsubishi experience. Parts guy was friendly as well, i ordered some parts and got the discount.

last: Scarborough
Service Manager had a smile that creeped me out. Parts manager was a total douche bag, I was denied to pickup my car after hours EVEN after i got my key back, as well as paid in full. He also gave me a "discount" on parts which was the same as other dealerships normal price. Techs had no idea how to work on the SST, i brought it in for a transmission leak and they told me straight up, we have no experience with the SST, all we could do was to tighten up something and bill it under warranty, which of course did nothing and my transmission was still leaking, so if you got one of those, don't bring it there.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

I visited Richmond Hill Mitsu yesterday... and one thing that made me feel good was that it was actually active. There were CUSTOMERS coming into the salesroom... which it may sound like I'm being sarcastic... but at Maple Mitsubishi I hardly ever saw anybody in the showroom. How does a dealership survive if they are not selling cars I always wondered... well now I see Maple wasn't surviving. Within the half hour I was at Richmond Hill Mitsu... I saw a good number of people coming in.

Another thing... Richmond Hill Mitsu's parking lot was filled with MITSUBISHI cars. Something I found odd about Maple Mitsu was that you look outside and the whole front area was filled with USED CARS from other brands. Hopefully this is a sign that Richmond Hill Mitsu will be around for a while.

Richmond Hill Mitsu also says they will give the club service discounts.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mxzas
1. Richmond Hill
I have yet to get a service, but from what Yaz(finance manager that came out to several meets) told me, they have one of the best Mitsu techs in Canada, with over 15 years of Mitsubishi experience. Parts guy was friendly as well, i ordered some parts and got the discount.

last: Scarborough
Service Manager had a smile that creeped me out. Parts manager was a total douche bag, I was denied to pickup my car after hours EVEN after i got my key back, as well as paid in full. He also gave me a "discount" on parts which was the same as other dealerships normal price. Techs had no idea how to work on the SST, i brought it in for a transmission leak and they told me straight up, we have no experience with the SST, all we could do was to tighten up something and bill it under warranty, which of course did nothing and my transmission was still leaking, so if you got one of those, don't bring it there.
At a few mitsu dealerships:

Mechanics at it's finest at mitsu.

Also, i believe there was a TSB on the transmission leak issue. They have to replace the filter with the gasket.
Apparently it was the molding of the filter housing that causes it to leak.

anyways, they should've known that.

They need to train their mechanics better and not just hire the noobs right out of tech apprenticeship to save coin.

Another thing, don't let them was your car. Pure garbage and swirl marks galore.

Last edited by Slyy; Sep 1, 2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Crester
I visited Richmond Hill Mitsu yesterday... and one thing that made me feel good was that it was actually active. There were CUSTOMERS coming into the salesroom... which it may sound like I'm being sarcastic... but at Maple Mitsubishi I hardly ever saw anybody in the showroom. How does a dealership survive if they are not selling cars I always wondered... well now I see Maple wasn't surviving. Within the half hour I was at Richmond Hill Mitsu... I saw a good number of people coming in.

Another thing... Richmond Hill Mitsu's parking lot was filled with MITSUBISHI cars. Something I found odd about Maple Mitsu was that you look outside and the whole front area was filled with USED CARS from other brands. Hopefully this is a sign that Richmond Hill Mitsu will be around for a while.

Richmond Hill Mitsu also says they will give the club service discounts.
When next I see you, I`ll slap you. Its not easy to get pre-owned Mitsu cars Crester, Alot of the ones that come off lease (hahahahah leasing a mitsu.,....) are in VERY rough shape. Put your head together man, Alot of those cars can be inter-provincial. We Put used cars up of different makes to attract different people and have a various assortment of cars. Why cater to one type when you have the ability to cater to EVERYONE?

Also, We DO have Pre-owned Mitsu`s... Thing is...We sell them... and fast...
Lancer 2010 came in and it sold the next week, Outlanders come in and they sell within the month..WHY? because of the remaining warranty these cars dont have to sit very long.

Seriously...Show up tonight so I can Slap you... lol
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Enjoi
When next I see you, I`ll slap you. Its not easy to get pre-owned Mitsu cars Crester, Alot of the ones that come off lease (hahahahah leasing a mitsu.,....) are in VERY rough shape. Put your head together man, Alot of those cars can be inter-provincial. We Put used cars up of different makes to attract different people and have a various assortment of cars. Why cater to one type when you have the ability to cater to EVERYONE?

Also, We DO have Pre-owned Mitsu`s... Thing is...We sell them... and fast...
Lancer 2010 came in and it sold the next week, Outlanders come in and they sell within the month..WHY? because of the remaining warranty these cars dont have to sit very long.

Seriously...Show up tonight so I can Slap you... lol
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
hahahaah
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:58 PM

LOL...Crester mostly deserves it.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by link627
LOL...Crester mostly deserves it.
Anyways, getting back to the thread. (STAYING ON TOPIC)

Its a tad unfair to rate the dealerships because some* of these dealers have had swings / changes in their management and front line staff. A survey like this will highlight average experiences. But some of these dealerships have made changes and some are too no to have a good weighted position.

I think one X-factor should be what the dealers stance is on aftermarket accessories. Another X-factor should be front line staff experience.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I'm gonna answer enjoy in the off-topic thread to keep this on topic. lol https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9576071-post1492.html

But I created this thread more with service in mind... would be nice to hear everybody's thoughts. Would be good if you can list which dealers have gone thru major changes in staff... but otherwise it would still be good to hear people's experiences and preferences.

Last edited by Crester; Sep 1, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont take my car in to get services at the dealership, ever.. unless one day i just happen to trip over a bag full of cash and i dont mind spending 1000$ on some bs service lol

I've heard to many stories about dealership's, and im never taking mine in for service, yet alone leave the car there over night+
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

KW Mitsubishi seems pretty good. See how long they stay a Mitsubishi.

Cambridge Mitsubishi from what i hear has a pretty good track record. Anyone know from experience?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 08:56 AM

I think I'm the only one left that goes to EM
Went in for a type C service yesterday, came back with rattling under the car. Gonna have to bring it back for them to fix it.

I think it's safe to bring it there for an oil change. Anything else...well that's a gamble..
so thumbs down from me
Old Sep 2, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

so i was right? when did you notice it?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:12 AM

lol noticed it when I was driving back on the hwy.
I'm sure its not the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA