Notices

Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Whibty and the owner (Ray) is awesome. He's ex-army and def treats you like a valuable customer.

The parts manager's name is Les and sometimes he's difficult to work with but to be honest he's more then fair. He's replaced the chrome grill for me under warrenty when it started peeling. He's been more then generous with discounts and helped me out when I needed it too.

The Tech that works there is pretty good also.

As for warranty related Modding...I suggest that you don't go there expecting to get warranty covered if your heavily modded. Even so I would talk with Les and see how he feels. I don't mod at all so best bet is to have a talk.

I'm sure he would give TLC a discount and other then that I've only gotten fluids changed by them but there pretty solid. I have no complaints. Just tell him Tyler said to pop by and try them out.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Kahrs, great info!

Did you know if they would do any fluid change with owner provides fluids (given that those are factory recommended ones like Mobile1, Diaqueen, genuine Mitsubishi).

I am thinking to get the SST and T-case fluid change in the upcoming service due. Provided I got all required fluids and part.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Originally Posted by Kahrs
I use Whibty and the owner (Ray) is awesome. He's ex-army and def treats you like a valuable customer.

The parts manager's name is Les and sometimes he's difficult to work with but to be honest he's more then fair. He's replaced the chrome grill for me under warrenty when it started peeling. He's been more then generous with discounts and helped me out when I needed it too.

The Tech that works there is pretty good also.

As for warranty related Modding...I suggest that you don't go there expecting to get warranty covered if your heavily modded. Even so I would talk with Les and see how he feels. I don't mod at all so best bet is to have a talk.

I'm sure he would give TLC a discount and other then that I've only gotten fluids changed by them but there pretty solid. I have no complaints. Just tell him Tyler said to pop by and try them out.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

I can Honestly say I don't see why not I'm pretty sure at one time I asked him if he minded if I bought royal purple to put in it or Amsoil and he said not a problem, I would imagine though he wouldn't be able to cover engine stuff after though. considering how Evo warranty work is pretty hard to get. So many people/paperwork/pictures are involved now because of everyone modding it's pretty ridiculous.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 06:59 PM
R0Y

Originally Posted by LIVEEVIL
meh. A quick jaunt up the 404 and Im there. If Markham fails me Ill try em.
I would suggest you not to go to Markham!
those incompetent staff... will make anything up just to avoid covering things under warranty and screw you
Old Dec 2, 2011, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

If you aren't going in for a warranty-related item, why deal with the dealer? Given the state of service at almost all of them, it's a gamble.

There are plenty of competent independent shops in the GTA familiar with our cars.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 07:25 AM

Or find yourself a private mechanic that you can trust. My family has been going to our mechanic for years as he knows what hes doing. I'm going to take my lancer in for an oil change today. As far as I am concerned unless its a warranty issue Im not taking it to Mitsubishi.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed. I've had many issues caused by the kids pretending to be mechanics at Mitsu dealerships.

Last edited by TrailBrake; Dec 3, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailBrake
That's not good if Raymund has left Scarborough. The rest of the goons at Scarborough aren't great to deal with.

Evan at Dixie is a good service manager. From the sounds of it, he might be the only good one left in the GTA.
Dammit! Hes the only good part of that whole dealership! Err...was. Their prices are way over priced and he knew it, so he gave me most of what I needed at 10 or 15% discount. Which is still over what it should cost but better than nothing.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:43 PM

bump..
i am happy the way markham has treated me so far but scarbough is a dealership you need to stay away from. they screwed up my first oil change and gave my car clear coat scratches and didn't bother checking the alignment when it was pulling to the right and said it was torque steer.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

In summary, as of today only dealerships worth dealing with at this point are the following:
. Markham
. Dixie
. Whitby

And the dealers to avoid are:
. Scarborough
. Erin Mills
. Mid-Toronto

Last edited by TrailBrake; Jan 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

-1 for Scarborough parts department
+1 for Markham parts department

I went to Scarborough to order a part with part number in hand, parts guy was very impatient and did not even bother searching up the part number, instead he showed me a bunch of other crap that was irrelevant to what i was looking for. Wasted 10 minutes there.
Went to Markham, parts guy searched up the part number for me and ordered right away.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't put Dixie on that good list, I was just calling around to see where I'd stand on replacing my brake pads and I'm not sure who I talked to in the service department but he quoted me at $420!!! And that isn't even replacing the rotors, just machining them, and I was providing the pads!!!

$100 labour on the pads, $30x4 clips, $100x2 machine front and back

All the while Erin Mills said the same service would cost me $196...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fitzy
I wouldn't put Dixie on that good list, I was just calling around to see where I'd stand on replacing my brake pads and I'm not sure who I talked to in the service department but he quoted me at $420!!! And that isn't even replacing the rotors, just machining them, and I was providing the pads!!!

$100 labour on the pads, $30x4 clips, $100x2 machine front and back

All the while Erin Mills said the same service would cost me $196...
That is disappointing to hear. I was afraid this would happen after Darren left the parts department at Dixie a few months ago. He was very good to deal with.

Personally I don't source parts from GTA dealers, as I have relatives down in Florida and have items shipped to them by MitsubishiParts.net.

So that leaves Markham and Whitby as the two remaining decent dealerships from the feedback thus far. I would be hesitant to put Erin Mills on that list, as they mounted tires backward on rims (inside sidewall marking on the outside), but that was over a year ago.

Last edited by TrailBrake; Jan 12, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TrailBrake
So that leaves Markham and Whitby as the two remaining decent dealerships from the feedback thus far. I would be hesitant to put Erin Mills on that list, as they mounted tires backward on rims (inside sidewall marking on the outside), but that was over a year ago.
Whitby is the one that I am going to go for the next service. So far so good from what the others (see Kahrs' post) commented. Note that, Markham was good when ordering parts as one said but for service, negative stories were told more than pos.

Last edited by 416_EVO; Jan 12, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Markham, that is true. The feedback has been mixed.

Whitby's service department hours of operation seem a little on the short side though:

http://www.motorcitymitsubishi.ca/?/contactus

Quick Reply: Best of the Remaining Dealerships In The GTA