Notices

ROAD/RACE- Timing Control Box OFFICAL RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ROCK
Stated this is flawed? I do not think so. This is a bone stock 2009 GTS, manual on a dynopac dyno and it is totally CORRECT. People just say something without knowing and people follow it. Can anyone say Sheeple?

ROAD/RACE
Nobody is saying anything without knowing. If the car was dyno'd on a dynopac, that's awesome. What's the power to the wheels then? Nobody drives around on their bare axles (hopefully), which is where the dynopac measures from.

The dyno isn't what people are calling flawed: it's your logic they're calling flawed, Rock. The dyno says 8HP and you say 8+HP...but there aren't any wheels on the car which means that number is skewed. This entire argument never would have existed if RRM threw in a sentence like "Our dyno measured 8+HP using a Dynopac dyno, which measures power at the axle." It's not entirely a real world number...that's the point of contention.

Do you at least see where that argument is coming from and the logic behind it? But instead of asking why people are thinking that and then putting the issue to bed, you call a forum full of potential customers sheeple (which you also have your fair share of).

You're a stand up guy and you run a good business, Rock. But sometimes you need to do a better job of seeing things from a customers point of view. I really don't want to hijack this thread, so if you feel like responding, just PM me so we can stay on topic here.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

I think you guys need to calm down, I honestly think this will produce 5whp to 8whp. Possibly 10whp with the right bolt ons in there. There can be alot of power yielded from timing advancing and retarding, depending on what your looking for.

If everyone wants proof for the hell of it, I will buy the damn thing and throw it on the dyno. After the Dyno work I did with FourStar testing the intakes, its not hard to confirm the numbers, but I am confident there will be a distinct gains. But I am 99.9 % sure that this will produce in and around the numbers stated.

That said, you guys shouldnt concern yourself with numbers, but %. That is all that matters when it comes to tuning and dyno reading. Because every dyno is different, Dynapak to DynoJet, Mustang to DynoDynamics. Hell even the same machine on two different cars or different days can pick up different results. But its the consistent checking of % gain or loss is what is important.

There is very little here in this thread that you guys can levy against Rock on this one, and I think you guys should put the product on your own car dyno it and then if it doesnt do what rock says, then give him hell. I just think everyone is jumping the gun a little quick trying to point fingers at numbers on a dyno chart.

Last edited by evo_soul; Feb 16, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

i think the ? about the dyno has been answered. peoples ?'s and concerns about the dyno were legitimate and now that we know why the base numbers are what they are its all good. this did produce a +8hp gain, to the wheels im not sure but there is a proven gain and that is good like the post above im sure its producing at least 5whp and thats pretty good for 240 bucks.

ROCK thanks for clarifying the dyno.

Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancer0220
i think the ? about the dyno has been answered. peoples ?'s and concerns about the dyno were legitimate and now that we know why the base numbers are what they are its all good. this did produce a +8hp gain, to the wheels im not sure but there is a proven gain and that is good like the post above im sure its producing at least 5whp and thats pretty good for 240 bucks.

ROCK thanks for clarifying the dyno.

is it really? i got 4-5whp from an exhaust, CAI even more.

so before u start kissing RRMs butt and getting "destroyed" take a look and do research about the product before you just talk about a product you know nothing about other than whats been said in this thread.

im not bashing RRM i have a couple of their products but as said before making things unclear or misleading customers is wrong. if im buying something i want to know exactly what im getting an what it does at the most accurate way possible.

as for the review i'll probably wait for evosouls. he seems to know a good bit about cars and how they work and dosent seem like a first time tuner like many members on this site. ive seen some reviews saying "oh it pulls so much faster" well 4-5whp is not gonna be anything thats gonna make you go wow. if your so excited about getting a product and you strap it on even if you put it on and it didnt work im sure some people would still claim they felt gains just from the expectations. so like i said ill wait on a reliable review and dyno at the wheels before i consider getting the product
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
is it really? i got 4-5whp from an exhaust, CAI even more.

so before u start kissing RRMs butt and getting "destroyed" take a look and do research about the product before you just talk about a product you know nothing about other than whats been said in this thread.

im not bashing RRM i have a couple of their products but as said before making things unclear or misleading customers is wrong. if im buying something i want to know exactly what im getting an what it does at the most accurate way possible.

as for the review i'll probably wait for evosouls. he seems to know a good bit about cars and how they work and dosent seem like a first time tuner like many members on this site. ive seen some reviews saying "oh it pulls so much faster" well 4-5whp is not gonna be anything thats gonna make you go wow. if your so excited about getting a product and you strap it on even if you put it on and it didnt work im sure some people would still claim they felt gains just from the expectations. so like i said ill wait on a reliable review and dyno at the wheels before i consider getting the product

im not kissing anyones butt i was simply thanking him for coming out and clarifying the dyno. i dont care if it works or doesnt, im not going to buy it because i use my car daily and wouldnt want to run 91 anyways im just saying that for the people who were unsure about the dyno the ?'s have been answered and the response is legitimate.

and by the way i do know about this product and what it does, ive been one of the ones asking ?'s about this dyno since it was posted im not here just being spoon fed by RRM and this dyno.

i dont just read things and believe them automatically, as soon as this thing was posted back in november 2008 i was doing research on what they could possibly be doing to accomplish this.

i may be wrong, but was the last part of your post directed at me ? or the person who said "destroyed" ?

some confusion there, anyway its all good
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea destroyed is harsh. We are the only ones pushing these cars to their potential. When there is no dyno up we get bashed, with a dyno, bashed hum. Look at the indepent reviews. We did our homework here guys. There is no bull behind this product. It is simple. Advances timing a bit to make more power. Nothing sneaky here. It utilizes the same changes that a reflash does to timing.

There are at least 3 threads from indenpent guys and their perspective. PLEASE READ them since they went through the trouble to write them. Noting destroyed about it.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

lol oh come on its not harsh..im a gamer so the playful ****talkin is a regular, but honestly how many times u gotta repeat yourself before your understood man? i applaud everything you guys do cuz like u said u push these lancers to their limit, im stickin wit my gts for as long as i can and i plan on doing everything performance-wise possible to this car. i know its probably not a great platform to begin with for those purposes but wheres the fun in buying a GTR and not touching it? Its all about the tuning baby. Daily track street car is what i hope to accomplish with this ride. Nutin more wholesome than a breakfast bowl of burnt rubber with some brake dust on top and a glass of good ol gasoline
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by I Am God
lol oh come on its not harsh..im a gamer so the playful ****talkin is a regular, but honestly how many times u gotta repeat yourself before your understood man? i applaud everything you guys do cuz like u said u push these lancers to their limit, im stickin wit my gts for as long as i can and i plan on doing everything performance-wise possible to this car. i know its probably not a great platform to begin with for those purposes but wheres the fun in buying a GTR and not touching it? Its all about the tuning baby. Daily track street car is what i hope to accomplish with this ride. Nutin more wholesome than a breakfast bowl of burnt rubber with some brake dust on top and a glass of good ol gasoline
Thanks Bro. You get it!

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

At higher octane than 91 delivers more perfomance?? Or its about the same
Old Feb 21, 2009, 07:21 AM

You know people there is nothing wrong with advancing your timing to make some power (as long as you don't overdo it) - I have been advancing timings in all the cars that have passed through me since college, since mid 90's. Back in the days we need a timing light and movement of distributor to advance or retard vehicle's timing. It does help out in power and obcourse you need 91 octane to avoid detonation/knocking. I had my 1987 celica gts advanced timing for 8 years - run till 350,000 km (time for new car you should see the body - falling apart)-- no engine problem at all just always consistent on my maintenance schedule -- When I got the lancer i thought I can advance the timing again on this car, but to my surprise I was unable to. So if this RRM timing control box is the answer to my advancing timing habit -- GOOD NEWS FOR ME!!! -- even 4-5whp? that is good enough for me - that would mean to those who are bashers that I will be 4-5 whp faster than you. Anything that adds up to my HP is good enough for me. RRM.

Last edited by johntango; Feb 21, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Again it is the gaining power in most of the power band. That translates to faster car. It is not just 8 h.p. and 5000+ rpms. I think you understand and a look at the dyno curves, not numbers says it all. And the reviews say the rest!!!

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Here is a link to another review. Read it and decide.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ol-module.html

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:15 AM

when can i pick one up for my 04
Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by J3lueJ3alls
when can i pick one up for my 04
Maybe soon. We are working on it. Need a good local tester for it right now.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ROCK
Here is a link to another review. Read it and decide.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ol-module.html

ROAD/RACE
Are you planning on shipping to Mexico?

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- Timing Control Box OFFICAL RELEASE