Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My experience with ttp engineering

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
All I had to read was part of the first post when you said the WGA spring was set too high... Coming from a guy who advertises that he drives a 700whp sti I would think you know a little something about boosted cars. Everytime I have upgraded wastegates and/or springs I have had to make changes with my boost controller, the higher the spring pressure, the higher I boosted without adjustment, its common sense.

Scott can come off as arogant sometimes but he is a good guy and knows his sh*t!

Im NOT driving a 700 hp sti, At the last tune on a fully stock motor it made 510 whp, they are 100% building the motor, sleeves, pistons the whole 9, when it's done it will be around 700-800 whp full drag car. Not intended for street use

And your missing the fact that Scott specifically told me that the for mentioned parts WOULD NOT EFFECT MY TUNE!!! END OF STORY. Is Scott @ TTP not suppose to be the PROFESSIONAL in this situation.?????

Last edited by jsr426; Mar 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Regardless of what was supposedly said I would not install or have performance parts installed and expect my car to run right without a tune. That being said it is stupid to come on Evom and bash a well respected shop/tuner for negligence on your part.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've read this whole thread too, &...

Originally Posted by JDMEvo9RS
I have read this whole stupid thread and what I
have gathered is...
1. He chose to buy an MR because that's what he wanted. A turbo Mitsu rather then an overpriced Accord. Maybe that's what you want. An MR is sutiable for his needs.

2. He says TTP told him the parts wouldn't affect his tune.

3. Maybe you don't either? So what?

4. I didn't see anything about a free overview.

All I can say is, he seemed to blow up and lose his cool a bit faster then I thought the situation deemed, but Its not my place to say as it didn't happen to me. Bottom line is, TTP dropped the ball, showed some unprofessionalism in the process, and could have handled their mistake a lot better.

Last edited by GPTourer; Mar 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Regardless of what was supposedly said I would not install or have performance parts installed and expect my car to run right without a tune. That being said it is stupid to come on Evom and bash a well respected shop/tuner for negligence on your part.
I love how you say " negligence on your part " HOW AM I NEGLIGABLE for buying parts from a recommended shop, trusting that when they say " it wont affect your tume" that they are not lying to me, and considering that there suppose to be the proffesionals in this situation!!!! NOT ME!!!

I asked Scott before I came if there was anything that I needed to bring or do on my part before I brought my car in the following day! HE said no, Just your car! Sooo your saying that I should have known that the proffesional didn't know what he was doing?