Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ets ftl

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Don't tell me you discontinued the stock battery UICP did you?????
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had a problem with ETS, they are top notch!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Don't tell me you discontinued the stock battery UICP did you?????
Nope! We only build a stock evo blow off valve flange on stock route piping.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Now we see the other side of the story,lol.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Nope! We only build a stock evo blow off valve flange on stock route piping.
Oh ok. phew
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FraziersEVO
Now we see the other side of the story,lol.
always is
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

See I'm so in the air about going to the Short route and mini battery deal. Thing is I do not drive the car everyday anymore so it can sit for a week or more at a time before I drive it again.

I run an interstate battery so it isn't the stock one anymore.

I guess I can just go short route and if the batter kit gives me an issue sell it and relocate a full size to the trunk.

As for power you'd be hard pressed to convince me that a shorter route UICP will make any more power or make spool up any faster than the stock route. So thats a non issue for me. I do like the clean look of it though
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
See I'm so in the air about going to the Short route and mini battery deal. Thing is I do not drive the car everyday anymore so it can sit for a week or more at a time before I drive it again.

I run an interstate battery so it isn't the stock one anymore.

I guess I can just go short route and if the batter kit gives me an issue sell it and relocate a full size to the trunk.

As for power you'd be hard pressed to convince me that a shorter route UICP will make any more power or make spool up any faster than the stock route. So thats a non issue for me. I do like the clean look of it though
from personal experience...I got sick of the mini battery

sometimes my car would sit for 3-4 days and if it was cold out it hated starting...it started every single time for two and a half years but I didn't trust it

I now have a full sized battery in the trunk and I'm glad I did it
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:04 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow @ ETS, they really did try and help this guy out and he comes on and completely bashes them.

I understand you're frustrated, but you were asking for something that is incredibly difficult WITH TIME RESTRAINTS. They did exactly what you wanted, and it didn't fit. Who's fault is that? Yet they still offered to continue helping you.

+1 for ETS IMO.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Hello Jose,

This post is not entirely true. The first pipe was built wrong so we call tagged the pipe back, rebuilt the pipe to his specs and sent it back. Jose forgot to mention that he was running meth and needed the meth bungs installed. Since this was not our bad, we had him send the pipe back and we would send it back the same way he shipped it. We built a new pipe for no charge and sent it back to him. Jose said the blow off valve was touching the shroud of the fan, so he sent the pipe back with everything marked out where he wanted the blow off valve, ait bung, 2x meth bungs. We made the pipe to exact locations and sent the pipe next day air on our dime. Now, since he put the blow off valve in the wrong location on the pipe he sent to us, he wants us to build another pipe? We said we would build another pipe, but we are not paying for next day shipping both ways, we would match whatever shipping he paid for.

We have built 4 pipes to try to help jose out and still nothing is working. We have since discontinued the pipe, but we are still trying to help him out.

We also tried to help the situation and offer him a mini battery at cost and build a short route pipe to replace his stock battery.

Again, the last pipe that was sent back to us had everything marked in place, we jigged the pipe and sent it to him exactly how he had it laid out.

Thanks For Your Time,

Michael
That pipe in the pic is the 2nd pipe.The first pipe was also marked for the bungs.i

added meth bungs because pipe was going back anyway.I did not forgot to

mention meth bungs.When i told you about bungs you forward pm to chris.If you

have a jig why did first pipe come out so screwed up?you forgot to mention that i

shipped it to you next day for $80.I dont want a mini battery as ive had it before

and it was really annoying carrying a boosterpack.

Originally Posted by dbsears
Wow...seems to me the OP wants the impossible to happen. You are working with the stock battery...how much room do you think there is? Secondly, what is the point of running a Tial 50mm bov on stock MAF? If you prefer herky jerky drivability so be it I guess. Why don't you just go short route and you could have everything done right the first time. You realize that a medium sized Braille small battery is stronger than the OEM right? All this money spend could have had a short route piece, mini battery (stronger than OEM), and everything done right the first time. Research and planning out ahead of time is a good virtue to follow...not rushing into things with deadlines.

I dont want the impossible it was an option they already offered.If you read

carefully i state that i switched to aem ems so no maf.I could of made pipe myself

but the bend in pipe is more then 45 deg and i dont have a mandrel bender and

didnt want alot of welds on pipe.I had mini batteries before and havent had lock

with them.I did research and thought they had what i need without it being too

much of a hassle.I ordered first pipe early june so there was no dealine at that

time.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Wow @ ETS, they really did try and help this guy out and he comes on and completely bashes them.

I understand you're frustrated, but you were asking for something that is incredibly difficult WITH TIME RESTRAINTS. They did exactly what you wanted, and it didn't fit. Who's fault is that? Yet they still offered to continue helping you.

+1 for ETS IMO.
They tried to help me out.At my expense.It wasnt difficult because it was an option they offered on there site.if you ordered a kit there was option on piping short or stock battery +$30 then you could select bov flange and bungs or whatever.The bungs werent the problem they werent the reason pipe didnt fit.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gordian79
This is installed on a turbo kit car with no fan shroud. We also said we would send out a new fan at no charge, that you could mount to allow for the current setup to work.

I'm not sure what more we could have done? We built a pipe to your exact specs and it still doesn't fit..

Thanks,

Michael
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

They tried to help me out.At my expense.It wasnt difficult because it was an option they offered on there site.if you ordered a kit there was option on piping short or stock battery +$30 then you could select bov flange and bungs or whatever.The bungs werent the problem they werent the reason pipe didnt fit.
I'm not sure how it was just your expense? The order was for a $187.00 pipe. We had to pay next day 2 times, build the pipe 3 times, coat it 3 times, add 2 meth bungs for free, relocate the AIT, jig and build a custom pipe to your specs.

The time and cost of material on this order is easily over $600.00 at this point on our end and we are still willing to help you rectify your problem.

Michael
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

This is installed on a turbo kit car with no fan shroud. We also said we would send out a new fan at no charge, that you could mount to allow for the current setup to work.

I'm not sure what more we could have done? We built a pipe to your exact specs and it still doesn't fit..

Thanks,

Michael
I dont remember the fan offer.i would of definately gotten that instead of all this hassle.I thought you guys had the spec for pipe so it could fit properly.Its your kit you designed it i would expect pipes to fit first time around.I build roll cages part time i keep all of my templates.so i dont have to go out and measure,check fitment etc.you bring me a miata and tell me you want a scca approved cage i have everything to make cage.when customer comes in cage is virtually finish.just some finish welding and car is out of shop.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

I dont remember the fan offer.i would of definately gotten that instead of all this hassle.I thought you guys had the spec for pipe so it could fit properly.Its your kit you designed it i would expect pipes to fit first time around.I build roll cages part time i keep all of my templates.so i dont have to go out and measure,check fitment etc.you bring me a miata and tell me you want a scca approved cage i have everything to make cage.when customer comes in cage is virtually finish.just some finish welding and car is out of shop.
We do have jigs for every pipe, this pipe does fit on our car. There are a few more variables as far as pipe spacing between couplers, how the pipe is positioned in the coupler when tightened, that make this a bit different. Intercooler mounting location, etc. On the short route this isn't a problem. Stock battery is just to tight for perfect fitment I guess (TIAL FLANGE). We built the pipe to your specifications and it still doesn't fit.

This is why we are only offering the stock battery with a stock flange now.

The fan was offered up the last time spoke, when you said you would just take care of the pipe. The offer still stands, I have no problem shipping you out a fan. It's a universal 10" fan so you will need to splice it into your fan connector.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by ETS Michael; Aug 6, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Ets ftl