Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

+1 for competition clutch customer service!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for competition clutch customer service!

Currently i have a Spec stage 3+ clutch in my car.
Recently blew the throwout bearing off the pressure plate (sure its happened to many of us)
anyway, i invested in a new clutch fork stop, as well i called spec to find a new clip in which the Wave retainer clip sits into, im not sure of the name but its the clip that actually is mounted onto the pressure plate.
but yeah, called spec and after a while of me describing the part to them they finally knew what i was talking about and they told me the only way to replace it is buy a new pressure plate for $509.00. i laughed and hung up.
Than since i've delt a lot with comp clutch, used to have one, installed a few on my friends cars, my bro has one on his sti, i gave them a call.

the dude was AWESOME. he sent me the whole clip assembly including the wave retainer clip for FREE. i think his name was Con. maybe short for conner? not sure. but he was real cool. Sent me the whole assembly for free. Definatly going back to Comp for my next clutch. Its cool knowing your clutch company's got your back when you're in need.

Thanks comp. you guys can expect plenty of business from me in the future.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

how does the clutch feel? i used to have one in my crx, my feet was swelling in traffic, the resistance was horrible but good grip
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sunrichmond
how does the clutch feel? i used to have one in my crx, my feet was swelling in traffic, the resistance was horrible but good grip
spec stage3+ ? i friggen love it.. the pedal feel is close to stock, just a little firmer, its fine in traffic, just cant get lazy with it cuz the thing grabs like a mother f*cker