Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought cf is suppose to be strong why does his have a crack n you cant bash lancershop their not making the products just selling them
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's quite honestly a crap shoot with rexpeed. i've received both good and bad stuff from them. when it's bad though, derek will do everything he can to...wait for it...nope, not helping you, but pushing the fault on you and tell you to "install it at a professional shop." it's never the fact some of their molds have crap fitment, it's always the customer's fault.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry i haven't posted all day guys, i just got home from work, long 12 hour shifts suck lol

Originally Posted by R Lar
My first rexpeed purchase wasn't so great either, but maybe you should try Contacting Derek (he is the rexpeed vendor). He is on the forums and he may be able to help you out. He's a good guy.
do you have any info where i can contact him maybe i can switch this one out?
Originally Posted by JJames
Yepp I ordered one of those things too the rexpeed CF dual gauge steering wheel pod.
Fitment does suck but here is the thing if and I say IF you could some how replace the stock top cover with it it actually sits on there perfectly.

now as for the gauges not fitting... well yeah I dremeld the F*** out of them and got them to fit... You have to basicly get rid of the entire inner ring and then sand a "slit in the bottom of it for the gauges to barly sqeeze in there.

If it wasnt for it blocking like the 60% of my speedo I might leave it on there but for now Im back to vent mounted Cobb AP for boost and Vent mounted Ipod for AFR via AEM X-wifi
i think if me to replace the top i need to know how to fab stuff up which i dont lol, as for the gauge wholes i shouldn't even have to make the wholes bigger it says its for 52mm and it wasn't.

Originally Posted by EvilRob
Are you not supposed to take the top plastic piece on the steering column off and replace it with the rexpeed piece? Also gauges not fitting is not a big problem use a dremel like someone suggested. Other than those to points kinda, their products are know for fitment issues.
no your suppose to fit it over the OEM one

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
I gave Rexpeed a try a couple of years ago with one of their single gauge pods and I'd never buy their crap again either. Their fitment sucks and their quality is equally as bad. I'll gladly pay the extra for quality pieces I don't have to look at in disgust.
now i know the saying we get what we pay for
Originally Posted by evoxspyder
rexpeed = no bueno.. i purchased their a pillar dual gauge pod and it was ridiculous that they would even sell somthing like that. i had seen pictures were it wasnt 100% perfect but this was just a complete piece of sh*t
i thought the same thing maybe its not that bad but it was
Originally Posted by ImEv0
i have nothing but good things to say about rexpeed. contact the vendor and see what they say.
can i get the vendors info so i can contact him? thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dee242
i thought cf is suppose to be strong why does his have a crack n you cant bash lancershop their not making the products just selling them
it cracked when i tried to make it sit properly, as for me bashing lancershop, im not i said that exactly in my original post, i have noting against them just wanted to show where i bought my item
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
it's quite honestly a crap shoot with rexpeed. i've received both good and bad stuff from them. when it's bad though, derek will do everything he can to...wait for it...nope, not helping you, but pushing the fault on you and tell you to "install it at a professional shop." it's never the fact some of their molds have crap fitment, it's always the customer's fault.
thats BS, why would i go to a professional to install a gauge pod that is suppose to be OEM fitment, if it cracked it was because the fitment is bad, also the gauge holes suppose to be made for 52mm and their not, i better not get that when i contact the vendor.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about the issues your having....I believe you received a bad batch. Thanks for bringing this issue up I will let my installer know about this. We will gladly refund you full amount and you can do whatever you want with the pod. Please pm me your details.

If any one else have any issues please contact me first...I will do everything I can to make sure you are happy in the end.

Regards
Derek
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rexpeed
Sorry about the issues your having....I believe you received a bad batch. Thanks for bringing this issue up I will let my installer know about this. We will gladly refund you full amount and you can do whatever you want with the pod. Please pm me your details.

If any one else have any issues please contact me first...I will do everything I can to make sure you are happy in the end.

Regards
Derek
This honestly made my night
Some great customer service thats what i like lol
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rexpeed

Regards
Derek
greatness
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

I have nothing but good to say about Rexpeed.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rexpeed is known for the best customer service around
If you contact them!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:53 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.evoxparts.com/evoxparts/A...Pod-p-276.html
do it right go with this one......
i didn't personallyi don;t like sterring wheel gauge set up, i like A-Pillar gauges i went with AMI-Customs..... a little pricey but you pay for what you get...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Must be certain products. I've ordered two items from them. Shipped quickly and great quality part. Sounds like the Evo X platform has the problems.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

that think looks horrid too. or is it just me??
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

I've ordered a couple things from them and had a good experience both times.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that is great service! Restores a little faith in them!

Quick Reply: My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last