Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review: Dynotech Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Dynotech Tuning

About 6 months ago I decided to search outside my shell(Connecticut) for a shop that would understand my needs further than what I had been experiencing... I searched and searched both Evom and Evox looking for the a direction, either over to Mass or down to the NY, Jersey area. While in search for some Coilovers for my X, I was PM'd by a gentlemen at Dynotech Tuning who let me know that he could get anything I needed and oh by the way, his shop wasnt too far away from where I live.. He and I began to go back and forth via email and PM on the forums.

A month later I decided to head over to the shop for the install, alignment and corner balance. I was immediately impressed with everyone at the shop. For one, there's countless shops that i've been to that are dirty, unorganized etc.. But, I was introduced to Jamie(co-owner) while he was sweeping the floor... To me that spoke volumes about what kind of people these were. I've been in restaurant management for 12 years now and its not everyday, that someone that important to a business, let alone a co owner is sweeping the floor.. But, back on the topic.. The install of the coils I had was issue free, with the tech on the job Bill, stopping every 20-30 mins to update me. When it came time for the alignment to be done, Brian(co-owner) and his wife offered to take me out to lunch during the interim.. I was beside myself on that one! I dont have to pay for a seafood dinner, when all im doing is a coilover install? They finished the job, corner balanced it and I was off.... Still, i was waiting for some spacers that were on back order, so I knew there would be a return trip

Fast forward a month or two later.. Some more emailing, PM'ing etc... Its now time to see Jamie for a re tune. I needed some bigger injectors, a fuel pump, I wanted the ETS o2 delete downpipe and especially an manifold to complete the Black.. They had the suggestions, myself, Jamie and Bill did our research to find the best combo and then set the appt. Same procedure as the coilovers. Except this time, once they had gotten to the turbo they realized my previous shop had never used anti cease on the bolts.. It turned into a fiasco and a few trips to the machine shop later the bolts were properly removed. I had planned to only stay overnight since it was originally planned to be a 1 day job.. But because of the bolts, the machine shop had set the timetable back a little bit. At that point I didnt really care. Everyone at the shop was so nice and accomodating, I told Brian I dont need to know details, just get it done, and I know it'll work.. Brian's wife helped me get a discounted hotel room for a second night.. The plan was to finish the install that night and Jamie would tune in the AM.. Somewhere around 12:30-1am Brian and Bill finished installing everything, conducted their boost leak test(Which they found several) and planted her on the dyno.. Upon my arrival the next morning, Jamie was already plugging away with the tune.. He was very pleased with the responsiveness from the black. After countless and I mean countless pulls on the dyno, my car was tuned.. Jamie was very excited about the results and spent the extra time to get it dialed in correctly.. I've seen plenty of dyno tunes from plenty of different shops. But, for someone who had plans outside of the shop that day, to stay for almost 5 hours to hammer home the details really impressed me. Not only that, but the guys the night before sticking around that late to make sure it was ready for the dyno.. I have never been more impressed with not just attention to detail, but the consideration, going out of their way to make someone happy who's only been to the shop, at that point twice. This is what this business is all about. I dont do much wrenching on my own car, I have limited tools and i've learned what I have by hanging around shops, friends with cars and forums... Like this one.. So for me, this is perfect! Exactly what im looking for! Thank you to everyone at Dynotech Tuning for caring and going the extra miles!

Another big thank you to Brian for spending all the time replying to my emails recently about a motor build! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank you very much for the review! As you can see, we take a different approach to our business. It's not business to us, it's a passion. We do our best to satisfy our customer needs to the best of our abilities. Can't wait to see you back for the next stage!

-Jamie
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Thank you very much for the review! As you can see, we take a different approach to our business. It's not business to us, it's a passion. We do our best to satisfy our customer needs to the best of our abilities. Can't wait to see you back for the next stage!

-Jamie
Yes sir! This is what its all about! Thank you to everyone for going above and beyond! I plan to be back at the beginning of next season, as the X is in the garage for the winter
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Dynotech has great service for sure! I've experienced it first hand.

Michael
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Dynotech has great service for sure! I've experienced it first hand.

Michael
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DynoTech is the ****! Whenever I get my car back together I'll be heading over to see them also!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoooB
DynoTech is the ****! Whenever I get my car back together I'll be heading over to see them also!
Yea buddy
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Pre thanksgiving bump for anyone on the east coast looking for a shop!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:53 PM

I've had my evo ix for a little over a year now and since Ive picked her up I've been searching for a good shop to take her too. I've heard nothing but great things about Dynotech from practicly everyone on here who's experienced it first hand and from a buddy of mine who used to take his srt-4 there. Reading this review and after everything I've heard I don't think I'd take my baby anywhere else haha!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IgotabigEVO
I've had my evo ix for a little over a year now and since Ive picked her up I've been searching for a good shop to take her too. I've heard nothing but great things about Dynotech from practicly everyone on here who's experienced it first hand and from a buddy of mine who used to take his srt-4 there. Reading this review and after everything I've heard I don't think I'd take my baby anywhere else haha!
And that sir would be the wise decision!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:13 PM

+ 1 for DynoTech! Brian, Jamie and the rest of the guys there are awesome!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Just got my car dynotuned by them for my setup listed in my signature. Jaime knows his **** when it comes to tuning Evos. He is 110% the go-to guy. I highly reccomend them.
Keep up the good work boys !!!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo VIII 4o1
Just got my car dynotuned by them for my setup listed in my signature. Jaime knows his **** when it comes to tuning Evos. He is 110% the go-to guy. I highly reccomend them.
Keep up the good work boys !!!