Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Forced Performance HTA71 repair

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 10:21 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
FP WGA. Passes smog and holds boost very well. Assuming you plan to run more than 16-20psi or so, that is
Old May 26, 2017, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ratsbud211 found it was best to use the OEM 9 WGA and let it spike real high and taper off naturally out the top so you weren't just blowing hot air..

Mine is spiking to about 28 and holding around 22 out the top. I feel like I could get a lot more torque out of the bottom end if I went to 30-31psi and tapered to the 22psi but I have some weird fueling issue or something that I need to fix first.
Old May 26, 2017, 01:45 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by cerevo
Ratsbud211 found it was best to use the OEM 9 WGA and let it spike real high and taper off naturally out the top so you weren't just blowing hot air..

Mine is spiking to about 28 and holding around 22 out the top. I feel like I could get a lot more torque out of the bottom end if I went to 30-31psi and tapered to the 22psi but I have some weird fueling issue or something that I need to fix first.
I'll have to disagree here. WGAs typically are only reliable to 2x base psi. I believe base is 10-12psi. Anything above 20-24psi is pushing it too hard. It will struggle and most likely start bleeding off boost, at some point. Very bad on an already taxed, stock turbo.
I was at 28psi tapering to 21. My original WGA couldn't cut it. It did have 100k miles on it. Maybe a newer one would do better, but for how long? I'm 100% about only upgrading parts when I need to. My car is as Stock as possible. Unless you ever plan on running less than 18 PSI, there is no way I would stay with the stock actuator.
Old May 26, 2017, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
TURBOSMART INTERNAL WASTEGATE ACTUATOR 22PSI https://www.maperformance.com/produc...FdCXfgod2B8CJw
Old May 26, 2017, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
TURBOSMART INTERNAL WASTEGATE ACTUATOR 22PSI https://www.maperformance.com/produc...FdCXfgod2B8CJw
This is what I'm using with my 71hta. Works flawlessly
Old May 26, 2017, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

My is spiking to 31 and falling to 27.5 by 7500rpm
Old May 27, 2017, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What kind of torque are you guys getting out of it? I was only able to squeeze 380ish I think was the highest and that had a little knock I think.

​One thing that I haven't installed that should help my power is the muse dump pipe, waiting on my new injectors for that. We pushed it up to 30+ psi but didn't make any more power and that is the only thing left that some of you guys have that I don't. Well I guess that and a wga.

I may port the exhaust housing as well and try to get it to flow into the downpipe better.

Another weird thing I've noticed. Around 4500 to 5k Rpm I'll have this little burp of power. It's like it just quits skips a whole rotation of fuel and spark then picks up again. It's not registering as knock, afr don't go crazy, it's almost like spark blow out but I gapped them from. 026 down to. 022 and it made no difference.
It puts a big spike in the virtual Dyno graph too.
It only did this with the larger injectors in, since I put the stockers back I haven't had that issue but it's also turned down some. Only making about 380hp at the moment.
Old May 27, 2017, 07:34 PM
kaj

What kind of torque are you guys getting out of it? I was only able to squeeze 380ish I think was the highest and that had a little knock I think.

​One thing that I haven't installed that should help my power is the muse dump pipe, waiting on my new injectors for that. We pushed it up to 30+ psi but didn't make any more power and that is the only thing left that some of you guys have that I don't. Well I guess that and a wga.

I may port the exhaust housing as well and try to get it to flow into the downpipe better.

Another weird thing I've noticed. Around 4500 to 5k Rpm I'll have this little burp of power. It's like it just quits skips a whole rotation of fuel and spark then picks up again. It's not registering as knock, afr don't go crazy, it's almost like spark blow out but I gapped them from. 026 down to. 022 and it made no difference.
It only did this with the larger injectors in, since I put the stockers back I haven't had that issue but it's also turned down some. Only making about 380hp at the moment.
In curious to know, too. I had to stop at 350tq due to stock rods, 6spd trans, etc.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Mine made 400wtq. I could've made more but we tuned around it