Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Evo8 v550 vrs. Ferrari F430 video!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
IMHO a 3071 is a waste of a Turbo. Even AMS doesn't sell it as they think ity is a waste. BB50Trim is the smallest upgrade I would go with and it is the KING of pump gas Turbo's.
we dont like pump gas only race gas
Old Jan 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he lost!!!!but yea i have that same hat but white
Old Jan 6, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
IMHO a 3071 is a waste of a Turbo. Even AMS doesn't sell it as they think ity is a waste. BB50Trim is the smallest upgrade I would go with and it is the KING of pump gas Turbo's.
Yeah, I agree, the owner of the Evo uses it almost exclusively for drag racing on race gas plus meth, so he should have not gone with such a dinky restrictive turbo. He should have at least gotten a 3076/3037 from the outset, but given the application he should have actually just jumped to a 3065/35R right off the bat.

With a turbo upgrade to a 35R on race gas/meth, he would pull about 8-10 car lengths on the Italian car.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have yet to so a GT3076R outperform a BB 50trim in any way. Especially track times.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Yeah, I agree, the owner of the Evo uses it almost exclusively for drag racing on race gas plus meth, so he should have not gone with such a dinky restrictive turbo. He should have at least gotten a 3076/3037 from the outset, but given the application he should have actually just jumped to a 3065/35R right off the bat.

With a turbo upgrade to a 35R on race gas/meth, he would pull about 8-10 car lengths on the Italian car.
you are correct but when using a 35r i think you need to upgrade your stock internals and this car has bone stock internals excluding the 280cams he has!
maybe on race gas he will pull away 5cars or more,and in a dragrace from a standstill the ferrari doesnt stand a chance at all all ,we where giving the advantages to the ferrari not the evo next time it will be backwards and ill give you a call so you can go see it!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

I think he did a good job with what he has. Good race. It's always nice to have the cops in on a street race.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Evo vs. Ferrari

You gotta get that alky tune working right. I love mine with similiar setup and it never misses a beat on alky, even with stock ignition.

Either alky on 91 Oct. or race gas without alky and a good tune can make as much as 100 crank HP more than plain 91 Oct., at least with a 3076 turbo.

Thats what Shiv dynoed on my V550 with similiar mods except I have a slightly larger turbo (3076). But my map for plain 91 Oct. was very conversative for use on track days and the tune for alky was pretty aggressive, thus making the difference larger.

Whats so cool is with this setup (using alky) you can just switch one toggle on the dash to trigger the alky map and then activate the alky and have that extra 100 crank HP any time you want it, without the expense of race gas, in just seconds, without even stoping. In reality I drive most of the time on the street with the alky on. Thats because the alky power is so addictive.

With well over 500 crank HP (on Alky) it truly is a real kick on the street.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

What type of Alky injection setup are you running? I'm looking into alky injection as well since I too live in the land of crappy 91oct gas

Originally Posted by tuner
You gotta get that alky tune working right. I love mine with similiar setup and it never misses a beat on alky, even with stock ignition.

Either alky on 91 Oct. or race gas without alky and a good tune can make as much as 100 crank HP more than plain 91 Oct., at least with a 3076 turbo.

Thats what Shiv dynoed on my V550 with similiar mods except I have a slightly larger turbo (3076). But my map for plain 91 Oct. was very conversative for use on track days and the tune for alky was pretty aggressive, thus making the difference larger.

Whats so cool is with this setup (using alky) you can just switch one toggle on the dash to trigger the alky map and then activate the alky and have that extra 100 crank HP any time you want it, without the expense of race gas, in just seconds, without even stoping. In reality I drive most of the time on the street with the alky on. Thats because the alky power is so addictive.

With well over 500 crank HP (on Alky) it truly is a real kick on the street.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
you are correct but when using a 35r i think you need to upgrade your stock internals and this car has bone stock internals excluding the 280cams he has!
maybe on race gas he will pull away 5cars or more,and in a dragrace from a standstill the ferrari doesnt stand a chance at all all ,we where giving the advantages to the ferrari not the evo next time it will be backwards and ill give you a call so you can go see it!
not true....there are guys that are/were running GT40Rs on stock internals......go bigger!! GT35R!!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

What type of Alky injection setup are you running? I'm looking into alky injection as well since I too live in the land of crappy 91oct gas

I sourced mine from Alky Control (Julio Don is very helpful) but I believe most people get the same setup from AMS. Its a great setup. We have the gain set at about 1-1:30 PM on the dial and use the GM MAP to control the Alky, not the Xede.

As a safeguard the alky setup has a pressure switch that lets you know via a small LED that pressure is getting to the nozzle. With the SMART system in the Xede we have a second safeguard as it will recognize and adjust for a lean condition, such as would occur if the alky system is not working under boost. A low fuel warning light from the alky tank provides additional security. All in all, I feel comfortable that I'm not going to blow my engine using meth and oh, does it help with my tube header 3076 setup .
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jrsimon27
I still think that the Evo owner(who also incidentally owns the F430), should just swap the 3071, which doesn't flow any more air than the latest stock replacement bolt-on turbos, and strap on a 35R.

Admit it..... the Evo is a purpose built drag car anyway(witness the special final drive ratio that allows him to stay in 4th gear and not shift into 5th, the light weight racing wheels, the TRE transfer case).

So the guy is effectively hobbling himself by running the smallest 30R, when by going to a 35R he would pick up at least 100 HP. Let's call a spade a spade. I mean the guy has, at best, faulty reasoning. This is a guy who has to go out and buy a Ferrari to race against himself. And then he can't even beat his own self.

Last edited by sparky; Jan 16, 2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
I still think that the Evo owner(who also incidentally owns the F430), should just swap the 3071, which doesn't flow any more air than the latest stock replacement bolt-on turbos, and strap on a 35R.

Admit it..... the Evo is a purpose built drag car anyway(witness the special final drive ratio that allows him to stay in 4th gear and not shift into 5th, the light weight racing wheels, the TRE transfer case).

So the guy is effectively hobbling himself by running the smallest 30R, when by going to a 35R he would pick up at least 100 HP. Let's call a spade a spade. I mean the guy has, at best, faulty reasoning. This is a guy who has to go out and buy a Ferrari to race against himself. And then he can't even beat his own self.
he will most probably do it in a near future
Old Jan 23, 2007, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the video. I'd like to see that from a standing start on race gas.