Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Brand New Chicago Dyno Day thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2004, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try here ?????

http://www.grdperformance.com

Naperville has many nice amenities for guests too. Good hotels and restaurants are all very close to this shop.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Great suggestion, Stockfornow!

Their new facilty looks great...and what better event for a housewarming party than a Vishnu dyno day?! Hopefully they'll have us.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Do they have a Dyno?, I couldn't see any info on it
Old Jun 1, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Andrew,

It mentioned that they have a 4wd dyno in one of the paragraphs on their home page...
Old Jun 1, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

That's a dynapak dyno.....I don't think Shiv will tune on those...they take a while to set up and I have heard that evo's act strange when dynoed on them....don't shoot the messenger, just passing on the love....I am sure there is a Dyno Dynamics in that area..Shiv reffered to them once...but I can't remember their name...I will post if I remember
Old Jun 2, 2004, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Yikes!

I was wondering what they meant by the dynapack only being good for stock or slightly modded cars...I was thinking the warning was Subie-specific only...I guess not Thanks for the clarification though!

We'll just have to keep looking...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

There two AWD dynos that I can think of off the top of my head...

Porsche Exchange-Highland Park, IL (DynoJet):http://www.porschexchange.com/service.html

and

Fall-LineMotorsports -Northbrook, IL(Mustang) http://www.fall-linemotorsports.com/

hope this helps...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

oops...sorry... scratch Fall-Line...didn't read the "No Mustang" in first post...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Nice work everyone - looks like we only need one more to get this rolling. If at all possible I'd like to have one or two more people signed up just in case someone has something come up at the last minute.

For those who missed my edit in the first post, my car was hit pretty badly last Saturday and there is a chance it may be totaled. Once the insurance guys have looked it over I'll be deciding what my next steps will be. If it's repairable I will have it put back together, if it's not, I will probably go looking for another Evo.

Regardless of what happens with my car, I'll keep the dyno day rolling - I just hope I can be there with my car.

One more quick update - I just talked with Noah at Speedlab and he's tenatively interested, depending on the schedule. I don't think he is an EvoM member.

Last edited by erioshi; Jun 2, 2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Oh man! Sorry to hear that Erioshi! Just try to keep looking on the bright side of things...at least you're ok. I hope you are anyway.

How much has to be wrecked to get it totaled...more than 75% of what is was worth before the accident? I used to know this...

I hope it works out for the best!

IMO, you're going WAY above and beyond by still organizing this dyno day despite everything that's happened. Cheers, bro!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Decided to get a new Evo with E ACD yet, Erioshi?

Has anyone decided one way or another to upgrade their fuel pump for the upcoming dyno day? This is a no-brainer if money wasn't an object (and maybe it still is since the Walbro 255 is only around $100), but it is.

I'm seriously considering the Stage 1 package but the costs are mounting...still, it'd be better to have one I suppose rather than shooting my dyno time in the foot 'cause of lack of fuel.

Does Vishnu just throw in a pump with a complete Stage 1 purchase? How about the Samco hose kit? I had to ask...
Old Jun 3, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

The pump is not necessary on a stage 1, it is only when you spring for cams and the stage 1+ you need the walbro
Old Jun 3, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

I think the consensus for stage one is that the pump isn't needed unless you end up running lean. We can probably ask Shiv to bring an extra Walbro in case someone needs one. I drove my stage one set-up on the stock pump for about 9 months without any problems. I installed a Walbro when I added the new cams.

Some good news - looks like my car will be getting repaired, and there is plenty of room between the damage estimate and the damage required to total the car. The extra room is more than enough for me to feel comfortable sending the car in with all my mods in place, and not having to worry about additional damage quotes totaling the car.

Based on that I'll get the car into a good shop and finally start calling some of these dyno facilities.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Great news on the repair Erioshi!

Thanks for the clarification on the fuel pump...you too Andrew!
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:38 AM

Be sure to find a really good body shop. I just got mine out of the shop. They only did an OK job. They missed a couple of details such as scratched headlight and bumper not lining up perfectly with the hood. I have to take it back next week.

Quick Reply: Brand New Chicago Dyno Day thread!