Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Brand New Chicago Dyno Day thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the requests I have had received regarding hosting another Vishnu Dyno day....I have nearly enough people to warrant setting it up....watch this space..
Old Jun 14, 2004, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Hi all, sorry about the lack of an update. We are still waiting on the "all clear" from Shiv based on our list. I won't bother a shop until I know there will be a dyno day, and that means I need we need an OK from Vishnu. I have talked with them a couple of times and was supposed to hear back from them last week.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:12 AM

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this.

How's the car coming along. Is it out of the body shop yet?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Alright, I have two questions for my fellow chicagoans and suburbanites ... does anyone know of a shop that can install 272 cams (read: has done cams on an Evo before), and which shop has an AWD dyno?

Thanx.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

I'm guessing AMS could do the cams...maybe give them a call. I don't know if they have an AWD dyno though...
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

I believe this was mentioned before. There is a place in Holland, MI (lower western) called AYA Racing with a new AWD Mustang dyno. A very clean and professional place. The shop owner has delt with managing several WRC teams in Turkey (he has an accent) and is quite familiar with the Evolution. I don't believe installing cams would be a problem. His true profession is as an Electrical Engineer and he is also an AEM dealer. I know he does lease the dyno out to tuners and operates it if needed. Someone might want to pursue this. It could then be called the Chicago/Detroit Dyno weekend. 3 hrs drive from both cities.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Car news - Looks like my car will be back together inside of two weeks. That should be plenty of time to have all the new parts settled in before the dyno day.

Unfortunately for me, that means I'll have to miss a planned track day at the Mid America Motorplex later this month. I would not comfortable taking a freshly repaired car to the track without some time and miles to make sure everything is ok.

Last edited by erioshi; Jun 15, 2004 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Let me rephrase my earlier question ... and thanks lithe, I think I will probably go with AMS to do the cams. ...

- Where is the closest Dynojet AWD dyno to Chicago?
Old Jun 17, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Ludikraut,

I don't know the closest AWD dyno to Chicago...sorry

I don't mean to hijack either...but what's the holdup on the Vishnu approval for the dyno day? I'm just anxious, like most people on this thread I assume, and even more anxious than I was a month ago
Old Jun 17, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

When I spoke with Shiv in CO, he seemed to think that it was definitely doable, but until someone locks down a date, it's all just speculation. They've also got that C&D super tuner shootout sometime in July, so I don't know what kind of schedule conflicts there might be. The best idea would probably be to send a PM to Lambtron to help facilitate this.

And I think I may have answered my dyno question ... dunno how accurate it is, but check it out: http://www.stealth316.com/2-awddynos.htm

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Jun 17, 2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
When I spoke with Shiv in CO, he seemed to think that it was definitely doable, but until someone locks down a date, it's all just speculation. They've also got that C&D super tuner shootout sometime in July, so I don't know what kind of schedule conflicts there might be. The best idea would probably be to send a PM to Lambtron to help facilitate this.

And I think I may have answered my dyno question ... dunno how accurate it is, but check it out: http://www.stealth316.com/2-awddynos.htm

l8r)
The list is correct and unchanged in the past 8 months with respect to Chicago. It is also incomplete. The only AWD Dynojet in Chicago is at "The Porsche Exchange".

I shouldn't speak for others but I believe that we are waiting for Shiv to ok the list prior to making a commitment to owners and a shop. Basically this seems to be a communications problem at this point.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

i'm here... just slammed with the usual stuff Did we get pricing for dyno rental yet?

Shiv
Old Jun 17, 2004, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you guys are still looking for another person to sign up I would be interested in a reflash. I am just wondering if he can tune around my AEM intake, if so sign me up.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Alright! - Just got off the phone with Shiv and it looks like we are good to go. Once the date and facility are set I'll let you know.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Creamo3
If you guys are still looking for another person to sign up I would be interested in a reflash. I am just wondering if he can tune around my AEM intake, if so sign me up.
Hehe, I'm sure he can tune around it, although he might have a few words to say about it, hehe. It may also take longer to tune... I'm still hemming and hawing about getting an intake ...hmm HKS or APS... choices choices, decisions decisions.

Freedom, thanks for the info ... I'm gonna have to look up the guys at the Porsche Exchange. I'd like to get some numbers to compare with the dynojet I used in CO... would be great if we could have the dyno days at the Porsche Exchange, since IMO the dynapack dynos look whack (not saying they don't work, they're just weird) and it's hard to compare off a Mustang dyno

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Jun 18, 2004 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Brand New Chicago Dyno Day thread!