Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Aquamist HFS-5 system: Official Q&A...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the pump have to be mounted equal to or lower than the tank. Can I mount the pump above the tank.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 06:25 PM
Former Sponsor

I think it will be perfectly fine with the pump level with the water tank.

Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Hi Richard,

I just received my HSF-5 kit yesterday. The quality and attention to detail on this kit is amazing. I am please to report that the aquamist hype that I have read about for years is well deserved.

A couple of questions pertaining to the usage of this system:

1) I see the flow meter maxes out at 450cc/min. Does that mean that it won't allow any more volume than that to pass or that it just won't put out any higher of a reading beyond that mark?

2) Along those lines, I saw somewhere that you posted that the HSV was good for 1300cc/min at 125psi. I'm hoping the flow meter won't limit that down to 450.

3) I have read that the system will work with pure water, pure meth, or a mixture of the two. I have also read that it should not be used with gas. Is there a single component that is limiting this or is it many things?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
Hi Richard,

I just received my HSF-5 kit yesterday. The quality and attention to detail on this kit is amazing. I am please to report that the aquamist hype that I have read about for years is well deserved.

A couple of questions pertaining to the usage of this system:

1) I see the flow meter maxes out at 450cc/min. Does that mean that it won't allow any more volume than that to pass or that it just won't put out any higher of a reading beyond that mark?

2) Along those lines, I saw somewhere that you posted that the HSV was good for 1300cc/min at 125psi. I'm hoping the flow meter won't limit that down to 450.

3) I have read that the system will work with pure water, pure meth, or a mixture of the two. I have also read that it should not be used with gas. Is there a single component that is limiting this or is it many things?

Thanks!
Answers to your questions:

1) and 2) Sorry about that, the front panel is the last stage of update we yet to modify. At present, please ignore the legend/scale of 450ml/min. The gauge will read beyond 1300 cc per minute - please rescale it to register 5-6 bar to normalize your flow range.

3) The flow sensor tube is made of a plastic material that is not suitable for gas, only good for water and methanol. We can make sensor suitable for gas but it will be a special order.

PS Thanks for your much welcomed feedback.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

How much $$ is this kit, as I will be in the market for one soon, and it's between Aquamist or SMC.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

The kit is retailed at $895.00. There is a group buy going on on the vendor GB section - hosted by IA Performance.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=257287
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Can I mount the pump above the tank?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

The ideal location for ease of priming is with the pump inlet lower then the tank outlet. You can go higher but an air pocket can be quite possible if tank runs dry, also after initial install getting this started for the first time can be a pain = try and install lower unless something more important dictates otherwise.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
The kit is retailed at $895.00. There is a group buy going on on the vendor GB section - hosted by IA Performance.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=257287
Thanks .
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

can I run the line inside or outside the car?

Do you suggest one over the other?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is room under the door sills to run the wiring and the hose. My pump is in the trunk, hose goes forward, wiring goes rearward. passenger side and up through the grommet on the passenger side to the engine bay.

before this last install I had the hose run up under the car, no problem just more difficult to get to when issues arise.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
Answers to your questions:

1) and 2) Sorry about that, the front panel is the last stage of update we yet to modify. At present, please ignore the legend/scale of 450ml/min. The gauge will read beyond 1300 cc per minute - please rescale it to register 5-6 bar to normalize your flow range.

3) The flow sensor tube is made of a plastic material that is not suitable for gas, only good for water and methanol. We can make sensor suitable for gas but it will be a special order.

PS Thanks for your much welcomed feedback.
Thanks for the quick response! One more question, I'm assuming that if Methanol is ok that Ethanol, being far less corrosive, would be ok too. But what I was actually planning on using is E85 from our local pumps. As you know, this has 15% gas (and up to 30% in the winter). Will this be outside of the spec for the flow sensor tube as well, or do I only need to avoid pure gas?

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2007, 06:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
Thanks for the quick response! One more question, I'm assuming that if Methanol is ok that Ethanol, being far less corrosive, would be ok too. But what I was actually planning on using is E85 from our local pumps. As you know, this has 15% gas (and up to 30% in the winter). Will this be outside of the spec for the flow sensor tube as well, or do I only need to avoid pure gas?

Thanks!
Any fluid contains hydrocarbon is not suitable for the flow sensor. The material in the wetted part of the pump is also not suitable with any E numbers except E100.

If you want to inject gasoline, get youself and fuel injection system.

If you add E75 to water to stop it from freezing, you will mass up the system for sure.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 06:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
Thanks .
There is a group buy on the HFS-1 system at present. It uses the same components from the HFS-5, expecially the 150W by-pass pump. It is very easy for for future upgrade to HFS-5. It is a good investment now.

The Group buy is due to finish at the end of this week, last chance to save yourself $150 for a quality product.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

what is the difference between the 2.. and if someone were to go get the HFS-1.. in avg.. how much would it cost to upgrade to a HFS-5 in the future..

Quick Reply: Aquamist HFS-5 system: Official Q&A...