Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Aquamist HFS-5 system: Official Q&A...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An easy way to tell the difference is by visually looking at the images posted of the parts contained within each kit, and the wiring schematics.

The HFS-5 kit is using a the FIA2 and the HSV. The FIA2 is wired into the cars fuel injector signal, this signal is used by the FIA2 to control the HSV so as to mirror your factory fuel injection info to the HSV......which is controlled by your ECM/PCM. With this type of W/A injection control comes accuracy not included with any other kit = since your PCM/ECM is looking at sensor input with which to determine things such as actual load, you're W/A system is using the ECM/PCM info as well. Another way to look at this is, you are more or less using the factory engine management system to control your W/A system = no need for controllers, knobs, buttons and fancy tuning, in effect the HSV becomes a 5th injector outputting water/methanol. Tuning is more or less done by water/methanol mixtures and jet sizing.

The 22 accumulator is also not included with the HSV.

The HFS-1 is akin to a simple base single jet system that is injecting based on MAP. While the HFS-1 does not have the accuracy of the HFS-5 it works very well and its effective for most users who want Aquamist quality components but can not step up right now and purchase the HFS-5 = they need an entry level system without sacrificing .......given this fact of lower cost right now, a user can later upgrade down the road to the HFS-5 to help spread the cost out over time and not also have to remove an existing kit to install another kit that has the features desired in the more advanced kits.

The same great DDS3 with flow meter and the version 8 junction box thats included with the HFS-5 is a component that will be in all kits. The 150W 125psi Aquamist/Shurflo pump is included as well as the lines, fittings, connectors, and wiring.

For other readers looking at the HFS-1 and comparing things, readers looking into W/A for the first time, OR users of other W/A kits......Even though I'm obviously working with Aquamist, IMO as a W/A enthusiast the DDS3 v8 by itself is a must for the W/A user = price the DDS3 on its own and then take this amount and subtract it from the price of GB introductory offer. You're getting the basis of the future Aquamist HFS-X kits including the HFS-5 at a fantastic price, If you later on want the capabilities of the HFS-1 contact an Aquamist reseller for the needed components

EDIT This last sentence should be "If you later on want the capabilities of the HFS-5, contact an Aquamist reseller for the needed components"

Last edited by aqmist; Mar 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I have tried ordering a tank from http://fluids.flambeau.com/ as was suggested by Richard

They have not returned my calls or my emails. Has anyone had better luck with this company?

It seems like they like to deal in bulk and maybe don't care about selling a single tank. Perhaps aquamist can arrange to buy tanks from this place and ship them out with the HFS-5 or sell them to HFS-5 useres.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

dudical26, they are also on ebay for $35.00 + $10.00 for shipping (buy it now)

Search 1 gallon water injection tank.

I'll contact flambeau and ask about getting a few tanks......if I can offer at least a little savings and make things easier for Aquamist kit buyers when we do the Introductory offers I'll get some to have on hand.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

if you contact them that would be great.

$35 plus shipping, I thought that flambeau sold them for less than that.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aqmist
dudical26, they are also on ebay for $35.00 + $10.00 for shipping (buy it now)

Search 1 gallon water injection tank.

I'll contact flambeau and ask about getting a few tanks......if I can offer at least a little savings and make things easier for Aquamist kit buyers when we do the Introductory offers I'll get some to have on hand.
Yes that is a great idea... please start a separate thread on this group buy... I'll get on it
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
if you contact them that would be great.

$35 plus shipping, I thought that flambeau sold them for less than that.
Correct, this seller among others is marketing it up.....perfectly natural business practice.

If you look close at these tanks you will see them in many places from many people.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Riichchard,

Since EVO MAP equivalent uses frequency and not electricity, we cant use that to trigger, and if you dont want to use injector voltage, what else can we use without having to purchase a pressure sensor?
Old Mar 31, 2007, 07:31 AM
Former Sponsor

You can trigger the system via your fuel duty cycle %.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

you mean IDC?

Originally Posted by Richard L
You can trigger the system via your fuel duty cycle %.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

yes, fuel IDC. trigger point between 12% to 50%
Old Apr 1, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi Richard,

bought the "5" kit. its installed and clicking away (btw, my HSV never clicked on my race pump system, must have done something wrong on that system).

I am using the voltage free contact, number 11, to ground an electronic boost control to switch boost settings.
On my first test drive it did not act like it was going to ground. Am I to supply a jumper ground wire or is that function within the board?

thanks, love the kit, (wish the Junction box was to the same scale as my fingers)
but that is a personal problem :-)

Last edited by nothere; Apr 1, 2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Pin 11 and pin 12 are both voltage free contacts. If you use pin 11 as a ground switch, you must ground pin 12.

I didn't see you on the GB, did you get it form one of our vendors?
Old Apr 1, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got it from a buyer who had to change plans.

hope everyone appreciates the level of help that is given,

thanks
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Just for interest, would it be easier to intercept one of the wires to the boost control solenoid valve?
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Crufty Dusty
Yes that is a great idea... please start a separate thread on this group buy... I'll get on it

There is one more option. Throttle angle sensor, I believe it is 0-5V.

Last edited by Richard L; Apr 1, 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Aquamist HFS-5 system: Official Q&A...