Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

HFS-5 Installed and Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, they also sell all other VP racing fuels so if I decide that meth is not enough I can pick up some C16, although it is damm expensive.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
Yea, they also sell all other VP racing fuels so if I decide that meth is not enough I can pick up some C16, although it is damm expensive.
Yea, C16 is like 8-9$ a gallon....VP Meth is about 2.50 or so
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
Yea, C16 is like 8-9$ a gallon....VP Meth is about 2.50 or so
Cheapest Ive seen in Cleveland is 15 bucks a gallon
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

I saw this install in person tonight. I'm still in awe.

It gave me motivation to get off my butt and do a similar install.

Xiaoni420, dude I already forget your real name....

But anyhow, where do I order the tank from? I'm most likely going to go with (1) 6 quart tank.

BTW, if you ever need meth I'm a VP dealer. I have tons of meth in either 5 gallon containers or by the gallon out of drums. I'm located in South Jersey. Let me know.

Binh
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Very clean install. Love it!

Just curious but what's the purpose of this doodad?

Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

its the FiA2

it picks up the fuel injector pulses, mirroring it and driving the high speed valve to achieve a proportional fuel to meth/water ratio (ratio of the 2 is determined by atomizing nozzle size)

Last edited by SlowCar; Aug 9, 2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

That's real clean. Nice work. So you had to drill through your IC piping? Is there a way to plug it if you decide to take out the injectors?

Also, just wondering.. anyone know what the emissions are like when adding meth/water?

Probs not a lot different with the water... but meth?

Last edited by 80210; Aug 8, 2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlowCar
its the FiA2

Gotcha. I'd never seen a pic of the FiA2 from that angle before. Had me confused.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binh
I saw this install in person tonight. I'm still in awe.

It gave me motivation to get off my butt and do a similar install.

Xiaoni420, dude I already forget your real name....

But anyhow, where do I order the tank from? I'm most likely going to go with (1) 6 quart tank.

BTW, if you ever need meth I'm a VP dealer. I have tons of meth in either 5 gallon containers or by the gallon out of drums. I'm located in South Jersey. Let me know.

Binh
Haha, my name is Nick, no worries. You can get the tank directly from flambeau right here http://fluids.flambeau.com/standard_...6.0_quart.html I received both of my two separate orders within 3 business days. I bought my tanks before anything else so I would be locked into getting the alchy kit So you should do the same, haha. I need methanol immediately, let me know if we can meet up somewhere. I'm going to call the guy again I got the first batch from tomorrow but it isn't a guarantee. Let me know what you can do for me. I appreciate it bud.

-Nick
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 80210
That's real clean. Nice work. So you had to drill through your IC piping? Is there a way to plug it if you decide to take out the injectors?

Also, just wondering.. anyone know what the emissions are like when adding meth/water?

Probs not a lot different with the water... but meth?
Don't quote me on this but am 99.9% positive there are plugs you can get to fill the threaded holes, shouldn't be an issue at all. I'm sure Richard, Jack, or Abner could answer this for you though with greater certainty.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xiaoni420
Don't quote me on this but am 99.9% positive there are plugs you can get to fill the threaded holes, shouldn't be an issue at all. I'm sure Richard, Jack, or Abner could answer this for you though with greater certainty.
The kit does come with 2 nozzle adapters and two blocking plugs. The plugs seal up the adapters if you chose not to use them.

Richard posting something a while back about emissions. Believe it or not I think that emissions were increased a fair amount when using WATER.

I don't really know much about it but if you search around you might be able to find more info.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
The kit does come with 2 nozzle adapters and two blocking plugs. The plugs seal up the adapters if you chose not to use them.

Richard posting something a while back about emissions. Believe it or not I think that emissions were increased a fair amount when using WATER.

I don't really know much about it but if you search around you might be able to find more info.
Thanks Alex, I should have listed your name too.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Here is more emission info

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=emission
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xiaoni420
Thanks Alex, I should have listed your name too.
I'm glad to help.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:50 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by xiaoni420;
I want to thank Richard L and Jack once again for providing me with such an amazing kit, I really really appreciate it, you guys already know that. It is by far the best kit I have ever seen and now that I can see it in action, it proves itself once again. Aquamist ALL the way!

Thanks to AMS as well for providing me with the Intercooler piping and the small battery kit. Their products are top notch. Thanks to Santiago, Frank, Eric, Darius and every other AMS employee I spoke to on the phone, I appreciate your patients.

I have to give a huge thanks to my good friend Abner as well. Without him helping me with the install, I probably would have lost it time and time again but I let Abner do his thing when he wanted to and tried my best to stay out of his way. Abner and I decided to do a custom tank/pump setup because he always has been/is still concerned with his setup having the lines protruding out into the trunk, where is is possible for luggage, golf clubs, whatever it may be, hit the lines and cause damage or a leak. So here are some pics of the pump set in the middle of the 2 x 6 quart tanks.

Here are some install pics:

I have to give a final thanks to my friend Nick from DTM. I took a long trip down to Virginia to have Nick tune my car. All I can say is the "numbers" do not reflect the power that this car makes for all you dyno number queens out there. This car pulls harder than it ever has. My car used to make 340whp on this dyno without the alcohol before the dyno was recalibrated and setup with a brand new computer. I was alittle concerned myself, but by seeing and hearing it on the dyno, I knew it was making some serious power. Then I took it for a drive, enough said. Thanks again Nick for such a safe and quality tune. You have never let me down Beautiful curves, I must say.

Your welcome bud, it was good seeing you again. You and Abner did a nice job. the car is uber fast and it looks clean too.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: HFS-5 Installed and Tuned!