Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Labonte Meth Kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have any questions with installs always glad to help. Email, PM anytime and we will get right back to you.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 23r0k001
Think you have time to make a DIY out of it?????
Originally Posted by Labonte MotorSports
If you have any questions with installs always glad to help. Email, PM anytime and we will get right back to you.
A DIY thread would be very enlightening even if it's not on the Mozart level if you know what I mean. I've read several threads about installing methanol kits and it can get pretty intensive for those of us that have absolutely no skills at all. I'm more of a "I know what I want, but don't know how to do it, so I have to trust someone else to do it" kind of guy. If I do get the courage, believe me Dan, that initial "long" email that we've been going back and forth on, will start to grow like the matrix!
Old Apr 20, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

ok well I'll ne on the look out and ready to subscribe. Still have some items to get prior to actually wanting to do it myself and as neat as humanity possible. I'm all ears!!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

*** There are basically three similar threads on this topic that really need to be merged. ***

I read through the website this weekend and I'm pretty impressed with what I found. Before I get into that, I'm wondering (I understand the possible bias involved) how this kit compares with the Aquamist HFS 1/5 kits. I know those kits come with many pieces (from what I've read) and it's a pretty intensive installation. I was pleased to see that the kit comes with both the M6 and M8 nozzle to compensate for my set up. I thought about using my windshield wiper reservoir but I don't know if that's the best route. I was also thinking that with a mini-battery kit, that the tank with low-level switch (mounted in the same place) would be ideal. If that doesn't work, I know the trunk is always an option as well. So, if I'm correct, I would need to purchase the BBK-10, VC-25D (with white and red strip), and a tank equipped with the low-level indicator switch, right?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pure_evo
*** There are basically three similar threads on this topic that really need to be merged. ***

I read through the website this weekend and I'm pretty impressed with what I found. Before I get into that, I'm wondering (I understand the possible bias involved) how this kit compares with the Aquamist HFS 1/5 kits. I know those kits come with many pieces (from what I've read) and it's a pretty intensive installation. I was pleased to see that the kit comes with both the M6 and M8 nozzle to compensate for my set up. I thought about using my windshield wiper reservoir but I don't know if that's the best route. I was also thinking that with a mini-battery kit, that the tank with low-level switch (mounted in the same place) would be ideal. If that doesn't work, I know the trunk is always an option as well. So, if I'm correct, I would need to purchase the BBK-10, VC-25D (with white and red strip), and a tank equipped with the low-level indicator switch, right?
To be safe you would want to go with the IFS-10 (injection fail Safe) also. The BBK-10 is an add on to the IFS-10 and allows the IFS to bypass boost in the event a fault is triggered.

Let me know if you have more questions, glad to help.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Labonte MotorSports
To be safe you would want to go with the IFS-10 (injection fail Safe) also. The BBK-10 is an add on to the IFS-10 and allows the IFS to bypass boost in the event a fault is triggered.
Let me know if you have more questions, glad to help.
The more I read, the more familiar I get. When May comes around, I might just have to give this a shot and try to install it myself. Here's my first silly question in a line of many. Reading that the VC-25D controls flow and compensates for certain things, it's absolutely vital that I get another tune, right? I've also been juggling where to mount the tank.
Old May 4, 2008, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone got any pics of a Labonte kit installed in their Evo?
Old May 4, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone know which wire on the MAF needs to be connected to the yellow wire on the VC-25D? Thanks in advance.
Old May 4, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'll do mine this week. Just need to visit home depot for drill bits. I'll take some pics....

Last edited by 23r0k001; May 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alicea8541
Anyone know which wire on the MAF needs to be connected to the yellow wire on the VC-25D? Thanks in advance.
White wire with red stripe. I traced it to the harness, that runs behind the battery. Make sure you find the same gauge wire. Some people for some reason think the wire magical grows. lol
Old May 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Owens Racing
White wire with red stripe. I traced it to the harness, that runs behind the battery. Make sure you find the same gauge wire. Some people for some reason think the wire magical grows. lol
Thanks, Dan anwered my PM this morning too. Better than the usual no replies.
Old May 8, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Install and tune complete. Pain in the butt install but still able to be done by someone with minor abilities and a buddy. (Me and a buddy)
Problems that I ran into:
Which MAF wire to tap? White wire with red stripe, thanks to Owens Racing and Dan at Labonte.
Tank fitting- easy to drill, pain in the butt to actually get the fitting to actually grab and start threading into it.
What are the flow ratings of the jets? Not in the manuals, thanks to Dan at Labonte again. M8=200 in case you will be running it with an IFS-10
Red LED- never states in the manual what it is for, thanks to Dan for the help again. Tapped into green wire on IFS-10 and ground, lets you know if the IFS-10 has detected a fault and is sending 12-volt signal to boost bypass solenoid. It also blinks once shortly after going WOT, freaked me out the first time.
Where to run line? Inside the car passenger side, tried outside underneath and didn't look like I would make it with the supplied line. I say include 20-25 feet instead of 15.
What I like about the kit:
Easy to get started with the tuning process
Great customer service
HP/$ ratio is good
Boost bypass solenoid works, I know from experience
Old May 8, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

+30 hp/+35 tq on stock turbo
Old May 10, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Started this morning and came back upstairs at 4PM. Basically prepared and mounted the tank with level meter, the pump, and ran the small lines between the pump and the tank. Tried to run from the pump in the TRUNK to the engine via under the car(within he free space of the gas lines) but you cant. 15 feet def. aint enough. the 15 feed only made it to the test pipe, you def need 25 feet. Where can I find that line..Home Depot?

Ill continue on Sunday or during the week. Im taking my time since the pictures are worth a thousand words. ALICEA8541...where did you mount the control box? Im planning to get the Failsafe which means I need space for both my VCS3G controller and the Failsafe.

Also where did you put the pump Solenoid? I found a nice L bracket that fits into 1 on the holes and would sit nicely attached to the topmost area on the firewall.

I figure if their is enough space I can route a line from the bottom coming up on the drivers/middle area up into the pump Solenoid and into the nozzle. But Im trying to think ahead since the line also routes through the Failsafe box(I gotta buy it first(sometime this week)).

Labonte MotorSports: If I was to get the failsafe does it come with the same adapter plug as the VCS3G controller? Any chance their is some kind of adapter with both female adapter so they can just plug into each other? And finally where can I get that spec meth lines?

Please Advise,
Old May 10, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 23r0k001
Started this morning and came back upstairs at 4PM. Basically prepared and mounted the tank with level meter, the pump, and ran the small lines between the pump and the tank. Tried to run from the pump in the TRUNK to the engine via under the car(within he free space of the gas lines) but you cant. 15 feet def. aint enough. the 15 feed only made it to the test pipe, you def need 25 feet. Where can I find that line..Home Depot?

Ill continue on Sunday or during the week. Im taking my time since the pictures are worth a thousand words. ALICEA8541...where did you mount the control box? Im planning to get the Failsafe which means I need space for both my VCS3G controller and the Failsafe.

Also where did you put the pump Solenoid? I found a nice L bracket that fits into 1 on the holes and would sit nicely attached to the topmost area on the firewall.

I figure if their is enough space I can route a line from the bottom coming up on the drivers/middle area up into the pump Solenoid and into the nozzle. But Im trying to think ahead since the line also routes through the Failsafe box(I gotta buy it first(sometime this week)).

Labonte MotorSports: If I was to get the failsafe does it come with the same adapter plug as the VCS3G controller? Any chance their is some kind of adapter with both female adapter so they can just plug into each other? And finally where can I get that spec meth lines?

Please Advise,
I mounted the control box inside the car, passenger side, inside the forward most plastic panel. My boost line runs underneath the glove box area so I tapped it there. My failsafe is mounted to the firewall right over the VIN plate. Solenoid is between the two bars of the strut bar secured with zip ties. Have to come up with a new location for that but it was good for the initial install and tune. I also need some more line so I can move the solenoid to another spot but have no clue where to get it. Anyone???

Quick Reply: Labonte Meth Kit