Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

New Pump and Check Valve for AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Pump and Check Valve for AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kits

Aquatec had been knocking on our door for a while to get us to switch pumps and we finally took the plunge. It's got everything you'd expect a good pump to have: 250 psi outlet pressure, internal bypass for smooth fluid delivery, EPDM & Santoprene seals and valves, and integral inlet/outlet fittings. This pump is now standard in all of our injection kits and it can also be purchased separatly to update existing systems.

I don't know about you guys but I've never been a big fan of the check valve that we've included in our kits. It's always kind of stuck out and looked less than pretty. Well I think we've fixed that problem with our new injector bodies that have an integrated check valve. The bodies are CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum which are then hard anodized in black and laser etched with the AEM logo. The check valve is housed inside the body and the whole assembly is capped off with a high quality threaded fitting. These new injectors with integrated check valve are also now standard in all AEM injection kits.

As always, you can get more info on our water/methanol injection kits or any of our performance electronics products at http://www.aemelectronics.com/.

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:18 AM
Account Disabled

I also want to give you guys a little teaser on a new water/methanol injection product that we'll be releasing soon. We're testing a few units now and once we wrap up development we'll launch an official release. I'm really excited about this new product and I think you guys will be too.

Last edited by NS@AEM; Aug 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by NS@AEM
I also want to give you guys a little teaser on a new water/methanol injection product that we'll be releasing soon. We're testing a few units now and once we wrap up development we'll launch an official release. I'm really excited about this new product and I think you guys will be too.
Wow that is a tease...I was considering buying the water/meth injection kit soon...does this mysterious new product you are talking about replace that or is it an additional item to purchase that compliments the kit? I just want to make sure I don't regret buying the kit now and then some new **** comes out a month later.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

The new product is complimentary to any injection system that uses 1/4" od tubing.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:05 PM
Account Disabled

Back to the new aluminum injector & nozzle assemblies for a sec, they actually weigh almost half as much as the old stainless steel injectors. The new ones feel light in your hand where the old ones feel like you could do some serious damage should you choose to use it as a projectile. Just sayin...
Old Aug 9, 2010, 06:49 PM

how much for just the check valve?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:13 PM
Account Disabled

The new injector with check valve is available in the extra nozzle kit (AEM part# 30-3012). Street price should be about $55.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:48 PM

So I can't buy just the check valve?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

The check valve is built into the injector and it will only go into the new style body. The check valves themselves are not available separately and will not work with the older style injectors. In order to upgrade to the new injector with built-in check valve you would need to purchase an extra nozzle kit.