Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Cali street racing=good bye car?

Old Jul 2, 2003, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
organized street racing is a safe, free family activity. Everyone should take part in it.

Old Jul 2, 2003, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by near_REDLINE
i think in the first offence its ticket and 30 day impound and you walk your *** home........2nd go to jail dont collect 200 dollers and bye bye car.....so if you race it make sure the car isnt in your name that way you can say you took it and raced it and the person whome the name its under can get it back for u..
I dont think that matters. I know w/the DWI law it doesn't matter if the car you're driving isn't yours- its still getting impounded and auctioned.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 12:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New law took a while to pass as it kept getting shot down. Then more and more deaths occured. Even after passing the law about just watching gets you a $1000 fine or 6 months in jail(you choose) there will still illegals killing people. Thus the law passed. Basically it is for any illegal racing... meaning even if your not at an event. They take the car and sell at private action. You are tried and sentenced to jail time as well. As for car payment if its yours you must still pay. If it's your parents/rental/etc. they will be present as well in order to contest liability and force you to have to pay for their loss then and there. Either way you go to jail and you pay for a car you don't have anymore. The auction is a closed auction meaning the state invites you to it. All who are invited are considered not related to cases and must sign form stating such. Thus they are insuring you'll never get it back! IT SUCKS but its a good thing as well. Four people just died in a race only a week or so ago. They weren't even involved in race just pulling onto street! I think its a good law... especially with all the race tracks, even though 1/8th miles, opening up now.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

BS it's a good law, America is the only country where there's too many laws to protect the stupid... wear your seatbelt law, no smoking law, etc... what horsecrap... if I want to be a spectator at a street race and get killed, that's my fault, not for the law to decide... spectators get killed in real rallys sometimes... America has too many f8cking laws f8cking lawyers and lawmakers have nothing else to do and get paid too much....
Old Jul 6, 2003, 02:01 AM

Street Racing is soooo not worth the risk.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by suyfergirl
Street Racing is soooo not worth the risk.
girl ur tripppin, i got caught up last year but i would do it agian, a nsd ya, ima little faded but ya they jus pasdd that lagw they other day its wack but jus goto tracks now, epeace

--BONI ORGINAL PIMP
Old Jul 6, 2003, 03:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a little faded... i'd say your gone BONI Good meeting you though. Hope that idea for your boost works out.