Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How do you get at the front speakers?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
How do you get at the front speakers?

Does anyone have a guide or pictures on how to get access to the front and rear speakers? I am sure its easy but i just want to make sure i don't break any tabs or anything while trying toget at them.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the door panels off.

There are 3 screws - one behind a little cover that is behind the door handle that you use to open the door from the inside (pry the flap open with a screwdriver), one behind the ~1" by ~1" plastic cover that's behind the handle you grab to shut the door from the inside, and one screw that's behind a little round cover that's on the outer edge of the door panel near the top (round cover pops off).

After that it's all plastic pressure clips that hold it on. Just work from the bottom around the door panel and pull straight off. The door panel "hangs" on the upper edge like any other door panel I've ever removed. There are plugs behind it for the power windows and locks, and cables for the physical lock switch and door open switch that come off (self explanatory once you look at it). Be careful not to break the little clips that hold those cables in place.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by i64X
Take the door panels off.

one behind the ~1" by ~1" plastic cover that's behind the handle you grab to shut the door from the inside, (round cover pops off).
When you pry this one out, start on the side towards the rear of the car. Since the hindge is towards the front, at least that's how it is on the passenger front door.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense.