Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Weird noise after oil change in the X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 08:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird noise after oil change in the X

i just changed my oil today, put Mobil 1 5w-30 fully synthetic in. Put 5 quarts exactly, a new k&n oil filter. I drive it around after and it seems good. Once I'm leaving my friends house, where I do the oil change, I'm going down the road and I hear something under my car, it sounds like I'm dragging some of the plastics, like they fell off and they're dragging. Doing a pull I hear nothing wrong, idling sounds perfect, but when I go from 2500-4000 Rpms I hear that noise. I checked the oil and it's fine, but I'm gonna let it sit over night then check it again and drive it. Never heard this before. I looke
d under the car and nothing was loose or hanging. Not sure what it is. Any help? I did out sea foam in the gas tank, I heard that may cause problems with noises but only the gas tank, I heard that the noises come from putting it in the engine. Not sure

Last edited by dk3Jdefje1X; Jan 10, 2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
First things first, if you think something is wrong, the last thing you wanna do is go WOT. You never know what can be wrong lol

If I had to guess, I would say its either the fender liner rubbing the tire. (Even if its not rubbing at idle it can be at cruising speeds, so wiggle it a bit and see if its loose) Other than that if you have the factory under tray on, make sure its secure. If the front of it isn't fully attached and it get pulled down with the wind it'll scrape.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jakgal04
First things first, if you think something is wrong, the last thing you wanna do is go WOT. You never know what can be wrong lol

If I had to guess, I would say its either the fender liner rubbing the tire. (Even if its not rubbing at idle it can be at cruising speeds, so wiggle it a bit and see if its loose) Other than that if you have the factory under tray on, make sure its secure. If the front of it isn't fully attached and it get pulled down with the wind it'll scrape.
my car seems to be running better now that I put the sea foam/new oil in it. I think it's the under tray so im going to jack it up today and see.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:10 PM

Just want to note that if you are putting sea foam in the fuel tank, you are effectively puttion it in the engine. If you mixed it in accordance with the instructions, there shouldn't be a problem.
It's hard to see anything under the car as everything is covered with plastics... you might need to get under and inspect closely...
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say double check the under tray for anything loose I would hear a similar noise getting up to speeds and it turned out to be a couple small pieces of the under tray..
Old Jan 12, 2017, 07:53 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Weird that you only hear it from 2500-4000 rpms. Did you find the problem? Like posted above... I'd start with checking all the plastics.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 01:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by .M.
Weird that you only hear it from 2500-4000 rpms. Did you find the problem? Like posted above... I'd start with checking all the plastics.
im an idiot, one of the plastics came loose. It was right behind my front lip so I couldn't see it because I looked at the car from the side. Stupid me
Old Jan 12, 2017, 01:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Olegator
Just want to note that if you are putting sea foam in the fuel tank, you are effectively puttion it in the engine. If you mixed it in accordance with the instructions, there shouldn't be a problem.
It's hard to see anything under the car as everything is covered with plastics... you might need to get under and inspect closely...
i did it right, and my knock count is 1-0 now. It use to jump to 4. The tank of gas was used and refilled.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 07:02 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by JacksonEvoX
im an idiot, one of the plastics came loose. It was right behind my front lip so I couldn't see it because I looked at the car from the side. Stupid me
No big deal. Good thing it was a small/easy fix