Notices

Throttle Body Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
$ I know, easy to spend, hard to get. At least your car is almost paid up, and it sounds like the TLC it needs is straightforward to do and not expensive. Soon you could simply put some of the money that would go for payments into those fixes.

Last edited by RalliartN; Jun 14, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats what im hoping for, after its paid off ill fix/mod...but i know my wife is going to be more like..."hey now that the car is paid off...i can go shopping more! yay!, and buy more stuff we dont need! yay!...etc"

rt now aside from the trans it's all easy not too expensive things it needs...but ive already put over $1k in it...(5tires - had a bubble a while back, 4struts, 4 swaybar links, like 7 tierods - inners and outters and rt now i have another bad inner wtf!?, timing belt stuff and)

last year i was like inches away from getting a udp(from a member on here) and downpipe(from otter), but i ended up not buying them, kuzz we needed the $ after i already agreed to buy them, so i had to tell them sorry i cant...i even sent in the payment for the udp and had to tell the guy to send it back..grr

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jun 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sa215ol
I don't have my own personal dyno, but on club 4g, (eclipse 4g forum) it's a known fact where numerous people have dyno'd and had power loss. The ecu tries to over adjust for it causing you to lose top end hp. Everyone will notice better throttle response, which will make it *feel* like you gained power and tq but in reality until you tune you won't gain anything.

Also, I did a before 0-120mph run and a after 0-120 mph run, on the same day, that I did the swap and on the same road, and it took me about 1.5-2 seconds longer to make it to 120.
I've been a member of c4g for about 3 years now, do you have a link to the dyno runs?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think you would lose high end if anything you would gain the faster the engine spins the less air that can get into the combustion chamber raise the amount of air flow and more air can get in the cylinder and with more air you have to match it with fuel im sure the ecu can compensate for this but when too much air starts to flow it can't compensate and runs lean.. Probably in colder climates where the air is denser.. I would think if you match it with bigger injectors it wouldn't throw a code.. Sa215ol I've noticed a big difference the day after installing mine than it comes and goes where the car would pull hard one day and the next feel like the old TB
Old May 25, 2017, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing a TB from an 05 outlander this weekend when my DC sports CAI comes in. I'll let you guys know if it's any bigger.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:57 PM

Coolant bypass

Originally Posted by ralliart610
Only took me about 10 min. I already had the coolent bypass so it was just intake, sensor, and bolts. One of the best mods i did.
I'm wondering how you did the coolant bypass? My evo x tb is hitting the hard coolant line
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:00 PM

Evo X not drivable after upgrade

Originally Posted by lancerralli06
Raikiri pretty much said it all.

.5) First disconnect the battery.
1) I took my front strut bar off so you have a bit more room.
2) Then unplug the throttle position sensor.
3) Unbolt the 4 bolts on the throttle body.
3.5) Take the stock gasket out because you will reuse this with the new one.
4) Slide the hose clamps down the 2 coolant hoses on the throttle body.
5) Next, Take a vise grip to squeeze one hose and lock it when you pull it off, then take a pliers and wiggle the other one off while holding it squeezed as well so no coolant comes out.
6) Set the old TB aside and set the new TB in its place.
7) Connect the coolant hoses and slide the hose clamps in place.
8)Reuse the stock gasket and use the 4 bolts to bolt the new TB in place.
9) Plug in the TPS.
10) Let the car idle for like 15min
11. You should be good to go!

Did everything on here with a 63 mm endeavor tb on my evo x mr and now my idle is all over the place and I can't drive the car... Is there anything needed to do after I replace the tb? My tuner says that both the pedal sensor and tb sensor don't have the same voltage now so this is why it's not working properly. Any ideas?