Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

What ECU are you using?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^if you plan on buying the turbo from the same company as the piggy, try emailing them and see if they use the same unit for their turbo and if they'd ship the turbo with a copy of the turbo map instead of a whole new piggy.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

I currently have the Haltech E8 on my car and it works perfectly there are no limitations at all with this unit and Haltech are about to release a new firmware for this ECU - I am no tuner by any means but watching RPW do small tuning alterations to the car via a laptop it is incrediably easy to follow and understand and make adjustments on...

The E6 is also suitable for the engine as well but I really do recommend if you are looking at wanting very big turbo/hp numbers then you deffinately need a very good ecu the E8 will be more than enough for what you need
Old Nov 13, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'm running the Megasquirt MSII v 3.0
Old Nov 13, 2006, 09:35 AM

I have just called AEM, and they said that they do not make EMS for the 2.4L Ralliarts. They make it for 2000 to 2003. they did say however that, if just the displacement was different between the 2.0L and the 2.4L MIVEC, I could use the EMS and make it work. Anyone know anything about this? I also sent an email to Haltech, hopefully they can give me an answer.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YEa. There is no AEM EMS for the Ralliart. Haltechs work well just sucks to wire them in the old school way. They made plug and play and I have not heard of it yet.

ROAD/RACE
Old Nov 13, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnathanKong
I also sent an email to Haltech, hopefully they can give me an answer.
I am not sure if Haltech has fully approved it or not but I do know that David from RPW has or can make up the harness so that it is a plug and play Haltech here in Australia are aware of the harness and the R&D work that they have done to my car but I would not like to say for certain that Haltech over in the U.S would know all about it yet...

Best thing would be to send David (Mitsiman) a pm or email him at davidt@iinet.net.au at least this way you will get the most accurate answers in regards to a Haltech's use on this type of engine hope that helps a little
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

well you can use the AEM system and it will work on the Ralliart,but you will need to use the shift light option to activate your mivec system
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ModernRacer
well you can use the AEM system and it will work on the Ralliart,but you will need to use the shift light option to activate your mivec system
So that means that I can just grab the AEM ECU for the 2003 lancers, drop it into my Ralliart, and tune?

Also, I have been researching a system called "Simple Digital System". Anyone heard of this? Is it any good? It's cheap, but I don't want to put something crappy in my car. When I came accross it, it sounded familar, well the SDS sounded fimilar, so I'm wondering it this is a good option to take. This is the web site:
http://www.sdsefi.com/
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i a have heard of SDS but i don't know much about them, all i can say is do your homework and then you can choose the right setup for your aplication.

-Kevin
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:43 AM

OK, thanks for the help guys. Guess I have to do a lot more reading.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
YEa. There is no AEM EMS for the Ralliart. Haltechs work well just sucks to wire them in the old school way. They made plug and play and I have not heard of it yet.

ROAD/RACE
Did someone say plug and play adapter?!?! You guys finally gonna make one? (sorry Rock, I couldn't help myself Just be glad I didn't dredge up the old thread too!)

I'll now return to the murky bottom of the deep...
Old Nov 17, 2006, 03:30 PM

We may start selling just our engine management setup for the RA. Someone down for that?

ROAD/RACE
That would be awesome for the do it yourself guys.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We may start selling just our engine management setup for the RA. Someone down for that?

ROAD/RACE

Any update on this?
Old Nov 23, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At this time to my knowledge ther eis no full EMS system out ther ewhich can run the ralliart model for several reasons which is also why there is no piggy back that will do ignition timing (Yet wait for the haltech interceptor release which will)

The reasons being

(A) Fly by wire - there is no ECU except for Motec which can run the fly by wire tb setup but that wont work because

(B) The crank trigger on the ralliart is completely different to any other design and any aftermarket ECU package cannot read it at all. You can't modify it cause it will screw up the fly by wire.

So any aftermarket ECU package has to be hardwired into the factory ecu wiring (We are working on a plug and play option right now) as you HAVE to run the factory ecu in conjunction with the aftermarket so that the fly by wire system still works.

Both the haltech E6X and the E8 packages can run the RA no problems at all. BUt that is because RPW provides a couple of extra items to make it all work in parallel with teh stock ECU system. Won't say too much there cause we don't want to give away all the R&D work we did ourselves.

Prices on these "Software Kits" for the RA as a plug and play package are being finalised now and should be uploaded to our website in the next two weeks.

Meanwhiel if anyone wants something like this they can be ordered anytime but just ned to contact me via email for pricing etc.

BUt beleive me - you don't want to try the cheaper systems like wolf or microtech on these vehicles. Stick with the upper level brands like Haltech, Motec or Autronic. Either of these three systems we are adapting to the RA models now, but Haltech will always be our first choice of systems.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well if your rich and have enough money to buy the Motec or Haltec systems then fine, but i have heard of other people and even know of a few that are runing other types of Piggy back or complet stand alone units and have had very good sucess with those units, so to say that the only choice, or so it seems is Motec or Haltec is a little beyond the truth...but who i am i to correct anyone, just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: What ECU are you using?