Notices

CAMCON cc-101

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CAMCON cc-101

I just ran across an article on the new IT mag about this CAMCON cc-101 controller for the Toyota VVT and Honda VTEC engines and i wrote the company an email asking if it works with MIVEC or if they can make it work with it considering Lancer Ralliart is a MIVEC and eclipse and Evo IX are coming out with MIVEC engines they should be geting more customers from the Mitsu side that the Toyota side..as soon as i get info back ill post it..i believe the price is in the lower 400's and the test car that IT did was a Celica GT-S before tuning with this controller was 143.6 hp and 107.2 lb-ft on the dyno ,ending result after tuning was 157.7hp and 116.3 lb-ft. and the power increase was as much as 16-17hp in the mid range to redline with minimums of 9 hp ...hell i pay 400 and some change for one of those...
Old May 30, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has lots of info. Also mivec is oil controlled and vtec is mechanical.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...vec+controller
Old May 30, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

this is good, because if it works for the celica GTS (which is oil controlled), than it should work great for the MIVEC (oil controlled) aswell.
Old May 31, 2005, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

you guys have no clue how mivec vs vtec vs vvti works

both mivec and vtec is oil controlled..

vvti is electronics

-joe
Old May 31, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

mivec vtec vvt who cares ;l
Old May 31, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

-

Calm down guys... the only important thing to know is: does it work? And if not, will it in the near future? So wait for evilralliart to post whatever answer he gets from the company.

The way I see it, if you can write software that works for most VVT engines, you probably can write some code for the MIVEC as well. Let's just hope they see an opportunity in this so that some guys in here can benefit from it...

-
Old May 31, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Well put! I'm tired of reading non informitive or "slam" posts.

We'll wait for evilralliart to post his (the companies) findings and see if it works. I could really care less HOW its controlled. If the product works then that is all that matters.
Old May 31, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

I for one would care how it's controlled because thats where a problem can lay....

Like the 13 cent resistors on ebay that send your ecu a colder signal from the intake... They "Work" but they also damage things.

I'm more concerned on the reliability of a product and how it works than if it just plugs in and runs...

I hope no one takes offence to this in light of all the slams.

But seeing the reputation of the company I doubt they'll build anything scandalous.
Old May 31, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Smile

Originally Posted by DiamondWhite
But seeing the reputation of the company I doubt they'll build anything scandalous.
That's also my take on things... and why I think there is hope yet for a nice VVT controller for the RA. These guys represent our best hope yet for such a product... and I hope they also reply to their e-mails from time to time.

-
Old May 31, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
That's also my take on things... and why I think there is hope yet for a nice VVT controller for the RA. These guys represent our best hope yet for such a product... and I hope they also reply to their e-mails from time to time.

-

If they get all this figured out, wouldn't it be easier to "Hack" into their box to possibly learn how to run SAFC and change timing... i know computers but not so much car stuff.
Old May 31, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

-

Uh... well, it's not as easy as it may seem.

This box could be running on any technology out there. Unless it's specifically meant to be accessed unsing an external port and matching conversion circuit and algorythm, you'd have to be quite the master at electronics and computer programming to be able to get any data out of the thing... never mind reproducing the same result on a custom controller.

The only way I can see of reproducing the same result on another box would be to intercept and record the input and output signal unsing some laptop interface (like the one used to plug-in to the EBDII port), figure out when specific events are happening and then program a brand new box of your own design to produce the same control signals.

-
Old May 31, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it took Import Tuner mag like 16 dyno runs to get the most out of the Celica...no reply yet from the company..o by the way the company name is Power Enterprise USA out of Irvine,CA. www.powerenterpriseusa.net
Old Jun 16, 2005, 12:32 PM

I have checked with PE USA and it will not work with MIVEC engine