looks good Thrice
Old Jan 23, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that looks great man, excellent job.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys !...I'll post other pictures next week of my own radio relocation kit... I'm working too, on a front lip, a little bit like an APR lip ...Aftershock UDP and maybe a cam are the next step for this summer...I'll keep posting.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

just got an injen CAI! only installed SRI for now, maybe i'll do the CAi this weekend, but is there a bigger difference i should expect? regarding sound, feel, etc?im pretty happy with the SRI now
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

anyone heard anything on the weapon R intake?? Im going to try and find the video of a camparison of that intake and another one.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

maybe this is a stupid question but is htere a big temp change in the air going into your engine between sri and cai? because with a cai wouldnt the piping in the engine bay heat up anyway wich would heat the air going into the motor?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

^if the CAI is coated to protect from heat, then it will suck in alot cooler air than the SRI after a bit of driving.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

i think it will suck a lot more cold air regardless becuz with a short ram, the cone filter is right next to the engine and depending on how much driving u do, it can have hot air going inside. with the cold air, you shouldn't even worry about it
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Well i just went and picked up a AEM cai locally from nopi...usually they are higher than everyone but this was cheaper than anywhere i could find online. Thats one good thing about living 10 min away from the main Nopi Office, can just walk in and pick up items than any other shop would have to order. Gonna install it this weekend when i change my oil. Looks well made too, and it never rains bad enough here for me to drive through a puddle deep enough to get it wet.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stEVOx
^if the CAI is coated to protect from heat, then it will suck in alot cooler air than the SRI after a bit of driving.
it will do so either way. it's called cold air intake for a reason. the air moves so quickly through the tube there is no time to heat it, so whatever temp it comes in it doesn't raise it much.

the sri suffers from heat soak, otherwise it is better than the CAI. with a CAI you always suffer some low end TQ. that's the swap out between the two, not heat between them but the positives and negatives of each. that's also why you can't actually come out and say one is better, and why most vehicles with well designed systems have ram or at least unimpeded air flowing into a cavity with the filter (main source of restriction, amplifies the affect the tube has on the air) as close to the engine as possible.

check out the heat shield above, getting closer to ideal with that. also means he's getting closer to the CAI in temperature without the negative affect on TQ.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Kind of a noob here, so excuse my ignorance, but just verifying something here.

I'm getting a CAI and live in Saskatchewan. We have a moderate amount of rain in the summer, but in the spring when the snow is melting there are quite a few puddles which are sometimes deep.

Would I need to get something like a bypass valve for the CAI? The chances of it fully submerging are pretty slim I would say, but you never know.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

It can rain pretty hard here but never got the filter wet, you should be fine
Old Apr 8, 2008, 02:06 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
A bypass valve isn't a bad insurance policy, however, it's better to just drive around the deep puddles if possible.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the quick replies. Especially when the snow melts, a lot of the puddles are unavoidable. Not only that but they often look small but end up being a lot deeper than they look. I think I'll pick up a bypass valve just to be safe.

The Injen intake I'm looking at has a 2.75" pipe size so I'm guessing I'll need the same size bypass valve. Thanks again.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

well what about prefilters...how well will those work...ive heard that theyll just get torn apart by the force of the air being sucked in...is that true...cause i dont wanna take the risk of getting hydrolock...

Quick Reply: Official "CAI vs SRI" Thread