Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car and Driver Comparo is out

Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
Oh god can someone please execute this thread.
C'mon, this thread just keeps on giving.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

No man this is dead. It got the swine flu a long time ago.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
That is caused by poor marketing and advertising.. the consumer does not know the reality cause mitsu wont advertise properly at all.. once the 99 eclipse was gone the consumers abandoned mitsu. yes the evo is great and greater than the 99 eclipse ever was but mitsu did not market that car like they did the 99 eclipse.. So once the ugly redesigned eclips failed itsu decide to start pushing the evo to the common consumer but again its too little to late the brand had already fallen off the consumers radar..
Hum yeah, I seriously believe they need to do something BIG if they want to regain customer's confidence; and I mean something really really really big and weird and drastic and that means spending a lot more money, on a company already bleeding to death (at least here in the US)

I also think this thread shouldn't reach 100 pages
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

I never see a Mitsu commercial. When the RA came out there were a few weeks and when the EVO came out there were a few weeks. If you know the car, you got the commercial. If you did not, you had no clue about what it was.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
I never see a Mitsu commercial. When the RA came out there were a few weeks and when the EVO came out there were a few weeks. If you know the car, you got the commercial. If you did not, you had no clue about what it was.
I can't beleive i'm adding to this thread but i do see the RA commercial on TV quite abit and also the Outlander. And the radio commercial for the Ralliart/Lancer where the guy curses play all the time. I doubt Mitsu will be leaving, i do agree that they need better salesmen and service guys but one major problem is car design. The Lancer and Outlander are great but they needs to update the Eclipse badly (they squeezed as much as they can out of the 'tear drop' design) it needs to be more sporty and built on the Lancer platforms, maybe jus alittle stretched to fit a V6. And also the Galant, that car is freakin solid and strong the only real drawback is its design, if they use the ZT concept they will have a hit. And then the Endeavor another good vehicle but the design is a turn off. Mitsu waits too late to update their cars so they always seem left behind. The Lancer/Outlander are probably the only vehicles that are up to date. I won't even touch on the Raider (Colossal FAIL!!!) When i worked as a salesman i took one for a test drive with some customers and the back wheel fell off as we were driving (i have pics).

I've always loved Mitsubishi, i grew up around them and i kno that they don't have a great reputation here in the US but neither did Hyundai and Kia but they are outselling alot of other brands right now and are make great cars for less $. If Mitsu take notes at what they are doin they may do alot better.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

And Suzuki should pull out. But keep their bike and watercraft division in the US. The XL7 too little, too late, and too big for the fuel prices. Grand Vitara better than you may expect but just not enough to keep them afloat. The Equator just a rebadged Tocoma, and the SX4 is a good concept but poor execution. RRM did prove that it can be made into a beast but the tuner crowd is not attracted to it.