Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car doesn't "beep" anymore when I lock doors

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumping this old thread.

I just started having this issue, beep sounds when locking/unlocking the car with the FAST Key really sounds hardly audible.

Has anybody who ever had this issue resolved it?

Thanks.

-Mike
Old Jun 17, 2013, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Since new, my car has not beeped unless I lock it twice. First time I lock it, it locks. But to hear the beep I have to lock it again. Maybe that's one of the settings that you guys have mentioned.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FASTER345
Since new, my car has not beeped unless I lock it twice. First time I lock it, it locks. But to hear the beep I have to lock it again. Maybe that's one of the settings that you guys have mentioned.
That should be normal when using the fast key and not using the black button on the side of the door handle.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 05:46 AM

Mine has also started sounding extremely quiet (at first I thought it wasn't making any sound at all). There has been a lot of snow the past few days, I originally thought it might be muffled by some snow accumulation...but I'm not sure where the unit is. I couldn't find anything about changing the volume levels in the manual.

Does anyone know how to change the volume level? Can anyone tell me where it is located?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by getek20
Yes, all the doors still lock and the lights flash, but the "beep" is gone. I gave my girlfriend the car keys while on vacation and I'm guessing she changed something without knowing. I'm just not sure where to start my search...
What is the MMCS you speak of?
a

The lock button on the key fob was pushed while the driver side door was still open, which deactivated the horn beep on lock feature. All you need to do is push both the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on the key fob and hold for 2 seconds. Your horn should beep, lights should flash, problem should be solved. The other cause for this is the need for a battery replacement in your key fob. Hope it works!