Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Plasti dipped hood scoop on a Tarmac Black Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kissmeblind
Have you read the entire thread?... OP did little research and thought he knew it all.
Yeah I read it on the 10th I think and had the link handy. I't wasn't as long or had the dipyourcar guy's response. Dip away
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PistenBoy
Looks good man!! And your right, no one else has posted a pik of a plasti-dipped bonnet scoop on a black RA =D Cheers!

Whats it like after a rain? Does it get all white spotty like standard paint? Or is it not noticeable??
Sorry, just read this. Don't notice any water spots, but I take it through the car wash almost every day. The wax from the car wash makes the water bead up on the dip just like clear coat. The matte clear plasti dip is more like a satin finish. Not a true matte finish, but far from glossy. I go through the automatic car wash about 5 times a week and it looks like the day I had it painted. I'm gonna peel it after this winter just to see how everything looks underneath it. Not worried about it, cause I know many people who have dipped whole car with no problems. Then I'll either do a dark grey dip or clear again.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

I think it looks good. If I still had my car, I would do this.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 04:47 PM

I'm going to paint mine with trim paint so it's permanent. It looks like **** right now. Wicked White and it looks like a different color compared to the hood. I think the trim paint will match the other two vents as far as color. Anyone else ever painted theirs with something other than Plastidip ?