Notices

eibach pro kits vs tein-s tech lowering springs??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks i will check out those links

I never personally had a prob with eibach but that was on a different platform

Jay I do love the tein drop but in the NY area I think its way too low. I fear every time I go over a large dip or pothole (which there are a lot of). The Eibach or swift should give me a good drop, enough to be satisfied, without making me cringe.

I will prob go swift if I can. Right now I have some stock springs in the mail (found them for cheap since someone had them collecting dust and they went coils shortly after buying their ralliart so the springs are almost new). I will swap these on and try to sell the tein and then see what happens.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I would stay away from S-tech's. They are the worst springs you can get, total garbage. They ride ON the bump stops and turn your geometry up side down. Too low.. too soft.. kills handling. You'll be buying new struts in no time.

I would probably stick with these:
Swift Sports or Spec r's
Gtworx
Robispec

Last edited by badev0; Apr 28, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

^^Not true. To each their own though. I have over 70,000 miles on my car and have not once changed my struts. My car is a daily driver on roads with terrible pot holes (midwest winters kill them) and IMO my Ralliart handled perfectly with the S-Techs. Much better than the Eibachs if you ask me. I was happy with the Teins over the past two years of having them and honestly theres just too much wheel gap with any of the others except for the Eibachs Sportlines. The Pro-Kit left much to be desired and was always asked if I were even lowered when they were installed (which at a car show annoyed me). Im no longer on springs but I was super happy with the Teins especially for the price I paid!
Old May 8, 2015, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, for the long haul are coil overs a better investment than just lowering springs? I was thinking of improving my suspension and I also don't plan on tracking the car, but I do some aggressive driving/windy roads on occasion.
I've read pretty much a 50/50 on either path ways, but I personally don't want to have to adjust height of shocks all the time depending on driving, but I would feel more comfortable with something I wont have to worry about neither.
* I plan as well to keep stock rims until next year, and at winter change summer tires to winter. Hopefully, get a new set of rims and keep the summer tires.
Old May 9, 2015, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
After having coilovers for so long I could never go back to spring/strut set ups.

I used to have Eibachs and they were great for what they were. I wouldn't do S-Techs on stock struts.
Not trying to be a dick but how are your coilovers not a spring/strut combo?
Old May 9, 2015, 05:21 PM

Both are solid springs but I prefer the Teins.