Notices

4wd and asc off lights on after coilover install

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4wd and asc off lights on after coilover install

Hey guys. Just installed my BC BR type coilovers today. Love em. Totally out of alignment now though. infact, my wheel is about 10 degrees right to go straight. I'm pretty sure this is what caused both my 4wd service light and ASC to go off at the same time. Especially as I literally just had my ACD pump replaced by mitsu yesterday.

Basically I just want to have some piece of mind that it's the alignment that's needed and nothing else. Everything else is hooked back up okay
Old May 27, 2014, 07:11 PM

Get it aligned and see what happens. Should get an alignment after any suspension work anyways. I think our cars are more affected because of the nature of the AWC system.
Old May 28, 2014, 05:35 AM

you sure u didn't break a sensor? my friend broke a wheel speed sensor on his rx8 when he installed his coilovers. ABS, Traction and Stability control lights came on when that happened. The sensor didn't look like it was broke until we pulled it out.
Old May 28, 2014, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If it's only the AWC and ASC lights, then it's probably the alignment. When you break a wheel-speed sensor, you usually get all three lights; the above two, plus ABS. 99% likely that the alignment will solve the problem.
Old May 28, 2014, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Why don't you think the codes are related tot he 'new' ACD pump? Good maintenance at the dealership would have been to clear codes (or find out why they are being generated now)...

I would first suspect the dealership work...
Old May 28, 2014, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Two reasons. Let's do the embarrassing one first: because I didn't read the first post carefully enough to see no evidence that the pump replacement was done correctly. Now the better reason: because a bad pump will only trigger an AWC issue; it won't affect the ASC.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:27 AM

Ok just finished alignment. God I love these coilovers.....Anyway, the lights still pop up but I assume that's because they have to either be cleared or maybe the steering wheel sensor has to be recalibrated. Will try clearing while I'm re-flashing GST map today. If not I'll see if I can get it recalibrated.

And btw, given how far out of alignment I was, I'm pretty sure it was the issue. The dealer did clear the codes after the install. These lights came up the next day almost immediately following the coilover install. Btw the steering wheel was out almost 45 degrees, lol
Old May 28, 2014, 01:39 PM

Hey so update guys. All the lights turned off by themselves on the second drive since alignment
Old May 28, 2014, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, yeah. I can't really claim full marks for my prediction given that I failed to mention cycling the ECU a few times afterwards. Phui. But happy for you.