Notices

Replcaing Rallliart Seats with Recaro

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lookitznite
jebus..8k for recaro seats...I mean they are great seats but I don't think I would ever imagine myself spending that much for a seat. This is a side note; going off subject here but I was thinkin to trade my red ralliart in for a white one and pay the difference and go through the finance part again...they said if i would to paint my entire car white it would lose great value...is that true? I mean i plan to keep the car so it doesn't really matter to me. Would it be cheaper to just get the car painted? What you guys think the cost would be to paint the entire outside white? I wish I never got red :[
well that depends on the quality of paint job you get. if you plan on keeping the car for a while i recommend keeping it red for 3-4 maybe even 5 years and if at that point the car is still mechanically sound that you feel comfortable dumping in 2k dollars then do it .

if you trade the car in you will lose alot of money, on a base ralliart you will probably wont get much for trade in seeing as the most they can easily sell it for is 20k.

on another note consider waiting 2 years to sell your car and then buy a used white RA.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah thanks for your feed back thats what I think I'm going to do...red isn't soo bad...I still love the car; it just that annoying voice in the back of my head :P
Old Sep 1, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookitznite
Yeah thanks for your feed back thats what I think I'm going to do...red isn't soo bad...I still love the car; it just that annoying voice in the back of my head :P
same thing happened when my dad bought the red 08 es i had, after a whiel i was like man i want white or black or even Graphite!!! red got old quick.

so the next time around when it was tiem for me to be a big boy and buy my own car i went blk 09 gts
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:51 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lancer0220
everything you need to know is there have them

""The customer states airbag light on on after replacing seats, clear codes. Diag perform system diagnostic

10011 air bag light noted concern of air bag light on found several DTC set B223D OCM DTC present- B 1206 PS ABG indicator cir open and reset. Found incorect VIN in PASS seat module- performed DIAG and RELAERN as per Mitsu DIAG- Performed seat weight relearn and cleared SET DTC- Rechecked operation 0- DTC did not reset."
"
So, basically... the dealer just need to reset the air bag code using their MUT equipment?

I looked the thread you opened and it is a bit misleading. Do you mind explaining in general terms what was done to get it cleared.

Thanks a lot in advanced!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joedr
So, basically... the dealer just need to reset the air bag code using their MUT equipment?

I looked the thread you opened and it is a bit misleading. Do you mind explaining in general terms what was done to get it cleared.

Thanks a lot in advanced!

i know its 2 weeks late but anyways. yeah they just had to use their equipment to recalibrate the occupant control module (OCM) in the passenger seat.

"performed DIAG and RELAERN as per Mitsu DIAG- Performed seat weight relearn and cleared SET DTC- Rechecked operation 0- DTC did not reset"

they did a relearn as the Mitsubishi manual tells them to do and cleared the Diagnostic Test Codes, they checked it again and there were 0 DTC's thus they did not reset (no air bag fault light).

should only cost 75-80.00 and just install the seats yourself.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:59 PM
EvoM Moderator

The way I did it, I did not have to bring the car to the dealer.

I removed the pos side of the battery and then pressed the brakes for draining the circuits. Removed the neg side after that.

At the end, I got no SES or airbag alarm. Even the weight sensors worked righ away.

Maybe I just got lucky but it worked out pretty good for me.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

did you swap out the OCM from your stock pass set to the pass ralliart seat ?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:34 AM

these prices r insane for the seats
Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:40 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by lancer0220
did you swap out the OCM from your stock pass set to the pass ralliart seat ?
I removed the pass seat rail completely and connected the yellow wire (airbag) from the EVOX seat. No alarms or airbag error.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

is it possible to install any sparco or any other brand aftermarket seats without any problems??
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:44 PM

woah did you pay $1080.00 for Evo MR seats? thats a crazy deal. so they are leather with heated seats?