Notices

How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
HULK NOT UNDERSTAND! HULK SMASH!

Nah, it wasn't a big indentation... just enough to get the LICP to fit.

Rich
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that worked for me. Cheers
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:12 AM

i just installed my full evo x intercooler/piping took 6 hours but got it on there. made a custom 6' pipe and welded a bead around the edge.

but did anyone else notice a kinda drop in rpm when idoling while driving? i never really payed attention to it before but it seems like it drops alittle low randomly when idoling. Hasn't stalled or anything. i also have a aem intake and no tune.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by dje88
i just installed my full evo x intercooler/piping took 6 hours but got it on there. made a custom 6' pipe and welded a bead around the edge.

but did anyone else notice a kinda drop in rpm when idoling while driving? i never really payed attention to it before but it seems like it drops alittle low randomly when idoling. Hasn't stalled or anything. i also have a aem intake and no tune.
Hmmm I suggest you try and get GST Basemap with intake tune on the car. Our Ralliart can be easily lean out from a intake; apparently our cars don't run as rich as the Evo X.

Update:
Just ordered the piping from HRPworld.com. Super nice guys! My question is that... are we re-using the RA BPV hose and just using the pipe as an extension? I'm assuming we need clamps on both ends to tie it all down? lol.. such a n00b question. So far no one encountered any problems?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You are correct. The pipe is just to elongate the BPV connection to the LICP, so you will need the appropriate hardware for that. The upper section of BPV hose/pipe that returns to the turbo inlet is re-used
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Page 3 on this very thread has some great photos showing exactly where it will go. The only thing in those pics is that none of the clamps are installed, which may have been the root cause for your question, but know that there should always be a clamp at each end of any hose section to secure it in place and prevent leakage.
Referenced pics:

Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:23 PM

Errr I just realized that I order the 3 inch pipping and, Northern only makes 3 inches now. No more 6 inch!..
What's the alternative solution?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:05 AM
Evolving Member

x2

Originally Posted by Slyy
You don't have to do that pipe mod for the BOV to the LICP. You can use your stock hose; but it will be very tight.

One more option you can do, is go to your local auto shop and bring in your BOV and test fit Radiator hoses and see which one fits. Find one that has a curve that would bend at the battery location.
Bring it home and cut the hose to fit.

That's what i did.

Last edited by NASTYxNAT3; Nov 9, 2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

I was in this same situation until I found some really affordable pipe at stock car steel dot com. They sell it by the foot, and unfortunately it is not bead-rolled, but their "Aluminum Tube - Round 6061: 1-3/8" O.D. x .058" wall" is the perfect size and wall thickness. Just need to find a local machine shop or somewhere to get it bead-rolled.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:57 PM

Hi this question was probably answered already, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a straight up answer....If i use the evo x intercooler with the evo x upper and lower ic pipes what will i need? i heard i will need a coupler which i have no idea where to get? also i heard i need that 6inch tube is this correct ? I would really appreciate any responses.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:58 PM

also i am using a evo x bpv
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

The 6" pipe you will need to position the bov properly, as shown just a few posts above.

The coupler you will not need because you are using Evo piping along with your Evo IC. The coupler is needed when people are using their original piping with the Evo IC.
Old May 12, 2013, 03:29 PM

If I didn't use that 6" pipe for the BPV would it all still work? Aside from the awkward placement of the BOV does everything still assemble and function properly is what I mean to say.

And is the RA throttle body inlet the same size as the Evo's? I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket lower pipe so I don't have to go through the trouble of reaching for the LICP again, but the one I'm looking to buy is off a guy with an Evo.
Old May 12, 2013, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

It will still work, but the fitment will be very tight and will require some clocking/manipulation. The hoses will be stretched and awkward, but it can still be done.

You can definitely use the Evo X aftermarket LICP; the fitment at the throttle body is not an issue.
Old May 13, 2013, 07:58 PM

Thanks!
I think I saw pictures of people using an Evo return hose which puts the BOV closer to the cabin. Will that fit in the RA?

Quick Reply: How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler