Notices

How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So will the stock Evo uicp fit to the Stock RalliArt black meteL tube that bolts to the top of the turbo or do I need to get a x tube to put there I'm doing and swap soon just thought I'd put the fmic kit on now
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the Evo UICP will fit the turbo outlet pipe.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:06 PM

Also just a heads up to anyone trying this, the bumper is not that scary, actually compared to a couple other steps it was really simple, just get all the bolts and screws and you will be fine, I found a video on youtube showing exactly where all the bolts are and it was very easy to remove.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How was putting the bumper back on?

Originally Posted by RipTideRA
Also just a heads up to anyone trying this, the bumper is not that scary, actually compared to a couple other steps it was really simple, just get all the bolts and screws and you will be fine, I found a video on youtube showing exactly where all the bolts are and it was very easy to remove.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by RipTideRA
Post a link to the one that helped you?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by brains613
Post a link to the one that helped you?

This is the youtube link I used, shows every screw and bolt location so you don't miss a single one and the bumper comes off super easy...

do be too shy about pulling the bumper away from the fender, hard and fast down and out pull and it comes off like a big button. It goes back on easy too.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Maxtor
How was putting the bumper back on?

Bumper went back on easier than taking it off, long as you have all your bolts and screws and caps where they need to be it was just fine, seriously the hard part of this whole mod is the lower ic pipe, getting it lined up and bolted on
Old Nov 4, 2013, 08:38 PM

Has anyone tried using silicone hose to connect the LICP to BPV? As in a replacement for the 6 inch pipe/factory S shaped tubing. I'm considering trying that since it should be easy to manipulate, but wonder if the change in air volume between the LICP and BPV will have negative effects.
Has anyone tried this? And if so, what was the length you used between the LICP and BPV?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah I have seen the EVO X guys do this, Just make sure it's the reinforced type. I used a stock evo x bov top tube, cut it to fit the stock X licp, works pretty well as it has a bend to get around the battery tray.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Last weekend I installed an Evo X intercooler along with UR upper and lower pipes. The biggest pain was getting the stock LICP out of the car - some of the couplers were glued, so I had to pull out the whole thing from the bottom. Also, UR sent me the wrong size upper pipe, so the job required some cutting in the end. Thankfully their lower pipe was a perfect fit, I'd highly recommend it to anyone doing an IC install.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 06:12 PM

I completed the install this weekend with the oem evo x components. Thank you guys for the excellent write up! Very helpful!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 02:00 PM

Quick question, will the ralliart IC bracket fit the OEM Evo X IC?? Or do I need a whole separate bracket? Thank you in advance!!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Z_2_Ralli
Quick question, will the ralliart IC bracket fit the OEM Evo X IC?? Or do I need a whole separate bracket? Thank you in advance!!
I was able to fit the Evo X intercooler perfectly with the stock mounting points.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by AlDim

I was able to fit the Evo X intercooler perfectly with the stock mounting points.
Thank you very much!!! I was worried that I would have started the project and not being able to complete it. Thank you again!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 04:07 PM

anyone have pics of the licp connecting to the evo x bpv? im confused on how everyone is connecting them together. i have it on now, but it doesnt fit right

Quick Reply: How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler