Notices

Nationalization of Mitsubishi Service in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 08:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nationalization of Mitsubishi Service in Canada

I recently commented in laksman91 post about Markham Mitsubishi, in a effort not to high jack the thread with something off topic I posted my idea here. My argument was that Mitsubishi's Dealership service standards are not uniform and need improving. here is what my post said. feel free to comment, agree or disagree.

Originally Posted by evo_soul
this is the problem with Mitsubishi Dealerships in general, and in the end I blame Mitsubishi Canada. Their standards are really really lose when it comes to the dealership experience. I walk in there (personally) and I feel like they kinda done really care. For example when you hear a dealership tell you, No you cant put 16" steelies for your winter tires on your GTS. 17"Rims are recommend?

You know how i heard about that one, I had a group buy for tires going on, someone ended up going to the wrong location, and called me up on the phone and said, I came for the group buy but they told me they dont have those tires, also they told me I can only put 17" tires on. haha I started laughing, but then I thought to myself, thats kinda F'd up.

So far out of all the dealerships very few have met the minimum threshold of good service. When i get feedback, I hear left and right people getting shafted. Things that you just dont hear about from other manufacturers. I am putting together a white paper to send in to Mitsu Corp, but at this stage in the game, even if they wanted to act on the proposal, I know they would run into a huge back lash, even a lawsuit from the Dealers.

My idea was to more or less Nationalize some of the dealerships, hell build more but under a corporate branding strategy. This arguement is similar to what people have gone thru with Bell Mobility.

In the good days, your cell phone company was all one big Corporate entitity, but then someone came up with the idea, hey lets run a franchising system, and slowly powers were stripped away from the front line call center, those free phone upgrades via the phone, Gone. using your Hardware upgrade credit over the phone, Gone!. You walk into a store, and they refuse your phone service because they are not a real corporate store. haha did you know that there is no "Corp" stores in brampton. at all. no one would warranty my phone because the official Bell Corporate Extended Warranty they didnt touch. WTF , I walk out of the store it says bell. like any other store. And dont get me started about the service and getting raped over phone prices... now i have been with bell for 15 years, and they treat you like you havebeen there for 5 minutes. lol I say i want that nice Latest gen phone, what can you do for me. well sir, I can give you 400 dollars in features but i cant do anything about the hardware, its outside of our control.

How is this related the Mitsubishi structure.... Lets look at the standards

well instead of a nice picture of Mitsubishi Canada in the middle with a nice ring of dealerships all going in a nice uniform circle around Mitsu canada, the reality is that some dealerships are not even on the same orbit as others, some play fast and loose with Mitsubishi Standards and others are ok.

The biggest complain I hear is an arbitrary decision making process about warranty claims, or when it comes to dealing with problems. The number one thing is, your not covered. A good example is what happend to jappaswat (cant remember the exact spelling of his username lol) He goes in, hey my tires are wearing out really bad, i am at 10,000 km and my front tires are balding. They say, oh your out of alignment, lets line it up for ya and do a rotation, (not sure but would be surprised if they chargd him for that, fine seems fair) He comes back again and now the tires that were in the rear and rotated to the front are seeming to be burning up in the same fashion as before. They tell him, we think its a Dunlop problem, we dont cover their warranties, talk to them. After explaining the situation they tell him more or less that its your alignment talk to Mitsu. I lost count after how many round trips he made. but in the end no one admitted fault, he got stuck in a loop, and I think dunlop felt somewhat sorry for him and gave him a prorated rate towards new tires 50%.
I am somewhat afraid to ask him again if its happening again.
My point is, when you have a serious problem, it seems like *some dealer dont give a hoot.

A nationalization or introduction of a corporate structure to the service departments" may force some dealerships to tighten their game or worry about losing business. I think alot of people would stop going to their home dealership if they knew that there was a better run one down the ways.

I am not saying all dealerships are bad, some are pretty good. there is one that I am really starting to like actually which seems like they care. Which wants to actually work with the Car club. That would mean if someone has a problem, I and the service manager want to hear about it.

I dont want to highjack this thread so I will be creating a thread soon titled Mitsubishi Nationalization. You can comment there.

Other then that I think Markham is pretty decent in terms of standard and operation. at least based on what i hear.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omg, THAT was your big plan? "Nationalize the dealerships"??

I think we all seriously thought you had a plan to help all the people with rockchips.

Damn, good luck with that...
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsu has never cared.. they just want the $$.. any way they can find something wrong they will void warranties and never stick up for there customers
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

^ exactly, probably one of the most expensive and biggest mistakes I've made so far in my life in buying my Mitsubishi. The products are pure cr@p, the service is just horrible, and head office is useless. I've had nothing but problems with my car, the dealerships, and head office and I cannot wait to get rid of these pos when Im done paying it off. For now Im stuck with it and know I can't get rid of it now since Mitsubishi have a horrible resale value.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsufan76
omg, THAT was your big plan? "Nationalize the dealerships"??

I think we all seriously thought you had a plan to help all the people with rockchips.

Damn, good luck with that...
Nationalization at this point is not viable only because of the structure of our legal system, things may change depending on what happens with GM if it goes under and they attempt to re organize its relationship with its dealerships / manufacturing / warranties.

At least in regards of the big plan,
No there are other programs underway but it is in very very small beta trials right now. I can not talk to much about it at this time. But the paint issue is one thing being address
Old Apr 20, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Well...umm..Don't really know what to say here.
I had purchased an Evo X last year, They said the tires will be fine since it's all-season...until the day I hit the curb, thank god no anyone else. Ofcourse they will not do anything about that.
Anyways the 3rd day the car did not start, and I called up the stealership, and they send a truck, he boosted the car and went, right after I turned on the car, didn't turn on again. the two truck came again, he finally towed it, damaged my front bumper. When I then went to mitsubishi to pick up the car, they told me the car is ready (no quality inspection check or anything, they are hobo's) I found the damage on the front bumper, and told me up to take it with abrams since they said the tow truck did it, I said this is a company they are associated with, I called mitsu for service, they should talk to abrams and not get me involved. The point here is, they make the customer run around in circle, thats why I was so close to sue them.
In either case, the only good car they make is the lancers (and the SST i heard is outsourced aswell, so thts crap aswell), the evo has good gains, good handling, but other than that, everything is crap aswell...Mitsubishi is on its way to file bankrupcy in couple of years.

Last edited by evox44; Apr 20, 2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

I wanted to keep my warranty, but then I decided, the hell with it. If I have a mitsubishi, I might aswell have fun with it aswell. In either case, if you claim something under warranty, I bet they will shrug you off and make you go around in circles...As a customer then I would not recommend mitsubishi. It's the car's performance and people and support on forums that make it a good experience.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evox44
Mitsubishi is on its way to file bankrupcy in couple of years.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to be honest. This company hasn't turned the corner with their products and can't even put up a fight with its competition like Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, etc.

They may have stylish cars but thats about it.