Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Evo9grl goes 12.2 in Phoenix (hot night)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man she's gonna beat you without alky!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^^LOL .. so true bro. I am the mastermind behind the mods, I got her all the mods and I even install them all and it is hard to believe that her car is just steping in my toes with a $3000 budget short.

I have HKS 264/264 cams, she doesn't(stock)
I have Methanol, she doesn't
I have Works o2 hosuing, she doesn't(stock)
I have Buschur UICP deluxe, she doesn't(stock)
I have custom tune, she has mail-in flash
I have Exedy twin disc, she doesn't(stock)

She already trapped one full mile higher than my best trap on the Evo 8 on Tucson.

She did 304whp/304whp on a Mustang dyno on 91oct, we are taking her car to the dyno on the 26th and this time she has LICP and test pipe.

This will be a lesson to learn about how much more capable the Evo 9 is over the 8. Time will tell.

Good observation by the way!

Carlos
Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
Man she's gonna beat you without alky!
Actually, he drives her car on the track.

Carlos, I'm taking the Evo to Barcelona next week. Thanks for the advice about the French police, I'll be extremely careful. They highly dislike Americans and Spaniards and I just happen to have both nationalities

Regarding both of your Evos, IMHO what really makes a difference between them is the alcohol kit. The other upgrades that you mentioned don’t make a noticeable difference in power, and the Exedy is actually hurting your times when compared with the stock one. UICP slightly improves spool up, O2 has zero hp gains, the difference between a custom and a mail-in flash are minimal and the cams help compensate against the MIVEC advantage. Put aside the new clutch expenses an the parts that gave you poor results (FMIC, headers, O2), and you'll notice that your VIII threw almost identical results to the IX, if not better, all for less than $3K... No surprise about the higher trap speed for the IX since is the 5-spd and your VIII is the MR-6spd. I bet your MR has higher traps on the 1/8th.

My 02 c
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Carlos,

12.217 @ 111.94 really hot out on friday, bad 1.761 60'
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Mike,

Absolutely outstanding!! . I am glad for you. Good job indeed. Did you change the tuning any?, how did you picked up the trap speed?, did you ever installed the MBC?, was the MBC the issue?

I am not running the Evo 9 until at least one more month. I am going to try the race map that Al has. So far we are just tune for 91oct and we just add race gas which is not the same as running on a car tuned for race.

Mike, one question, did you run the track on 4th or 5th?

Take care and congrats again. Hey Mike, tomorrow is going to be a big racing day at SIR, we suppose to haver some 8, 9 and 10 sec street cars at the track. Can you make it to Tucson with your buddies?

Let me know.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Aug 19, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Carlos,
i dont think i can make it because i have work. I didnt change anything. I fixed the boost leak in the 3 and 4 injector seals and put it back on the dyno and hit 337 hp at 368 tq on 104. Car defintly feels stronger and can run 11s with a 1.6 60'. It seemes like the track was not prepped very good last night. I went sideways out of the hole twice and just couldnt get the 1.6s i was getting last week. I think i am going to wait till it cools down a little more to run again. Hopefully some one will come out with some cams that work or something because i want a little more.

mike
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

I actually liked the track last night. I thought i hated it at first cuz i messed up my first launch. The first launch i burnt up my clutch lol i guess from not being at the track in 2 months.

but later that night i was getting 1.6 60' every time and my fastest was 12.2 @110 with a 1.6 60'. Im gonna go to speedworld tonight and see what i get there. Im assuming that AZ EVO IX MR is the dude i was talking to last night. lol

Oh and if anyone claims bull**** i have the timeslip.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, Phoenix ftw.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Poorboys(Mike),Thanks! what is up with you dude? I haven't seen you in a while. When are you showing up again, it is always niceto have your company. Last but not least, stop growing, everytime I take a picture near you I look tiny.. you are a tall ****
Carlos
Hehe, I think I stopped growing a long time ago. Are you sure you're just not shrinking? Nothing is really new here. The only thing I have done is switched from a VTA BOV to a recirc. No more whoosh for me. I'm back in town, but I haven't cruised Speedway yet. Let me know next time you guys run at the track, and I will come cheer you on.

Mike