Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

My First 1/4 Mile Experience - Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you mind posting the rest of your slip, I would like to see what your 330 was and your 1/8th...
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:08 PM

practice makes perfect
Old Oct 13, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If you are arguing the merits of a MBC then you clearly need to read up on tuning. I doubt you hold 18PSI. The OEM boost control is terrible. A MBC would not only increase spoolup dramatically but also hold boost to 22PSI A minimum figure to remember. The Stock Boost controller simply cannot.

For Every PSI added, add 10WHP, you just stated that you are ok with missing 40WHP, no big deal from 18-22PSI right, only 40-50WHP, no big deal.

You should take some advice from vet Evo M members, especially those who have experience and track time. A 2.0 60 foot is REALLY bad for an AWD especially for an Evo. 1.80's are average and should be the Norm. If you have a flash for a IX then you should have had the Rev limiter increased to atleast 6200 RPM's. If not then I REALLy doubt the Flash you got did nothing more but line the pockets of whoever sold it to you.

A 104MPH trap speed in this weather is WORSE then stock. Stock IX's are hitting 105MPH btw.

Last edited by High_PSI; Oct 13, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
Would you mind posting the rest of your slip, I would like to see what your 330 was and your 1/8th...
The 1/8 mile is already there. This is from my better run:

330 - 5.544
1000 - 10.965
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
If you are arguing the merits of a MBC then you clearly need to read up on tuning. I doubt you hold 18PSI. The OEM boost control is terrible. A MBC would not only increase spoolup dramatically but also hold boost to 22PSI A minimum figure to remember. The Stock Boost controller simply cannot.

For Every PSI added, add 10WHP, you just stated that you are ok with missing 40WHP, no big deal from 18-22PSI right, only 40-50WHP, no big deal.
So you are saying there is no taper with a boost controller, and that 40-50 hp I'm sacrificing would be maintained from idle to redline? I have nothing against a boost controller, I'm merely questioning its absolute necessity since i'm not going to be running more than 24 PSI any time soon. If it really nets me that much extra power then I'll drop one in...but...doesn't the boost controller just adjust when the wastegate opens? So in reality, the part that truly affects how well the car can hold boost is the wastegate, with the BOV being next in line for leaks.

You should take some advice from vet Evo M members, especially those who have experience and track time. A 2.0 60 foot is REALLY bad for an AWD especially for an Evo. 1.80's are average and should be the Norm. If you have a flash for a IX then you should have had the Rev limiter increased to atleast 6200 RPM's. If not then I REALLy doubt the Flash you got did nothing more but line the pockets of whoever sold it to you.
Advice is welcome, but talkin down to me is most unwelcome. That is not gonna fly no matter what that person has to say...

Once again, a 2.0 60' is not BAD, it's not GOOD but it's certainly far from horrible. THERE ARE MANY VARIABLES THAT CAN AFFECT A 60' TIME, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS TRACK PREP!

Read thru the threads here, plenty of people cutting 1.7s with crappy 13.4+ ETs. You gonna sit there and tell me that .022 of a second on my 60' is going take me from 13.1 @ 104 to 12.9 @ 110? I DO NOT THINK SO, and if you do, then make sure you lube your muffler bearings before your next run! The 60' alone is just a small piece of the whole.

A 104MPH trap speed in this weather is WORSE then stock. Stock IX's are hitting 105MPH btw.
Considering that my car was basically putting down stock HP levels at the track, I was dead on. The exhaust probably helps more with torque than it does with HP, and that would explain how I was able to get a relatively low ET with such a low trap speed.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SsZERO
So you are saying there is no taper with a boost controller, and that 40-50 hp I'm sacrificing would be maintained from idle to redline? I have nothing against a boost controller, I'm merely questioning its absolute necessity since i'm not going to be running more than 24 PSI any time soon. If it really nets me that much extra power then I'll drop one in...but...doesn't the boost controller just adjust when the wastegate opens? So in reality, the part that truly affects how well the car can hold boost is the wastegate, with the BOV being next in line for leaks.
Not from idle, from boost. 22PSI is very pump gas friendly and yes this is a MJOR reason why you are so slow. Why ask questions then argue with the person who gives you the answer. The MBC, a quality one like a Hallman, keeps the wastegate closed until it reaches the preset pressure. The stock unit just bleeds boost for a gradual boost increase and then lowers it to 16PSI. The MBC gives you a THWACK boost snap and then holds it. HUGE difference, I can’t even explain what you are missing, faster spool, better topend and about 50WHP, and or yeah a WAY faster car.

Once again, a 2.0 60' is not BAD, it's not GOOD but it's certainly far from horrible. THERE ARE MANY VARIABLES THAT CAN AFFECT A 60' TIME, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS TRACK PREP!
Sorry, 2.0 is terrible.
Read thru the threads here, plenty of people cutting 1.7s with crappy 13.4+ ETs. You gonna sit there and tell me that .022 of a second on my 60' is going take me from 13.1 @ 104 to 12.9 @ 110? I DO NOT THINK SO, and if you do, then make sure you lube your muffler bearings before your next run! The 60' alone is just a small piece of the whole.
A low 60 foot time makes great ET’s, you won’t get a 110MPH because you aren’t maing any more power then stock. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Please listen. I also find it VERY ironic that you make a “ricer” comment when you lack any knowledge in this field. It is why you made this thread, isn’t It?

Considering that my car was basically putting down stock HP levels at the track, I was dead on. The exhaust probably helps more with torque than it does with HP, and that would explain how I was able to get a relatively low ET with such a low trap speed.
Ok, you need to stop talking, and start searching. I am almost thinking that this is a joke.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Not from idle, from boost. 22PSI is very pump gas friendly and yes this is a MJOR reason why you are so slow. Why ask questions then argue with the person who gives you the answer. The MBC, a quality one like a Hallman, keeps the wastegate closed until it reaches the preset pressure. The stock unit just bleeds boost for a gradual boost increase and then lowers it to 16PSI. The MBC gives you a THWACK boost snap and then holds it. HUGE difference, I can’t even explain what you are missing, faster spool, better topend and about 50WHP, and or yeah a WAY faster car.
Well for $60 it cant hurt to try.

Sorry, 2.0 is terrible.

A low 60 foot time makes great ET’s, you won’t get a 110MPH because you aren’t maing any more power then stock. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Please listen. I also find it VERY ironic that you make a “ricer” comment when you lack any knowledge in this field. It is why you made this thread, isn’t It?
A low 60' gives the POTENTIAL for a "great" ET, that is if the person knows how to shift. Like I said, plenty of people launching good but trapping crap. Maybe as an experienced ricer, you race for 60 feet at a time. I dunno. That's not my thing.

Ok, you need to stop talking, and start searching. I am almost thinking that this is a joke.
What I think is a joke, is a ricer talking about drag racing in a car that was designed for off road circuit racing - as if the car was purely intended to tear it up at the strip. It's almost as funny as the turbo buick people talking about auto-x, but not quite, because I don't think I've read or heard about that yet.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:38 AM

I've run my Evo at 11 roadrace track events this year. I'm not a drag racer...but I do know 60,000 miles in modded Evo's and this thread is numbing my brain cells...You casually disregard helpful suggestions from members who have proven themselves FAST on the dragstrip...Flame away...I live for corners...But, my IX with a Vishnu ECU reflash and a quiet turboback hauls-butt....306whp/306tq on a Dynojet AWdyno. Can't feel your flash = didn't get a flash...
Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Warr said it very well, you flamed him and others trying to help... your driving skills at the strip are a joke. Not only that you don't tell the truth very well. Instead of worrying so much about the tree worry about your driving skills, and yes there are some robotic drivers on here that would own you off the tree all day and warr is one of them.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

60' will get you down to high 12's.. 1.7 1.8 is the usual 60'.. i had a 1.76 60' ...just slip clutch til you start to feel the car moving and release...lil burn of the cluth..but the better you get the clutch will not burn..
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by saywhen
Warr said it very well, you flamed him and others trying to help... your driving skills at the strip are a joke. Not only that you don't tell the truth very well. Instead of worrying so much about the tree worry about your driving skills, and yes there are some robotic drivers on here that would own you off the tree all day and warr is one of them.
YO d00d!!!! Warr uses synthetic wiper fluid and has an upgraded wing for better speed!!! NO DUH hees 2 fast 4 me!!!!!! Warr told me he hakked his ecu to run DOS so he car can download faster and make b000st more fasterer!!!! DOS has more bits than stock so more power!!!!!!!! When I do the B16 swap f00l then my sled run 9s and I pwn all cuz vtec pwnz! kekekekekeke