Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Rear Bumper Venting - No more Parachute

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sir, I don't like it.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The cut outs hurt the aero by changing the lift/downforce of the car.

If people own an EVO and accept it getting crappy gas mileage THEN THEY NEED THEIR BRAINS EXAMINED. NOT worrying about the fuel mileage is stupid.
If you're worried about gas mileage and your putting the pedal down all the time and wonder why you're getting sh*tty gas mileage then you need your brains examined.

I have a beater that gets nearly twice the mpg my Evo does, so frankly...the mileage of my Evo doesn't concern me. I get around 19mpg so if I'm suddenly getting like 9mpg, then I know somethings wrong. If I see 17-21 mpg, then I know everything's okay. I don't need to cut holes in my bumper to increase my gas mileage.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Best way to get great gas mileage......Install an AEM EMS and get Buschur to tune it! He now consistently gets 500+ Pump HP and 30+ MPG!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QwikSRT4
If people bought their Evos for gas mileage, then they need their brains examined.
Where did anyone say that people buy evo's for their gas millage???????

Originally Posted by QwikSRT4
If you're worried about gas mileage and your putting the pedal down all the time and wonder why you're getting sh*tty gas mileage then you need your brains examined.

I have a beater that gets nearly twice the mpg my Evo does, so frankly...the mileage of my Evo doesn't concern me. I get around 19mpg so if I'm suddenly getting like 9mpg, then I know somethings wrong. If I see 17-21 mpg, then I know everything's okay. I don't need to cut holes in my bumper to increase my gas mileage.
Here is the thing. If you can get 18-22 instead of 17-21 all by adding a few holes in your bumper, then why not?

It really seems like you need to get your reading comprehension in check here. You just keep spewing out raw ignorance and then keep digging it deeper with EVEN MORE ignorance by manipulating the topic and putting words in people's mouths. Give it up. You haven't made a single valid or logical point in this thread yet.